F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Dynamic Handling Package = Best Option Ever.
Studio RSR

11-09-2014, 10:57 PM   #89
Vegetable
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4 MT, 2024 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowghost View Post
So if you get DHP on a regular RWD, do you get the whole Sports suspension?
No
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2014, 03:21 PM   #90
sevalley
Rep
Drives: 430i Grand Coupe

I still can't tell if I had DHP or not with my sportline package. If you have Msport/sportline in the US does this automatically include DHP? Also, if you have the sport/eco mode switching buttons and the option to select chassis/drivetrain in these modes on your idrive, is that DHP? No one seems to be able to give a straight forward answer to these questions.
      11-17-2014, 03:48 PM   #91
Aaaaaaaaa
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: The other M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevalley View Post
I still can't tell if I had DHP or not with my sportline package. If you have Msport/sportline in the US does this automatically include DHP? Also, if you have the sport/eco mode switching buttons and the option to select chassis/drivetrain in these modes on your idrive, is that DHP? No one seems to be able to give a straight forward answer to these questions.
Look at your window sticker? How can you not know what options you paid for? Anyway there should be a noticeable difference between the ride stiffness between the modes. Physically, if your can see the electronic harness and wires going to your shocks then you have it. You can still have the Eco/Sport/Sport+ Modes without having DHP if you have Sport or M-Sport lines.

Appreciate 0
      11-17-2014, 03:51 PM   #92
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevalley View Post
I still can't tell if I had DHP or not with my sportline package. If you have Msport/sportline in the US does this automatically include DHP?
No. DHP is not standard on M-Sport or Sportline models, those are optional and replace the standard "Sport Suspension" on RWD models, AWD models in M-Sport or Sportline trim has the same suspension as the non sport/M-Sport equipped models.

Quote:
Also, if you have the sport/eco mode switching buttons and the option to select chassis/drivetrain in these modes on your idrive, is that DHP? No one seems to be able to give a straight forward answer to these questions.
Not 100% sure on this but if you can adjust whether or not the chassis adjusts in various drive modes via the iDrive interface, then that would indicate you have DHP. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to make any changes to the chassis.

If you really want to see if you have it or not, why don't you just use a VIN decoder? A VIN number contains all of that information. Just go here, http://www.bmwarchive.org/vin/bmw-vin-decoder.html.

If you see the code S2VFA pop up under "Optional Equipment", then you have DHP. You can also find it on your window sticker. Not sure why you'd buy a car without knowing exactly what you were getting...

You can also tell by driving a car down a crappy road in Comfort or Eco modes, then drive down that same stretch of road in Sport or Sport+ mode....if it's noticeably more uncomfortable then you'd have DHP.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2014, 04:44 PM   #93
jonkarn
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '14 F31 M-Sport Stage 1 GS

It's amazing that there is still so much confusion over DHP.

Sportline/M-Sport= Eco Pro, comfort, Sport, Sport + toggle switch options, plus M suspension in cars without Xdrive, which lowers car by 10mm.

Xdrive cars are not lowered 10mm as they delete M suspension because from what I heard they need the extra space for the Xdrive changes and can't allow for the lowering.(not confirmed as to the reason).

DHP(does not lower suspension any lower, in Xdrive OR non Xdrive cars)

However, adding DHP does give you VSS plus electronically controlled dampers that adjust to environment, and ability to customize Chassis and Drivetrain settings from Comfort(or Regular), to Sport which will stiffen ride and tighten steering if chassis is selected, and change throttle mapping, raise RPMs and shift points if Drivetrain is selected, or both at the same time.

That's it. If you have Chassis/Drivetrain option in iDrive, you have DHP. Case closed. The wire near your shocks confirms it. Maybe there are new packages in which they are including DHP, no longer as a standalone option, so you aren't seeing it in the sticker? Or they made a mistake.

Good for you guys if it's the case.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2014, 06:42 PM   #94
ah3
Private
Rep
Drives: 435GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonkarn View Post
It's amazing that there is still so much confusion over DHP.

Sportline/M-Sport= Eco Pro, comfort, Sport, Sport + toggle switch options, plus M suspension in cars without Xdrive, which lowers car by 10mm.

Xdrive cars are not lowered 10mm as they delete M suspension because from what I heard they need the extra space for the Xdrive changes and can't allow for the lowering.(not confirmed as to the reason).

DHP(does not lower suspension any lower, in Xdrive OR non Xdrive cars)

However, adding DHP does give you VSS plus electronically controlled dampers that adjust to environment, and ability to customize Chassis and Drivetrain settings from Comfort(or Regular), to Sport which will stiffen ride and tighten steering if chassis is selected, and change throttle mapping, raise RPMs and shift points if Drivetrain is selected, or both at the same time.

That's it. If you have Chassis/Drivetrain option in iDrive, you have DHP. Case closed. The wire near your shocks confirms it. Maybe there are new packages in which they are including DHP, no longer as a standalone option, so you aren't seeing it in the sticker? Or they made a mistake.

Good for you guys if it's the case.
DHP on RWD will lower car by 10mm regardless of line. (Base/Sports/M-sport)
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2014, 12:02 PM   #95
jonkarn
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ah3 View Post
I think I will have to respectfully disagree. Are u saying a RWD Sport w/DHP is 20mm lower than Xdrive models?

Only Sport and M Sport line without xDrive get lowered with M suspension, with or without DHP.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2014, 12:05 PM   #96
snowghost
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 335i M-Sport 6MT

Quote:
I think I will have to respectfully disagree. Are u saying a RWD Sport w/DHP is 20mm lower than Xdrive models?

Only Sport and M Sport line without xDrive get lowered with M suspension, with or without DHP.
He's saying 10mm drop with DHP or Passive Sport Suspension. The xDrive gets no drop.
      11-18-2014, 12:11 PM   #97
Aaaaaaaaa
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: The other M3

Clear as mud
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2014, 03:25 PM   #98
jonkarn
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowghost View Post
He's saying 10mm drop with DHP or Passive Sport Suspension. The xDrive gets no drop.
I think that's incorrect. Non Sports models do not get the 10mm drop whether they have DHP or not. The Xdrive not getting a drop at all is universally agreed upon.

Can anyone else confirm this?
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2014, 03:56 PM   #99
FC4
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Wrong.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2014, 04:42 PM   #100
jonkarn
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC4 View Post
Wrong.
Thanks for the backup on that
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2014, 06:03 PM   #101
snowghost
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 335i M-Sport 6MT

Quote:
The Sport Suspension is 10mm lower than the standard height, but I thought when you order DHP on a line other than Sport or M-Sport, you get the same Sport suspension, i.e. same components. Note: only referring to RWD.

So it is not lowered in that case? It's probably a moot question for this forum as most of us have M-Sport and Sport already.
      11-19-2014, 12:49 AM   #102
ah3
Private
Rep
Drives: 435GC

Quote:
Go to bmwusa.com and use "Build your own" on a 3 series. Select luxury or keep it base line. Take a look at the car shown then Check/uncheck the Dynamic handling package and you'll see the car is lowered.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2014, 02:20 AM   #103
f32guy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: f32 428i

So what if you get M Sport, and DHP, which suspension do you get?
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2014, 09:04 AM   #104
Pauleebe
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Inbetween BMW's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by f32guy View Post
It depends on if it's xDrive or not.

If you get Msport and xDrive, you have the same suspension as if you didn't get Msport. The only way to get rid of xDrive sloppy suspension is to get DHP, which allows you to move between Comfort (basically standard xDrive suspension) and Sport (which you would get if you had RWD Msport).

It's really not clear, but basically if you're getting xDrive, you should get DHP if you want a better handling vehicle.

It's easy to tell if you have DHP. In settings, if you can modify your suspension settings per drive settings separately from throttle responsiveness, then you have DHP.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2014, 09:12 AM   #105
joewalton
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2015 428i Gran Coupé

Quote:
DHP is it's own suspension no matter the line or model.

Whether you have a no line, a luxury line, or an M sport line, even an XDrive, if you have the DHP you have the DHP suspension (known as the Adaptive M Suspension).
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2014, 09:16 AM   #106
joewalton
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2015 428i Gran Coupé

Quote:
I think that's incorrect. Non Sports models do not get the 10mm drop whether they have DHP or not. The Xdrive not getting a drop at all is universally agreed upon.

Can anyone else confirm this?
I have a rear wheel drive Gran Coupe M-Sport with DHP. Are you saying that when I add DHP my ride gets lowered an additional 10mm? Or are you saying that I get a 10mm drop because of the M-Sport and DHP makes no additional drop difference?
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2014, 09:48 AM   #107
jonkarn
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Go to bmwusa.com and use "Build your own" on a 3 series. Select luxury or keep it base line. Take a look at the car shown then Check/uncheck the Dynamic handling package and you'll see the car is lowered.
I see where you are saying that the car appears to lower on the picture on the Build screen when you choose DHP package in the non Sport models. However, it also appears to lower the Xdrive cars as well, which I think we already determined doesn't get any lowering no matter what line you choose.

So I don't know how accurate this picture is. When you choose DHP it does delete M sports suspension in the Sport models and give you Adaptive M suspension, and it does seem to maintain the lowered stance of the M suspension cars, so maybe it does lower the car.

Although the Xdrive lowering makes me question the accuracy of the pictures.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2014, 11:27 AM   #108
f32guy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: f32 428i

I'm all confused... So per joewalton.. if you get DHP you get adaptive m suspension? I thought if you got the M Sport Package you get adaptive M suspension included? Im wondering because there's a model that has M Sport/DHP package included... are they ideally the same suspension? ... sorry need to clarify if its worth the extra money as it seems it will be like you're paying additional 1k for DHP, but if it has been included in M Sport, why pay for something that it already has??
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2014, 11:35 AM   #109
chiefneil
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M-Sport

Quote:
I'm all confused... So per joewalton.. if you get DHP you get adaptive m suspension? I thought if you got the M Sport Package you get adaptive M suspension included? Im wondering because there's a model that has M Sport/DHP package included... are they ideally the same suspension? ... sorry need to clarify if its worth the extra money as it seems it will be like you're paying additional 1k for DHP, but if it has been included in M Sport, why pay for something that it already has??
m sport suspension is the static default suspension for sportline and m-sport models. adaptive m suspension is dynamic and is an option included with the DHP package.

DHP is a package that includes adaptive m suspension and variable sport steering.

You can only have one suspension on a car. If you get DHP, the adaptive m suspension replaces the standard static m sport sport suspension.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2014, 12:37 PM   #110
FC4
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Yes

And I thought octane threads were good...
Appreciate 0