F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > rear license plate LED light fading?
proTUNING Freaks

07-18-2014, 06:25 PM   #1
aksi
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

rear license plate LED light fading?

Only 2 months old and noticed one of the LED lights for the license plate is fading. It looks little darker and yellower. Anyon had this happen before? How many days your dealer held your car for it? I have already taken my car twice for other stuff and each time it was in there for a week.

Also, just wondering how much of yellow color you see on the cutoff line for your HIDs.
I have had infiniti m45s and a custom headlight with acura tsx projector and they didnt show almost any yellow on the cutoff. Normal for ours? Just wondering!
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2014, 06:31 PM   #2
f30GTR
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 AW F30 335i M-Sport MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksi View Post
Only 2 months old and noticed one of the LED lights for the license plate is fading. It looks little darker and yellower. Anyon had this happen before? How many days your dealer held your car for it? I have already taken my car twice for other stuff and each time it was in there for a week.

Also, just wondering how much of yellow color you see on the cutoff line for your HIDs.
I have had infiniti m45s and a custom headlight with acura tsx projector and they didnt show almost any yellow on the cutoff. Normal for ours? Just wondering!
Not sure about the leds for the licence plate but on my brand new 2 week old car the cut off is yellow. I've yet to see a bmw with decent cutoff. Honda make the best projectors hands down. In my past retrofits I've only used projectors from s2000 and tsx. My bros 2012 s4 has better projectors. No yellow or rainbow at the cutoff. It doesn't bother me since I don't see the yellow until I pull up to my garage door.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2014, 08:22 PM   #3
aksi
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by f30GTR;163*****
Not sure about the leds for the licence plate but on my brand new 2 week old car the cut off is yellow. I've yet to see a bmw with decent cutoff. Honda make the best projectors hands down. In my past retrofits I've only used projectors from s2000 and tsx. My bros 2012 s4 has better projectors. No yellow or rainbow at the cutoff. It doesn't bother me since I don't see the yellow until I pull up to my garage door.
Haven't seen s2000 projectors but i know those are expensive! My tsx was colorful. Loved it.
So i guess yellow is normal. Whenever i stop at a redlight behind a car, i see the yellow and wished it was little more colorful. Thank you.
Appreciate 0