F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > A Few more observations - 330D Msport
ARMA SPEED

12-23-2012, 02:08 PM   #1
BMerman
Rep
Drives: F30 330D Msport

A Few more observations - 330D Msport

Having had mine for a week now, no dry running yet, just a few thoughts, first impression knocks my e92 330d Msport Coupe into a cock hat, chalk and cheese spring to mind, smoother, quieter, more responsive. Seems to me you get 4 cars in one:-

1 - Eco Pro (the tree huggers choice)
2 - Comfort (the junior executive, Alan Sugar reject)
3 - Sport (Boxter baiter)
4 - Sport+ (as fast as the iconic M1)

That works out at approx £11,000 each, Bargain !!!!!

Won't bore you with the usual picks, but taken some of the rear diffuser and the speed camera alert installed.
Attached Images

12-23-2012, 03:04 PM   #2
RichardM
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i LCI

Looks lovely mate. Glad to see I'm not the only one that went for wood! I'm still not convinced I did the right thing though. I was hoping it would be darker.

Did you find out how they wired in the camera detector?
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2012, 03:12 PM   #3
F30AM
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport sDrive

Whilst we are making these observations, I wish I had not bothered with DAB, but ordered a heated steering wheel instead. Also, 19" wheels would have been such a pretty addition, though I dread to envisage the reduced ride comfort and the kerbing possibilities.
      12-23-2012, 03:23 PM   #4
F30FAN
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport -

Nice...

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=781108
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2012, 03:32 PM   #5
BMerman
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
Looks lovely mate. Glad to see I'm not the only one that went for wood! I'm still not convinced I did the right thing though. I was hoping it would be darker.

Did you find out how they wired in the camera detector?
After a misunderstanding, (wiring to the power socket in the ash tray) they wired it just below the actual position under the dash, so no need to wire to the boot, it's actually better than in my coupe as it powers up as soon as you press the start button, ie. in radio prep mode. The problem with the power socket is that it stays on for approx 15mins after the car is locked.

As for the wood I like it, I had bamboo previously 'mingin'
      12-23-2012, 03:40 PM   #6
BMerman
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30AM View Post
Whilst we are making these observations, I wish I had not bothered with DAB, but ordered a heated steering wheel instead. Also, 19" wheels would have been such a pretty addition, though I dread to envisage the reduced ride comfort and the kerbing possibilities.
I have heated steering wheel, excellent and the girlfriend has stopped complaining about cold hands, worth every penny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't worry about the ride quality on 19's it's really very good, as for the possibilty of kerbing be like me give everything a wide berth, I was forced of the road in my coupe in the frist week, onto the grass which had rocks to prevent parking, so I'm doing well with the F30 i've had it 10 days and no marks. if ever their was a kiss of death thats it
      12-24-2012, 12:22 AM   #7
stuartrav
Enlisted Member
England
Rep
Drives: 330d Msport Saloon 08 facelift

Hi, I got my F30 330d msport this week but have been stuck in bed since they delivered it with a really bad case of the Norovirus, my wife has driven it but I have been to ill to even get out of bed to adjust all the various settings let alone drive it!

Did you do much investigation work into the speed camera detector? I used a Snooper Indigo in the E90 as I didn't spec the old car with Nav. The F30 has Nav so I want to get a small separate stand alone GPS speed camera detector like you. I have got on really well with My Snooper so initially thought to get the Snooper Lynx GT Live as it has a built in sim so updates the camera database automatically without needing to plug into a computer, but then having read a few websites the Road Angel Gem which also has its own built in sim seems to win all the awards and then there is the Pogo you have where the company have just been bought by Road Angel.

Finally has no one found a way of downloading speed camera positions to the BMW Nav?
      12-24-2012, 01:50 AM   #8
RichardM
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartrav View Post
Finally has no one found a way of downloading speed camera positions to the BMW Nav?
It is not possible I'm afraid.
Appreciate 0