F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > Best way to lose lower stomach fat
proTUNING Freaks

11-04-2011, 11:33 AM   #45
Hedges
Major General
Rep
Drives: 12 C63 AMG

Just inject the roids up your bum and call it a day!
      11-04-2011, 05:52 PM   #46
Quick6EF
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 Space Gray

And dont listen to CrazyLegs.
      11-11-2011, 02:38 AM   #47
angel_phil
Registered
Philippines
Rep
Drives: toyota vios

take small meals and avoid fatty foods, and do more set-ups..
      11-11-2011, 09:28 AM   #48
sk8board511
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 E90-Bikes on bikes on bikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedges View Post
Best answer yet
      02-06-2013, 04:15 AM   #49
Brodiendd
Rep
Drives: Accord

Well get rid of more fat, from your body through exercise. Improve your total body muscle, this will boost your metabolism to lose more. For many people, the lower belly is the first place to store fat and the last to lose it.It doesn't make any difference, how many crunches you do if the muscles are covered by a layer of fat.
      02-06-2013, 06:12 AM   #50
e90 Powa
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 White 335xi

Chinese food causes violent diarrhea works the abbs.

Last edited by e90 Powa; 02-06-2013 at 11:39 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2013, 06:39 AM   #51
kennyfrc
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedges View Post
^+1

Mods: OEM Euro Headers, RPI Scoop

Daily: 2010 Tacoma Double Cab
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 09:24 PM   #52
ikermalli
Rep
Drives: 08 128i Sport/Prem/CW

Watch the fat, sugar and simple carbs in your diet

Make sure you have a caloric deficit

Cardio to lower your body fat percentage (boxing is really intense cardio if your gym has a bag)

Work your abs out to gain definition (upper, lower, sides)

In general, the more muscle you gain the more calories you'll burn when idle which helps increase your caloric deficit. Also, wherever you hold the most fat is the place that will lose it last, there's no such thing as targeted fat loss.

It's not easy, trust me, I lost 60 pounds in the past year but it feels awesome.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 09:46 PM   #53
GotE46M
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Few M cars.

Yeah the best advice is to eat right.. you can work out all you want but if you don't adjust what you put in your stomach you'll never see the results.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 10:01 PM   #54
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

for me it was just cut out as much sugar as you can. I have seen crazy results since I cut sugar out of my diet.

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, PM ME FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Jimmy Miller:Jimmym@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-509-2048
If you have any issues getting a hold of Jimmy M PLEASE PM me, I'm available everyday till 545pm!
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2013, 10:29 AM   #55
PetoM3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bug Killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker330i View Post
it doesnt matter if its one large meal, or 6 small meals, the body will digest it all the same and use the fats, carbs, and proteins all the same as well
So no true! For one your metabolism slows down with a big meal and thus you burn less. Second if you get to a routine like this, body adapts and will start storing the food as fat even more, so called starvation mode. That's why its also good breakfast, so that the body doesn't have to preserve as much food when you sleep....
      02-25-2013, 12:57 AM   #56
Chillaxed1
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetoM3 View Post
So no true! For one your metabolism slows down with a big meal and thus you burn less. Second if you get to a routine like this, body adapts and will start storing the food as fat even more, so called starvation mode. That's why its also good breakfast, so that the body doesn't have to preserve as much food when you sleep....
I second that. My wife is a personal trainer who has always said to eat portions throughout the day. Try not to eat much 3 hours before bed aswell
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2013, 02:04 PM   #57
shovelhead
Rep
Drives: BMW 530

I lost a considerable amount of weight by drinking an ensure in the morning with a banana and eating white meats for lunch and dinner without any exercise at all. Also, I drink quite a bit of water per day as well. Fluids will keep the weight on pretty easy. Stay away from those sodas.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2013, 05:20 PM   #58
milkdud
Rep
Drives: 2010 335 xi

I thought I would add my $.02 to get my post count up enough to PM someone for parts...

Here's what worked for me - I gave up soda and red meat, spread my 2000 calories p/day into 5 to 6 meals and used a BowFlex for 20 minutes, 3 times p/week. I also drank as much water as I could; sometimes as much as a gallon a day to keep myself feeling full. I'm down 85 pounds and kept it off for close to 4 years. Now I eat what I want but not in excess and I still try to stay away from soda and red meat as much as possible. I also run 12 to 20 miles p/week and use the BowFlex. My fear is that if I don't keep exercising, I won't fit into my Bimmer

One of the hardest parts to losing the weight was staying away from beer/alcohol. I've been known to enjoy a beer every now and again and I'm not talking about that swill known as light beer either. I like me the "liquid pork chop" types... Guinness, Hacker-Pschorr weiss, etc, etc. Funny part is that after loosing all those pounds, I still have a little something to grab onto around the waist. I'm sure part of that is due to getting old and genetics.

OK, this should get me to post 3....
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2013, 11:06 AM   #59
lastMleft
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Avoid sugar, and lower your carb intake, add more fiber foods (steel cut oatmeal, raw veggies and so on).

You want to do the same amount of reps and sets with abs then any other muscle group, anymore then no growth, interval cardio is important, raising and lowering your heart rate, no more then 40 minutes 4 times a week.

Of coarse age plays a role, how old are you? If youv'e never had definition in your lower abs then.......

Last edited by lastMleft; 03-16-2013 at 11:11 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2013, 07:16 AM   #60
BRAISKI
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 335xi e92 M-Pak

Garage List
2011 BMW 335xi  [7.00]
I agree with the 80% diet and 20% workout.

The problem with most people is that they are in the gym 24/7 and they are also eating crap such as soda, sugars and deep fried foods. Of course you need to have a "cheat day" sometime but not every day. One of the biggest misconception is get rid of "FAT" make sure its the bad fat not the good fat! Your body needs good fat.

Remember to take "GOOD" carbs and fats.
Good Carbs - Quinoa, Brown Rice, Rolled/Steelcut Oats, Muesli, Barley and Kamut to name a few no white bread or pasta. Some of them are high in Fiber too!

Good Fats - EFAs (Essential Fatty Acids) - Healthy oils such as Flax and Hemp, I them daily mixed in my smoothy or real fruit juice. I also take fish oil supplements as I am not a big fish eater.

Fruits and nuts are the best for snacking, not all nuts are good.

Also make sure to minimize your sugar intake, you have to remember they are almost everywhere esp some you may not realize such as bread and ketchup.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2013, 12:28 PM   #61
skidmarq
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4

^

So your advice is to eat things you classify as "good" carbs but at the same time minimize overall sugar intake? Perhaps you can talk a little more in depth about how your body metabolizes saccharides and how it can actually differentiate one type from the other at the molecular level (since this is the basis of your recommendation)?
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2013, 06:34 PM   #62
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

I use to buy into all that crap. Eat 6 meals per day, dont eat carbs, brown rice instead of white, do lots of cardio etc. I have been fat most of my life so I have done all these ridiculous diets. Finally last year I had enough. So far since Oct of last year I've lost about 50lbs and for the past say 3 months or so I've basically maintained (wasnt following my diet as hardcore as I should) but I have started back up now.

I eat whatever I want whenever I want. As long as it's under 1600 calories. I do dumbells at home to maintain some of my muscle mass and if I feel like doing light cardio (walking around the community) I go for 20-40min. Sometimes I don't feel like it so I dont go.

The key IMO is to count your calories and consume less than you burn. Don't worry yourself with good carbs, bad carbs, low carb, low fat. Eat whatever you want, but count the calories. Of course once you do this you realize the reason why most people dont cut on mcdonalds is not because mcdonalds is bad. However it has a lot of calories and will not satisfy your appetite the same as something with a lot of protein. So I find myself eating a lot of chicken and fish not because it's "healthy" but because I get the most bang for my calories with it. Now don't get me wrong I have my pizza days or taco days or whatever and that day I simply cut my calories for the rest of my meals to meet my 1600 calorie requirement.

Now I'm not saying eat mcdonalds every day or any nonsense like that, but if you want to LOSE WEIGHT counting calories and no worrying about the other stuff is the only thing that has worked for me. If you are already thin and just want to eat healthier that's a different story.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2013, 07:39 AM   #63
skidmarq
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
...as long as it's under 1600 calories.
I'm very much hoping you are a 100 pound woman with those intake numbers...
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2013, 07:51 AM   #64
topcat87
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F30

clen or an eca stack whichever floats ur boat
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2013, 08:27 AM   #65
SAM135iAM
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11' 135i DCT

-Cellucor Super HD

-Cellucor CLK

-Clean 4 to 5 meals a day diet

-Exercise 4 to 5 times a week

-Get motivated to do it.

The first two aren't necessary at all. They will no doubt give you a jump start. Eating and exercise is the ultimate key like everyone has already said. The 80% diet and 20% exercise is right on. However, the last point I stated is something everyone struggles with, and is often forgotten to be one of the most important aspects of maintaining a healthy lifestyle that lets you feel good about you, mentally and physically. Getting involved with a forum discussion such as this, joining a Facebook group devoted to a healthy lifestyle, getting involved with a fit group at church or at the gym are all ways to help get motivated and more importantly stay motivated. Check out bodybuilding.com as well. There is a wealth of helpful information and people just like you on the site that can help you achieve your goals.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2013, 10:00 PM   #66
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidmarq View Post
I'm very much hoping you are a 100 pound woman with those intake numbers...
Really why so? My maintenance is around 2300 calories (apart from the exercise I do now and then I have a pretty much sedentary lifestyle). So at 1600 I'm at a 700 calorie deficit which is not THAT high. 500 seems to be typical however I'm going a bit more because honestly I don't always get the calorie count 100% accurate since I do usually eat out for lunch.

Anyways it works for me and I've been dropping average of 2lbs per week which is not a bad pace IMO. If i was dropping 3-4lbs per week I would also be concerned I am under eating.
Appreciate 0