F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > CANADA > BMW Connected Drive
GetBMWParts

04-29-2022, 10:06 AM   #1
Sailormannn
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i xDrive

BMW Connected Drive

What's up with BMW Connected Drive here in Canada. I tried to sign in to renew one of my services and it wouldn't accept my password. Tried to reset and no luck, the new password wouldn't work. I called in and they said they would have to create a "ticket". They said the timeframe for a reply with a fix would be 6-10 days. Anyone else having problems. Seems a tad long for something like this ...
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2022, 04:40 PM   #2
ImBlue
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 340ix MPPSK| 2015 R60 JCW

Garage List
What website link are you trying to log into? I can't even get to the login page as the portal has been down for a few months.

My subscription which expired in December 2021 was automatically extended to June 30, 2022 at no cost since the portal is down.

https://www.bmw.ca/en/topics/experie...%20Portal.html
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2022, 08:39 PM   #3
Sailormannn
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBlue View Post
What website link are you trying to log into? I can't even get to the login page as the portal has been down for a few months.

My subscription which expired in December 2021 was automatically extended to June 30, 2022 at no cost since the portal is down.

https://www.bmw.ca/en/topics/experie...%20Portal.html
https://www.bmw.ca/en/ssl/MyAccount.html

This looks like the same site you were unable to navigate to. I’m able to navigate to the sign-in page, but it doesn’t work. Tried to change my password but no luck. My Connected Drive services are expiring too. I called the 1-800 # and they said they would raise a support ticket and I should expect a reply in 6-10 days. They walked me through the password reset but i couldn’t sign in.

Last edited by Sailormannn; 05-01-2022 at 01:39 PM.. Reason: Updated
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2022, 08:17 PM   #4
ImBlue
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 340ix MPPSK| 2015 R60 JCW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailormannn View Post
https://www.bmw.ca/en/ssl/MyAccount.html

This looks like the same site you were unable to navigate to. I’m able to navigate to the sign-in page, but it doesn’t work. Tried to change my password but no luck. My Connected Drive services are expiring too. I called the 1-800 # and they said they would raise a support ticket and I should expect a reply in 6-10 days. They walked me through the password reset but i couldn’t sign in.
I tried the sign in page on your link it also does not work for my BMW ID. See below...

Hello BMW
Asks for VIN and the 'Hello BMW' does not work on my VIN since the 340i is a 2016. It says 2018 and newer only.

My BMW Account $
Logged in with BMW ID login but immediately asks to link to BMW Financial Account with the VIN. There are only three options when logged in.
  • Continue - The car is paid off so I could not link the VIN to continue.
  • Cancel - Logs out of the session.
  • Edit profile (top right) - It is sort of logged in because I can edit profile options like change BMW ID, change password and even delete my BMW ID profile.

Connected Drive
Login prompt shows it is supposed to use BMW ID credential but it does not accept my ID or password so I'd say the website is offline. As I mentioned My BMW ID works in the previous "My BMW Account $" and I also have active subscription.

Maybe try your BMW ID login using the the MyBMW app. That is what I mainly use.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2022, 02:53 PM   #5
Sailormannn
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBlue View Post
I tried the sign in page on your link it also does not work for my BMW ID. See below...

Hello BMW
Asks for VIN and the 'Hello BMW' does not work on my VIN since the 340i is a 2016. It says 2018 and newer only.

My BMW Account $
Logged in with BMW ID login but immediately asks to link to BMW Financial Account with the VIN. There are only three options when logged in.
  • Continue - The car is paid off so I could not link the VIN to continue.
  • Cancel - Logs out of the session.
  • Edit profile (top right) - It is sort of logged in because I can edit profile options like change BMW ID, change password and even delete my BMW ID profile.

Connected Drive
Login prompt shows it is supposed to use BMW ID credential but it does not accept my ID or password so I'd say the website is offline. As I mentioned My BMW ID works in the previous "My BMW Account $" and I also have active subscription.

Maybe try your BMW ID login using the the MyBMW app. That is what I mainly use.
Thanks for the detailed post. I guess I’ll wait and see if I hear from BMW.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2022, 02:35 PM   #6
Sailormannn
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

I heard back from BMW Canada. They pointed me to this web page to download the new MyBMW app which explains. Under the Connected Drive section they say that they are working on enhancing the experience, etc and all digital services subscriptions have been extended to June 30, 2022.

http://www.bmw.ca/usingconnecteddrive
Appreciate 0