F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Photo, Video, Media Gallery, Journals > F32 4 Series Studio Photos
GetBMWParts

06-15-2013, 02:59 PM   #45
Transfer
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bronco Wildtrak, Tesla MYP

Car looks great except for that lower bumper. Gah! It's horrible.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2013, 03:05 PM   #46
jtodd
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i

Garage List
2008 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd View Post
I know! But it's all real now lol
You're telling me the $hit just got real now? LOL
I know I know, but it's just all the more disappointing now.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2013, 03:32 PM   #47
Game
------
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 (sold)

I feel like every BMW has the same tail lights now a days.
      06-15-2013, 03:57 PM   #48
Auto Pilot
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 SG CR 335xi e92, M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittx52011 View Post
I don't know why the even bother to put the rear seats, for groceries probably.
I use the trunk for groceries. I know it sounds funny when talking about coupes, but one of the reasons why I bought the car was that it had a practical trunk compared to other coupes I had looked at (G37 and S5).

I'm actually curious to see the trunk for the new 4 series. In my e92 I tansport 4 winter tires with the back seats folded down.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2013, 05:38 PM   #49
lepp0012
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3CX

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrrm1127
Geez that orange peel in the paint is horrendous. Studio photos really amplify the miserable paint job. It seems as each generation comes along the orange peel gets worse and worse. You can really see it on the 435i trunk badge shot.
+1

I'm really sick of all the OEMs, especially luxury brands thinking this is acceptable.

The fact that they don't even bother to wet sand their photo cars sure shows how little they care!
2007 E93 335i 6MT
2007 E83 X3 6MT
2001 Audi TT 6MT
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2013, 06:44 PM   #50
antremo
Rep
Drives: 2011 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCHL View Post
No LED rear lightbulbs sigh
Yup. That's all I kept thinking/saying...where are the LEDs? I don't understand how the cost could be more and it doesn't come with FULL LED Front and rear.

Also, the doors have less leather, there is less wood trim on dash/doors and the rear passengers console has been completely removed. Those are the little details that make a BMW feel rich.

The trunk also looks smaller.

What do you think?
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2013, 08:21 PM   #51
Mak135i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 911 GTS, X3M

The gap between tire and fender is HUGE for a supposedly "sporty" coupe! First mod would be some springs or coil-overs.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2013, 01:06 AM   #52
gerbs
woof
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by e92dave View Post
I'm not completely agreeing with every word, but the e92 was much more revolutionary, the f32 is simply evolutionary. I was expecting more, and it looks like no time was spent on the behind. It just looks so simple. After all that waiting... Sigh*

I feel the same.

I am absolutely thrilled I didn't wait around for the coupe. Yay F30!

2013 F13 ///M6 Sakhir Orange
2013 F30 335i Estoril Blue II
2008 E92 ///M3 Interlagos Blue
2007 E92 335i Montego Blue
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2013, 07:59 AM   #53
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

The Coupe should be a different vehicle than the rest with its own personality. BMW succesufuly managed to mix all of them together diluting its own image.

- Paint job,kinda terrible
- wheels, terrible
- unnecessary plastic elements on the fenders makes it CHEAP, a wanna be, perfect for those kitchy people that apply on their car all the dollar store crap they can find. Same opinion about the Modern, Sport, and other crap badges. You can make the car using specific elements, chrome or black, wheels, mirror caps, etc. people will know which is ELegant and which Sport, make it subtle...
-The front bumper is just horrible, the design, the lines, the fog lamp don't even use a similar "language" with the headlamps, everything is put in there because it needs to be, but what a huge step back in time, it si not ugly, but already dated.
- the 435 badge just confusing, why on hell BMW will pick number four for a two door car and a number 3 for a four door sedan is just a mistery for me. The new series and new mixing numbers will make BMW a brand with lots a numbers on the back that will actually confuse the people, soon only a true entusiast will know what the heck these numbers mean. Instead of helping their image by offering a true simply identity to their cars they just make it worse.
- same with the M badge, every wanna-be owner is happy to display his M badge on his 320 BMW with some cheap door sills and M sport bumper! Instead of keeping the M division in its place, BMW is dilluting its own history for marketing. Might work for now, but I guess that BMW is unaware about the damage. Or who knows, BMW will come up with a "K" series soon to compensate the mistake and offer more confusion and try to open a new, more sporty niche.
-on many new cars you see inegrated exhaust pipes, BMW is stuck on these round pipes likethe time has stop for them. I hope that the ugly exhaust system will not be seen again from the back hanging out under the bumper, what a dissapointment from a brand that wants to express sportivity and evolution. The friking Hyundai did it for God's sake...
-the Garmin, Ipad Navi screen is just awful, awful, awful.

I was excited about this Coupe, but now...

Honestly, I don't feel, I am actually convinced that all BMW cares is money, marketing is the king now, not attention to detail, not the care for its own image. I just don't see ANY evolution on these new cars, only failures lately.

Will people still buy it? Sure, it is a BMW, the status symbol hunters can look cool for their ignorant friends. So there you go, BMW dilutes its own image addressing to all wanna be on the market, pushing away the hard core fans.
Then, the same people that will slap us on the face on this forum, telling us that the LCI is made because this is the rule, not to fix their terrible mistakes, will come in to explain that BMW "sells a lot", so we are wrong, their recipe to succes is actually working, we are the ones that we don' know what are we talking about... For now, yeah, this is how it looks like, but The true enthusiast don' t want a german Toyota.
Simply put, a very dangerous path that will make BMW an ordinary brand.

For a company that has all the money, tools and manpower to bring incredible automobiles, here we are, stuck with some vehicles that are outdated from the launch pictures already. What a dissapointment.
A vehicle from a such brand that should bring unanimous excitement not controversial opinions. Controversial means poor, acceptable but not good.
When a vehicle is acclaimed by everybody as beautiful, then, you achieved a good design. But when you come up with cars that are accepted only because the fans wants to stay loyal, you should become worried. "It will grow on me" is a very dangerous expression when it comes from your loyal customers. It may grow today but the other companies are not sitting doing nothing...

Just my one cent...

Last edited by Teutonic; 06-16-2013 at 08:19 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2013, 08:07 AM   #54
Oliver1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Miss Daisy

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92dave View Post
I'm not completely agreeing with every word, but the e92 was much more revolutionary, the f32 is simply evolutionary. I was expecting more, and it looks like no time was spent on the behind. It just looks so simple. After all that waiting... Sigh*
It goes in stages. You get revolutionary, then evolutionary with little tweeks in between to 'freshen' the design.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2013, 01:48 PM   #55
ramuman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab3 View Post
It kind of bugs me that the intake on the left side is filled in and the right side is open... why not just punch a hole in both and make it symmetrical?
Hope the M4 fixes that .
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2013, 03:40 PM   #56
Frosty
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M240i - 2021 - 6MT -

Is there any advantage to pain longevity having orange peel to deflect light?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrrm1127 View Post
Geez that orange peel in the paint is horrendous. Studio photos really amplify the miserable paint job. It seems as each generation comes along the orange peel gets worse and worse. You can really see it on the 435i trunk badge shot.
Prelude (5MT) (1995)
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2013, 03:45 PM   #57
Frosty
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M240i - 2021 - 6MT -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto Pilot View Post
I use the trunk for groceries. I know it sounds funny when talking about coupes, but one of the reasons why I bought the car was that it had a practical trunk compared to other coupes I had looked at (G37 and S5).

I'm actually curious to see the trunk for the new 4 series. In my e92 I tansport 4 winter tires with the back seats folded down.
Likewise! I can also transport my mountain or road bicycle with ease
Prelude (5MT) (1995)
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2013, 05:04 PM   #58
Remonster
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittx52011 View Post
I don't know why the even bother to put the rear seats, for groceries probably.
Are you joking? I'm 6'3" and spent at least 40 minutes riding in the back of my friend's E92 last night and it wasn't too bad.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2013, 08:18 PM   #59
jtodd
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i

Garage List
2008 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracus
The Coupe should be a different vehicle than the rest with its own personality. BMW succesufuly managed to mix all of them together diluting its own image.

- Paint job,kinda terrible
- wheels, terrible
- unnecessary plastic elements on the fenders makes it CHEAP, a wanna be, perfect for those kitchy people that apply on their car all the dollar store crap they can find. Same opinion about the Modern, Sport, and other crap badges. You can make the car using specific elements, chrome or black, wheels, mirror caps, etc. people will know which is ELegant and which Sport, make it subtle...
-The front bumper is just horrible, the design, the lines, the fog lamp don't even use a similar "language" with the headlamps, everything is put in there because it needs to be, but what a huge step back in time, it si not ugly, but already dated.
- the 435 badge just confusing, why on hell BMW will pick number four for a two door car and a number 3 for a four door sedan is just a mistery for me. The new series and new mixing numbers will make BMW a brand with lots a numbers on the back that will actually confuse the people, soon only a true entusiast will know what the heck these numbers mean. Instead of helping their image by offering a true simply identity to their cars they just make it worse.
- same with the M badge, every wanna-be owner is happy to display his M badge on his 320 BMW with some cheap door sills and M sport bumper! Instead of keeping the M division in its place, BMW is dilluting its own history for marketing. Might work for now, but I guess that BMW is unaware about the damage. Or who knows, BMW will come up with a "K" series soon to compensate the mistake and offer more confusion and try to open a new, more sporty niche.
-on many new cars you see inegrated exhaust pipes, BMW is stuck on these round pipes likethe time has stop for them. I hope that the ugly exhaust system will not be seen again from the back hanging out under the bumper, what a dissapointment from a brand that wants to express sportivity and evolution. The friking Hyundai did it for God's sake...
-the Garmin, Ipad Navi screen is just awful, awful, awful.

I was excited about this Coupe, but now...

Honestly, I don't feel, I am actually convinced that all BMW cares is money, marketing is the king now, not attention to detail, not the care for its own image. I just don't see ANY evolution on these new cars, only failures lately.

Will people still buy it? Sure, it is a BMW, the status symbol hunters can look cool for their ignorant friends. So there you go, BMW dilutes its own image addressing to all wanna be on the market, pushing away the hard core fans.
Then, the same people that will slap us on the face on this forum, telling us that the LCI is made because this is the rule, not to fix their terrible mistakes, will come in to explain that BMW "sells a lot", so we are wrong, their recipe to succes is actually working, we are the ones that we don' know what are we talking about... For now, yeah, this is how it looks like, but The true enthusiast don' t want a german Toyota.
Simply put, a very dangerous path that will make BMW an ordinary brand.

For a company that has all the money, tools and manpower to bring incredible automobiles, here we are, stuck with some vehicles that are outdated from the launch pictures already. What a dissapointment.
A vehicle from a such brand that should bring unanimous excitement not controversial opinions. Controversial means poor, acceptable but not good.
When a vehicle is acclaimed by everybody as beautiful, then, you achieved a good design. But when you come up with cars that are accepted only because the fans wants to stay loyal, you should become worried. "It will grow on me" is a very dangerous expression when it comes from your loyal customers. It may grow today but the other companies are not sitting doing nothing...

Just my one cent...
That was more like your "two" cents lol but I agree 100% with what you've stated. Especially the fact this 4 is just the new 3 series but with two doors and an ugly bumper. As far as BMW fans learning to love it, for Christ sake it's a car not a song! Either it looks great or it doesn't.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2013, 08:43 PM   #60
OverDriven
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game View Post
I feel like every BMW has the same tail lights now a days.
The headlight and taillight shape are part of the BMW branding. It's like saying you feel like they all have the same grill shape. They do, and its because it helps people immediately identify the kind of car it is on the road.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2013, 09:24 PM   #61
Game
------
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverDriven View Post
The headlight and taillight shape are part of the BMW branding. It's like saying you feel like they all have the same grill shape. They do, and its because it helps people immediately identify the kind of car it is on the road.
Couldn't disagree with this more. Nothing about the E92 and E90 tail lights are similar. The BMW brand is the AE's and front grills.

F10, F30 and now the F32 all have the same tails to me.
      06-17-2013, 01:28 AM   #62
M_Power_Fan
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: the Ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrrm1127 View Post
i agree. These paintjobs today are really bad.

But the car looks great. First "3 series" coupe for a while that i like. Looks like a small 6 series...not so sure about the front bumper.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2013, 04:38 AM   #63
Hans_ACS
Private
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW F01 740d

In general, its a disappointment. But, BMW first made the public 'warm' with a great looking concept, followed by a disappointing real product. Our expectations were set to high ...
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2013, 09:02 AM   #64
kbass
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1

bad lighting and wrong lens. Get a new photographer.
Appreciate 0