F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Damage! It had to happen and the saga continues 11 months on. Now fixed at long last!
GetBMWParts

05-29-2014, 03:12 PM   #89
Dixiebrook
Private
Rep
Drives: 335d xdrive touring m sport

Sorry to hear about this sorry tale. Stick with it and best of luck.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2014, 03:12 PM   #90
F30AM
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport sDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicklouse View Post
That is the beauty of S5 of the act - it doesn't need a "victim" only the evidence that the offence has occurred... So your initial statement of his actions, what was said etc. is enough for them to prosecute him.

Sound advice on the 999, people are often too scared to use it (and some just abuse it...). Crime in progress, risk of injury to people or damage to property - 999 without hesitation.

Hope it all calms down on your street!! Good to have the neighbours on side though
Thank you. He is now riding on a knife edge and does not know it. If I feel the slightest bit of stress from him, I'll call 999 and the bugger will be arrested, be in the clink, have his DNA taken and have a criminal record. Will be tough getting Insurance etc.
      06-09-2014, 12:26 PM   #91
F30AM
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Just collected the car. Excellent job. Match as near as one can expect. Happy at last.

It is great to have the car back. I really missed it.

I took the very long way back home via VW and drove a Golf R with DSG. That car is mental. In track mode it just took off like a Tornado jetfighter. In comfort mode the car was ultra smooth. Can't wait to get mine. Love it.

Must admit the loner 114d manual is one of the worst cars I have ever driven. The manual gearbox is pants. Impossible to engage reverse and the interior is very low rent. Even the BMW sales guy calls them tin pots and lower rent than Vauxhalls.
      06-09-2014, 12:37 PM   #92
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Excellent, pleased it's sorted.

Btw is that not a little cruel, taking your BMW to see it's replacement?

Surprised it never just broke down
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2014, 12:47 PM   #93
F30AM
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigand View Post
Excellent, pleased it's sorted.

Btw is that not a little cruel, taking your BMW to see it's replacement?

Surprised it never just broke down
My F30 has a Premium Heart and looked a million dollars amongst the Semi-Premium VWs. I must admit the Golf R looked quite stunning in Metallic Black. Beautifully made as good or maybe even better than a BMW.

I feel a bit sad that I am moving slightly down market. But the lease deal I got on the R was too good to resist.

Here it is:
Tornado Red, Golf 7R, 5 Door, 18" Cadiz Wheels, DSG, Dynamic Chassis Control (DCC), Discover Navigation (DNS), Winter Pack, High Beam Assist, Smoker's Pack.
Personal Lease, Fully maintained, 6/23, 5000 miles, £278.79+VAT per month. Option to extend lease to 3 years.

Last edited by F30AM; 06-09-2014 at 04:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2014, 01:22 PM   #94
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30AM View Post
My F30 has a Premium Heart and looked a million dollars amongst the Semi-Premium VWs. I must admit the Golf R looked quite stunning in Metallic Black. Beautifully made as good or maybe even better than a BMW.

I feel a bit sad that I am moving slightly down market. But the lease deal I got on the R was too good to resist.

Here it is:
Tornado Red, Golf 7R, 5 Door, 18" Cadiz Wheels, DSG, Dynamic Chassis Control (DCC), Discover Navigation (DSC), Winter Pack, High Beam Assist, Smoker's Pack.
Personal Lease, Fully maintained, 6/23, 5000 miles, £278.79+VAT per month. Option to extend lease to 3 years.
Very good deal that, nice options, although it can imagine if it was a Hyundai, then the option 'Discover Navigation' would be a road map in glove compartment

For info, I may have to get wife a 235, similar price, including vat.
Pcp not lease and relatively large deposit.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2014, 01:28 PM   #95
F30AM
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Very good deal that, nice options, although it can imagine if it was a Hyundai, then the option 'Discover Navigation' would be a road map in glove compartment

For info, I may have to get wife a 235, similar price, including vat.
Pcp not lease and relatively large deposit.
Lovely looking car but only 2 doors and a Series I dash. A brilliant drive I am sure. Probably the best driving BMW apart from M3/M4.

The Golf 7R comes very heavily loaded. There's not much one can add. The full maintenance cost was a give away. Includes tyres, service every year etc. Peace of mind with it.
      06-09-2014, 01:38 PM   #96
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Lovely looking car but only 2 doors and a Series I dash. A brilliant drive I am sure. Probably the best driving BMW apart from M3/M4.

The Golf 7R comes very heavily loaded. There's not much one can add. The full maintenance cost was a give away. Includes tyres, service every year etc. Peace of mind with it.
Hopefully will have a weeks loan over summer,

It will have to be Red or individual.

All bets are off if there is slightest firm rumour of an M2.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2014, 08:38 AM   #97
F30AM
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Took the car back to BMW as the bonnet had swirl marks. They corrected this straight away. Now fine. I told the bodyshop manager that this should have been checked before they released the car to me.

The other thing I have noticed is that the bumper needs to be moved a touch more to the left. I have mentioned this to the bodyshop. It is a minor adjustment. I will take it back on Tuesday next week when the fitter is back from holiday. What really annoyed me was the they lied to me that he had already gone. But I saw him through the window. I said I was not pleased to be lied to.
      06-10-2014, 08:45 AM   #98
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Quote:
Hopefully will have a weeks loan over summer,

It will have to be Red or individual.

All bets are off if there is slightest firm rumour of an M2.
M2 is already confirmed. Many prototypes out and about already on the 2 forum. Its going to be a cracker.
      06-10-2014, 08:46 AM   #99
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Took the car back to BMW as the bonnet had swirl marks. They corrected this straight away. Now fine. I told the bodyshop manager that this should have been checked before they released the car to me.

The other thing I have noticed is that the bumper needs to be moved a touch more to the left. I have mentioned this to the bodyshop. It is a minor adjustment. I will take it back on Tuesday next week when the fitter is back from holiday. What really annoyed me was the they lied to me that he had already gone. But I saw him through the window. I said I was not pleased to be lied to.
Sounds like you'd had a mare, maybe BMW and your local dealer isn't for you?
      06-10-2014, 09:37 AM   #100
gtsussex
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: SMB M3 CP with lots of carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesterM4 View Post
M2 is already confirmed. Many prototypes out and about already on the 2 forum. Its going to be a cracker.
Yeah, the wife was quick to latch onto that one. 'So are they going to be bringing out an M2 Convertible? Could we get the kids in one?' Hmmmmmm...... #NOTreplacingmycarnowwhatsoever
San Marino Blue M3 Competition Package with Carbon tat, ACS RS suspension, uprated brakes, 'modded' exhaust and a weeny bit more power courtesy of JF Automotive; M235i Convertible with ACS Sports Suspension; Disco 5 HSE Lux
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2014, 09:40 AM   #101
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtsussex View Post
Yeah, the wife was quick to latch onto that one. 'So are they going to be bringing out an M2 Convertible? Could we get the kids in one?' Hmmmmmm...... #NOTreplacingmycarnowwhatsoever
LOL I won a £10 off my dealer betting the M2 was coming. It looks an absolute cracker I have to say. I hope it gets the full works CF roof etc, did you see the quad exhaust on the mule, the car had the M235 racing arches and it had a stance Might be the first car I actually stump up some cash for to own.

Vert will be coming for sure, the M235i vert is close to release now I think. Boot space wouldn't be great or kids space.
      06-10-2014, 10:36 AM   #102
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
LOL I won a £10 off my dealer betting the M2 was coming. It looks an absolute cracker I have to say. I hope it gets the full works CF roof etc, did you see the quad exhaust on the mule, the car had the M235 racing arches and it had a stance Might be the first car I actually stump up some cash for to own.

Vert will be coming for sure, the M235i vert is close to release now I think. Boot space wouldn't be great or kids space.
Bugger boot space etc, this is the ideal weekend and weekday car.

I will have see how much I can get off - 20% is my target.

It will I believe have a major impact on sales of 3 and possibly 4 M's

It's just the right size, very Goldilocks zone.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2014, 10:38 AM   #103
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Bugger boot space etc, this is the ideal weekend and weekday car.

I will have see how much I can get off - 20% is my target.

It will I believe have a major impact on sales of 3 and possibly 4 M's

It's just the right size, very Goldilocks zone.
Agreed. The boot space comment was for GTSussex on the convertible I think that will be quite a compromise if there's nippers in the back seats too.
      06-10-2014, 10:47 AM   #104
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Agreed. The boot space comment was for GTSussex on the convertible I think that will be quite a compromise if there's nippers in the back seats too.
Well I guess if space in boot for them, then that should suffice

Will have to start persuading the missus to exactly what she requires, lol after getting insurance down to 160 or so a year.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2014, 11:18 AM   #105
F30AM
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Oh, I forgot the crucial bit. The bonnet was covered in places with swirl marks and I was livid. They got the body shop to remove them. Took them around 10 minutes and watched them like a hawk. All fine now. I am falling out of love with my BMW Dealership slowly but surely.
      06-10-2014, 11:20 AM   #106
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Oh, I forgot the crucial bit. The bonnet was covered in places with swirl marks and I was livid. They got the body shop to remove them. Took them around 10 minutes and watched them like a hawk. All fine now. I am falling out of love with my BMW Dealership slowly but surely.
That's shocking that and poor management.

Basics, you have unhappy customer with paint / colours etc, well make sure everything is spotless!
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2014, 11:39 AM   #107
gtsussex
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: SMB M3 CP with lots of carbon

Quote:
Not too bothered about boot space as we're nearly past pram stage on youngest. 1 series conv has more room than 6 series in back and they fit. They fit with acres of space in 4 Conv but the hard top is bit overkill for us. I'll be interested to see what M235 Conv is like - good pointer towards M2.

Would love something with two seats (Porsche flavoured) but we do need to get sprogs in back otherwise it won't really get used.
San Marino Blue M3 Competition Package with Carbon tat, ACS RS suspension, uprated brakes, 'modded' exhaust and a weeny bit more power courtesy of JF Automotive; M235i Convertible with ACS Sports Suspension; Disco 5 HSE Lux
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2014, 12:02 PM   #108
General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtsussex View Post
Not too bothered about boot space as we're nearly past pram stage on youngest. 1 series conv has more room than 6 series in back and they fit. They fit with acres of space in 4 Conv but the hard top is bit overkill for us. I'll be interested to see what M235 Conv is like - good pointer towards M2.

Would love something with two seats (Porsche flavoured) but we do need to get sprogs in back otherwise it won't really get used.

So you need to wait for Project Silk Road 2.

Always a bit iffy on how joint ventures go though.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2014, 12:48 PM   #109
F30AM
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Aaaaaaaaaargh. Found a paint blemish on the top part of the bumper, along its edge. It's as if they have touched it up. It is a dark blue spot and slightly concave. Why or why can't these garages do a perfect job? Fed up now.
I'll take it back tomorrow ..... again ........
      06-11-2014, 03:44 AM   #110
F30AM
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Off to BMW now to show them where they have touched up the top bit of the bumper near the grille. Not looking forward to this. Fed up with them.