F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Speed limit info, acoustic warning sound?
proTUNING Freaks

07-11-2012, 08:45 PM   #23
uter
BMW nerd
Rep
Drives: E9, E28, E31, G87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero7 View Post
I read on a swedish BMW forum that if you have "Speed limit information" (se pic below) and when you exceed the speed limit you hear a acoustic warning sound, is this true? If it's true then I dont want this in my car.
Even my E28 has this function.
Growing up, we'd set it at 85 mph. If Dad drove faster than that, he got "gonged".
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2012, 11:43 PM   #24
THizzle7XU
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by uter View Post
Even my E28 has this function.
Growing up, we'd set it at 85 mph. If Dad drove faster than that, he got "gonged".
If you do go past the limit, is it a one time sound just to let you know, or is it a persistent sound until you drop below the limit? If it's a single sound just to inform you quickly, that's cool. But if it's a nanny feature to annoy you into driving slower, then boo. Of course, it can be turned off, but the notification is definitely useful.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2012, 03:14 AM   #25
RobUK
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 340i MPPSK

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by THizzle7XU View Post
If you do go past the limit, is it a one time sound just to let you know, or is it a persistent sound until you drop below the limit? If it's a single sound just to inform you quickly, that's cool. But if it's a nanny feature to annoy you into driving slower, then boo. Of course, it can be turned off, but the notification is definitely useful.
Yes it chimes as you cross the speed threshold you've set but then remains quiet (unless your speed drops below the threshold and then you exceed it again).

I'd rather they gave you the option to program the audible warning, for example when you hit 85mph the car says "Looks like you're having fun!"

Life is a state of mind
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2017, 11:05 PM   #26
mwa12E93
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Alpine White E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinf79 View Post
In Canada, we can get the Speed LImit Info option (8TH) as a stand alone option for $350. Since I have more time now before picking up my car (November build), I'm tempted to get the HUD + Speed Limit Info (would be an $1850 total option), but everyone seems to rave about HUD.
I have driven an F40 w/ HUD. Wish I could put it in my E93 335is. It is brilliant, particularly w/ SATNAV.
Appreciate 0