F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Ready to order, good CA + invoice pricing?
proTUNING Freaks

06-17-2013, 12:30 PM   #1
ft1338
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: None

Ready to order, good CA + invoice pricing?

I'm ready to take the plunge on a 2014 model in ED but I can't find the invoice pricing online, just the MSRP. Has the invoice been released/leaked somewhere?

Also I will be visiting my 3 local dealerships but I would like to contact a couple of non-local CAs to see if I can get a better price that way. Any pointer for a great CA for ED deals?

Thanks all.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2013, 12:37 PM   #2
Davinaii
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i

The other guy show me this. Use the ED MSRP shown in the 2014 pricing guide found in the sticky, and then take 92% of the base car price, and 91% of each of your options, and this will get you very, very close to ED invoice
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2013, 02:25 PM   #3
ft1338
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davinaii View Post
The other guy show me this. Use the ED MSRP shown in the 2014 pricing guide found in the sticky, and then take 92% of the base car price, and 91% of each of your options, and this will get you very, very close to ED invoice
Yes I figured the exact same thing in the meantime, I just came up with 91 and 92 based on the 2013 order guide. Then I round it off to some "nice" number.

Jason answered this thread and then deleted his message I wonder what it was!
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2013, 02:57 PM   #4
Pauleebe
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Inbetween BMW's.

If it helps at all, the difference between my MSRP and invoice (according to bmwconfig) was 8.23%.

So you can divide your MSRP by that % + 1, add $500, and that should be AROUND 500 + invoice.

As said above, markups vary on equipment so it will depend on the equipment you added.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2013, 05:15 PM   #5
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Many

Don't expect a crazy low mark-up over invoice on an ED. It's definitely more work for the CA than a straight domestic order. I'd place far more value on a CA that knows what they're doing than on the absolute lowest possible price.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2013, 06:56 PM   #6
ft1338
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Been to the first stealership... BavarianFanatic it's local to you :-) They only had luxury xdrives and the usual options. Nothing remotely close to my config. Drove the car for the first time on some residential roads. Can't really form an opinion based on how slow we were, but 335 didn't blow my socks off in terms of acceleration even in sport mode. But with wife and the dealer dude in the back I held off. So I can't comment much on that. Leather definitely looks CHEAP. I wouldn't want to spend the $$$ on it thank you. Standard seats in general looked unsubstantial. But again I'm getting none of that so whatever. It's funny how you can't even drive a Sport, let alone an M-Sport with all the cool options. The dealer had NO idea what he was talking about. Kept saying random things that I knew were wrong from being on the forum but I didn't comment...

Anyway, after the little drive we went back to the showroom and he thought he could not order a 2014 for ED, he wasn't even sure a September ED would get me a 2014. So we were off to a great start. I was waiting for him to start talking numbers and the dude would not say a word! I was just waiting for him to open the number conversation and he would not go there. I finally said I was ready to made an offer and he came back from his manager with a counter offer that was several times higher. Like invoice + $1500 + maco/doc/training. LOL!

Definitely matches what Bavarian describes. Dude said it was a lot of work to do an ED and I was saving so much money compared to US deals that I better be happy and pay him the difference. He didn't say that last part but that's what I was thinking. So I said see ya gotta go bye and that was it.

So pretty crappy for a first approach. Any advice on how to approach this better? I go to another stealership tomorrow so we'll see.

If someone has a good referral for an ED + PCD I'm all ears...

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2013, 07:01 PM   #7
turbolag
is nonexistent with N/A
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ft1338 View Post
Been to the first stealership... BavarianFanatic it's local to you :-) They only had luxury xdrives and the usual options. Nothing remotely close to my config. Drove the car for the first time on some residential roads. Can't really form an opinion based on how slow we were, but 335 didn't blow my socks off in terms of acceleration even in sport mode. But with wife and the dealer dude in the back I held off. So I can't comment much on that. Leather definitely looks CHEAP. I wouldn't want to spend the $$$ on it thank you. Standard seats in general looked unsubstantial. But again I'm getting none of that so whatever. It's funny how you can't even drive a Sport, let alone an M-Sport with all the cool options. The dealer had NO idea what he was talking about. Kept saying random things that I knew were wrong from being on the forum but I didn't comment...

Anyway, after the little drive we went back to the showroom and he thought he could not order a 2014 for ED, he wasn't even sure a September ED would get me a 2014. So we were off to a great start. I was waiting for him to start talking numbers and the dude would not say a word! I was just waiting for him to open the number conversation and he would not go there. I finally said I was ready to made an offer and he came back from his manager with a counter offer that was several times higher. Like invoice + $1500 + maco/doc/training. LOL!

Definitely matches what Bavarian describes. Dude said it was a lot of work to do an ED and I was saving so much money compared to US deals that I better be happy and pay him the difference. He didn't say that last part but that's what I was thinking. So I said see ya gotta go bye and that was it.

So pretty crappy for a first approach. Any advice on how to approach this better? I go to another stealership tomorrow so we'll see.

If someone has a good referral for an ED + PCD I'm all ears...

Thanks!
Steve Thomas BMW, Camarillo CA. He's on these forums as Golffrr, I believe. I've only heard good things from him...
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2013, 08:44 PM   #8
ft1338
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Any other star dealer in the Northeast that can do ED and good invoice + deal?
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2013, 01:19 PM   #9
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

Let us know if we can be of any help. Feel free to shoot Checa an email anytime for a quote. We sell to all US states

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2013, 10:15 PM   #10
Jackson743
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i M-Sport/EBII/ED 12/5

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbolag View Post
Steve Thomas BMW, Camarillo CA. He's on these forums as Golffrr, I believe. I've only heard good things from him...
I ED'd my F30 with Steve Thomas and Checa. Super easy. Good price and service. I don't think it matters where you are in the US.

My European Delivery Thread http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=807429
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2013, 09:16 AM   #11
jje227
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M-Sport

David Aviles at Northwest BMW in Baltimore.
      06-23-2013, 04:35 PM   #12
ymmij
Rep
Drives: none

Garage List
Used the Costco program. Ordered a build 'cos i wanted a manual and got close to invoice (just a little above) thru them at Peter Pan BMW (Bob G. was my CA).
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2013, 11:29 AM   #13
snelldogg
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: New to the stable. G87 BG, 6MT

Northeast ED

Just placed my order for 2014 M Sport. ED on 9/18.
Morrsitown BMW
Mike Wendroff

The guy simply knows his stuff, is very easy to work with and reasonably priced.

Very pleased so far and have only heard-read good things!
Appreciate 0