F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Maintenance: Wash, Wax, Detailing, Repairs > window trim.getting stained and dull..
proTUNING Freaks

06-03-2012, 03:53 PM   #1
Rich2k1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i

window trim.getting stained and dull..

My window trim along all 4 driver and passenger windows above and below are discolors and look so dull after a wash. I hate to add any Greasy product on there to make them look good but have to. does anyone else seem to have this issue
      06-04-2012, 10:24 AM   #2
KneeDragr
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Planning 2015 ED :)

First question - how do you wash your car? Most dedicated car wash products are formulated to be tough on dirt but mild on trim and paint. I hope you are not using Dawn or some other harsh soap on your car.

Secondly, I have used a number of products with varying degrees of success. My favorite on my car has been Adams Super VRT. I use it on all exterior trim. It forms a chemical bond with the trim so it lasts many weeks even through harsh rains and will even last a couple washes.

Recently, I was washing my wife's car and didnt feel like using my good stuff. I had some leftover Meguiars Ultimate Protectant that was too shiny to use on the interior. Her trim was pretty faded looking and it did an excellent job making it a dark black and restoring its rubbery feel. I would recommend it if you are using OTC detailing products.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2012, 01:10 AM   #3
live4wknds
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i

An F30 owner shared a similar problem on another forum. I too have noticed the rubber trim around the windows looking pretty nasty after the first car wash. A suggested product was from a company called Einszett. It's called Gummi Pflege Stift. I think the translation is 'rubber care stick'? Anyway, it's claimed to return the rubber to a nice, uniform black color. It's water based so hopefully not greasy feeling. I'll be buying some myself. Amazon has it.
Appreciate 0