F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Looking to purchase 2014 bmw 335ix w/ m performance package
Studio RSR

01-20-2014, 09:31 PM   #1
Narindp
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335

Looking to purchase 2014 bmw 335ix w/ m performance package

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Hey guys,

I'm interested in buying a 2014 bmw 335ix w/ m performance package. My only concern with it is the ground clearance. I live in calgary alberta and we get lots of snow here. I'm currently driving a 08 accord with a set of 4 winter tires and there has been many times where i couldn't leave my neighbored because i kept getting stuck. I can also here my car grinding against the snow whenever i'm driving on a road that hasn't been plowed.

Does anyone with the 2014 bmw 335ix w/ m performance package have similar issues? Any suggestions?
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2014, 09:44 PM   #2
openwheelracing
Captain
Rep
Drives: 5 different 3 Series

You definitely should get a tall wagon or SUV instead.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2014, 07:44 AM   #3
joz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 335xi

if your accord is scraping, then the 335 will be plowing the road.

As far as getting stuck is it an issue of traction or the snow level being too high? An AWD car with a good set of winter tires on it should be able to handle most situations. The only issue for you may be the ground clearance.

I don't think the m performance package (dynamic handling package as some refer to in the US) changes the ground clearance compared to the stock 335 (comes stock with m sport body styling).

if it is an option keep the accord for the winters and 335 for the 2 months of summer you guys get
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2014, 07:58 AM   #4
2blu
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 540i XDrive ///M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narindp View Post
Hey guys,

I'm interested in buying a 2014 bmw 335ix w/ m performance package. My only concern with it is the ground clearance. I live in calgary alberta and we get lots of snow here. I'm currently driving a 08 accord with a set of 4 winter tires and there has been many times where i couldn't leave my neighbored because i kept getting stuck. I can also here my car grinding against the snow whenever i'm driving on a road that hasn't been plowed.

Does anyone with the 2014 bmw 335ix w/ m performance package have similar issues? Any suggestions?
I have a 335 X-Drive M-sport in Montreal, we get a fair amount of snow here and I haven't had an issue where the ground clearance affected the ability of the car. I do have OCD about my car and carry a small portable shovel in my trunk just in case I need to shovel some hard/compacted snow when entering/leaving parking spots so that my bumper isn't treated like a snowplow.

Keep in mind that X-Drives retain the same suspension as the base model, even when equipped with the M-sport package, so their ride height isn't any lower than the base models.

The lowest part of the front bumper is right in front of the front wheels (the area where snow is least present on the road) so that should save you some heartache as well !

Personally, I am extremely pleased with the performance and versatility I'm getting from my 335 X-Drive and do not regret it one bit. I'm coming from a RWD G37S so this AWD machine is making winter driving much less of a hassle !