F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Neck warmers retrofit
Studio RSR

04-01-2024, 12:34 AM   #1
)2dano2
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 420D F33

Neck warmers retrofit

Hi all

I was wondering If someone could help me please, I have retrofitted neck warmers in my F33 but cannot figure out how to solve this fault. I've checked all wiring and it's fine with the car started if u press the button for drivers side all 3 lights come on the go straight back out this is for both side. Please see attached the fault I'm getting on ISTA I just don't know what issue to check next and I don't want to order new heaters if its a software issue.

I've checked all wiring and installed exactly as the wiring diagram shows I have the seats from the M4 with the control units they come with coded to the car to remove the restraint faults.

Any help of where to look would be much appreciated

Thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-01-2024, 03:07 AM   #2
mig2830
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 340I

It looks like you have a open cirquit on the LIN. I think you should do a test from point to pont on the LIN to see if the wire is ok. Disconnect the connectores both end and messure the resistance from connector to connector (pin- to-pin). If zero ohms it could me a module fault.
Appreciate 1
      04-01-2024, 03:18 AM   #3
)2dano2
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mig2830 View Post
It looks like you have a open cirquit on the LIN. I think you should do a test from point to pont on the LIN to see if the wire is ok. Disconnect the connectores both end and messure the resistance from connector to connector (pin- to-pin). If zero ohms it could me a module fault.
Thanks for your reply, I'm just looking over the diagram for the install again and the diagram is confusing me now, it shows the SM_LIN going to the drivers seat which is obviously a left hand drive. So would the SM_LIN still go to the drivers seat which is on the right in the UK or do I put it on the passengers seat? Because that's still on the left?

Thanks again for your reply I have been thinking the LIN is the problem just needed confirmation
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2024, 10:41 AM   #4
mig2830
Private First Class
Rep

I do not have the diagrams, so I can not say, byt my guss is a LIN to both seats. Could you display the diagrams?
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2024, 11:01 AM   #5
)2dano2
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
I do not have the diagrams, so I can not say, byt my guss is a LIN to both seats. Could you display the diagrams?
Hi there Please see attached

It only shows it to the left seat but it shows the drivers module.

I'm uk right seat drivers module but I'm guessing this would still be the same?

I'm not sure if drivers module and passenger are the same they have different product codes though

Thanks
Daniel
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-01-2024, 02:07 PM   #6
mig2830
Private First Class
Rep

The LIN connects from the switch to the Neck warming module (common for both seats-it will swich on the warmer for the left and right seat according to whitch switch is activated) and the seat module (seat memory) at the drivers side.

It is the one and oly LIN bus connected . So you need to make a messurement from the switch to the drivers seat to check for connection from pin 1 in the switch and pin 8 at the yellow connector under the drivers seat and pin 12 at the neck warming module.

There should be no coding involved, maybe the seat module SM with 4NH for doof messures.

Last edited by mig2830; 04-01-2024 at 02:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2024, 03:08 PM   #7
)2dano2
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
The LIN connects from the switch to the Neck warming module (common for both seats-it will swich on the warmer for the left and right seat according to whitch switch is activated) and the seat module (seat memory) at the drivers side.

It is the one and oly LIN bus connected . So you need to make a messurement from the switch to the drivers seat to check for connection from pin 1 in the switch and pin 8 at the yellow connector under the drivers seat and pin 12 at the neck warming module.

There should be no coding involved, maybe the seat module SM with 4NH for doof messures.
I'll have another check with the LIN cables when I get chance over the next few days I'm hoping it's a simple fix and a issue with a cable rather then having to buy 2 new heating units.

I'll report back what I find 👍
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2024, 03:17 AM   #8
mig2830
Private First Class
Rep

I forgot to mention the part of the LIN bus under the drivers seat from pin 8 to pin 4 at the seat module (gray/white cabel), that could in fact be the "missing link".
Appreciate 0