F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Where/how does MHD save/store original DME programming?
GetBMWParts

06-17-2018, 08:45 PM   #1
Just Ask
Noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i

Question Where/how does MHD save/store original DME programming?

I have Stage 1 MHD installed on my 335i. I used my Android phone to install the MHD tune. My phone is now unusable due to some type of display panel error that won't allow any user input via the screen about 75% of the time. Verizon is replacing my phone for me in the next couple of days and I am (somewhat) hopeful I will be able to catch the old phone in that 25% of the time "working" window to transfer data to the replacement phone.
Questions are twofold if old phone is 100% unusable and I am unable to transfer any data, which is essentially saying I will have lost everything on the old phone:
1) Will I be able to install the MHD app from scratch on the new phone and still have a valid license for the app and the maps I have previously purchased?
2) Will this also mean that my MPPK programming (currently on the old phone) will be lost forever? I purchased the car as a 2nd owner and the MPPK was on it when I bought it. If so, does MHD have a "default" stock tune or will I be only be able to switch from the currently installed Stage 1 map that is currently on the DME for only other MHD maps?

Lots of questions I know, but I am wondering if someone else has had this issue with their installation device (in my case, my phone) dying an untimely death?
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2018, 11:18 PM   #2
F32/435i
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F32 435i M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Ask View Post
I have Stage 1 MHD installed on my 335i. I used my Android phone to install the MHD tune. My phone is now unusable due to some type of display panel error that won't allow any user input via the screen about 75% of the time. Verizon is replacing my phone for me in the next couple of days and I am (somewhat) hopeful I will be able to catch the old phone in that 25% of the time "working" window to transfer data to the replacement phone.
Questions are twofold if old phone is 100% unusable and I am unable to transfer any data, which is essentially saying I will have lost everything on the old phone:
1) Will I be able to install the MHD app from scratch on the new phone and still have a valid license for the app and the maps I have previously purchased?
2) Will this also mean that my MPPK programming (currently on the old phone) will be lost forever? I purchased the car as a 2nd owner and the MPPK was on it when I bought it. If so, does MHD have a "default" stock tune or will I be only be able to switch from the currently installed Stage 1 map that is currently on the DME for only other MHD maps?

Lots of questions I know, but I am wondering if someone else has had this issue with their installation device (in my case, my phone) dying an untimely death?
Its all stored through google play. It doesnt matter what device you use
Appreciate 1
      06-18-2018, 05:44 AM   #3
Just Ask
Noob
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F32/435i View Post
Its all stored through google play. It doesnt matter what device you use
"All" meaning the app AND the data? If so, that is great news for me!
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2018, 07:50 AM   #4
Dfahmy
Second Lieutenant
Egypt
Rep
Drives: F30 335i PWG

Garage List
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Ask View Post

Your old DME map is generated according to your cars specs from MHD's servers so that won't be lost, and your license is stored/linked to your google play account
      06-18-2018, 05:09 PM   #5
Just Ask
Noob
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfahmy View Post
Your old DME map is generated according to your cars specs from MHD's servers so that won't be lost, and your license is stored/linked to your google play account
Thank you...that's what I needed to know!
Appreciate 0