F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Incentives at Time of Delivery
ARMA SPEED

10-07-2015, 08:41 AM   #1
bimmercar
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 340xi

Incentives at Time of Delivery

I ordered a car in July for a 340i, on my contract, I had the selling price, the residual, the money factor and the monthly payment amount, plus the info on my $1,000 UDE coupon.

Now that my car is arriving soon this week in October, I asked my dealer if I can take the $750 cash incentives for the month of October.

He said he will check but maybe not since he said it was a sold priority one. He said BMW used to be okay with taking incentives but now they are more strict since the car was already sold, so why make more incentives available at time of delivery?

Does anyone know what is the current rules regarding taking additional cash incentives at time of delivery?

Also, I assume that a price for lease is only locked for 60-days, and my shipped car has taken longer than 60-days, so would I qualify for new Oct incentives?

Last edited by bimmercar; 10-07-2015 at 08:51 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2015, 09:08 AM   #2
JCNYC
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F30 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmercar View Post
I ordered a car in July for a 340i, on my contract, I had the selling price, the residual, the money factor and the monthly payment amount, plus the info on my $1,000 UDE coupon.

Now that my car is arriving soon this week in October, I asked my dealer if I can take the $750 cash incentives for the month of October.

He said he will check but maybe not since he said it was a sold priority one. He said BMW used to be okay with taking incentives but now they are more strict since the car was already sold, so why make more incentives available at time of delivery?

Does anyone know what is the current rules regarding taking additional cash incentives at time of delivery?

Also, I assume that a price for lease is only locked for 60-days, and my shipped car has taken longer than 60-days, so would I qualify for new Oct incentives?
Your $1000 UDE might of expired because I think that's only good for 60 days from event date. The BS that you can't use the $750 because your car was a P1 is totally false. My car was ordered P1 back in Aug and I should be taking delivery either this Saturday or next Monday and I'am using both my USA DE incentive and the $750 October option credit.

Appreciate 1
      10-07-2015, 09:10 AM   #3
bimmercar
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCNYC View Post
Your $1000 UDE might of expired because I think that's only good for 60 days from event date. The BS that you can't use the $750 because your car was a P1 is totally false. My car was ordered P1 back in Aug and I should be taking delivery either this Saturday or next Monday and I'am using both my USA DE incentive and the $750 October option credit.
My UDE $1,000 credit, which I got in June, says that it is vaild for 6 months.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2015, 09:30 AM   #4
JCNYC
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F30 340i xDrive

Quote:
Oh Ok, I thought they were only good for 60 days. I guess the USA DE only had the 60 day stipulation

Appreciate 0
      10-07-2015, 02:04 PM   #5
bimmercar
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCNYC
Quote:
Oh Ok, I thought they were only good for 60 days. I guess the USA DE only had the 60 day stipulation
Yeah Drive for Team USA $1,000 is usually good for 60-days. For UDE, it might depend one the particular one you went to. The one in June 2015 at Washington DC says its good for 6 months. Some people said their 2015 UDE coupon is only good for 60-days.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2015, 07:35 PM   #6
Rick Hunter
Skull Squadron Leader
Rep
Drives: '07 M Coupé & '16 435xi GCoupé

To the OP...

UDE $1000 is through BMWUSA and good for 6 months, and you must take possession prior to expiration.
Oct lease/finance incentive(s) is through BMWFS ($750 for your model), and CAN be stacked with UDE credit.
Neither of the above incentives should be part of your negotiation, but instead must be treated as bonus MSRP reductions after you've come to an agreement.

I was in the exact predicament this week when I took possession of my 4er. Dealership tried two tactics to try to confuse me on the 2 incentives: 1) they said the finance incentive was built into the UDE credit (BS!), and 2)they then said I couldn't stack them. I told them to re-read the fineprint and then they agreed to my terms.

In case they tell you that you're locked into the July's numbers, tell them to shove it and re-run your credit to reflect today's rate. Then have them bring you coffee from the lounge while you sign the deal with the stacked incentives.
      10-08-2015, 07:42 PM   #7
bimmercar
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hunter
To the OP...

UDE $1000 is through BMWUSA and good for 6 months, and you must take possession prior to expiration.
Oct lease/finance incentive(s) is through BMWFS ($750 for your model), and CAN be stacked with UDE credit.
Neither of the above incentives should be part of your negotiation, but instead must be treated as bonus MSRP reductions after you've come to an agreement.

I was in the exact predicament this week when I took possession of my 4er. Dealership tried two tactics to try to confuse me on the 2 incentives: 1) they said the finance incentive was built into the UDE credit (BS!), and 2)they then said I couldn't stack them. I told them to re-read the fineprint and then they agreed to my terms.

In case they tell you that you're locked into the July's numbers, tell them to shove it and re-run your credit to reflect today's rate. Then have them bring you coffee from the lounge while you sign the deal with the stacked incentives.
thanks for the info. i will definitely follow up with them regarding this. i wont sign anything till they give me the discount.

the dealer yesterday said he will check for me and call me back.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2015, 11:53 PM   #8
cardsdoc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive Msport

I have a related question. I ordered a 340 Sept 30th as it was the last day to take advantage of pull ahead program and the $759 option credit was not part of the deal. Looks like the option credit became available Oct 1 but fine print says good only until Nov 2nd. My car won't be in until mid Nov. Can I lock in the 750 option credit? I'm imagining it will be replaced by holiday cash in Nov but would obviously like to stack them if possible. My dealer says I qualify for the option credit but to be honest not sure what will really happen come delivery and it's past Nov 2nd.
      10-09-2015, 09:07 AM   #9
Buzzo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MT 244'80 V70R'07 Golf R'19

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsdoc View Post
I have a related question. I ordered a 340 Sept 30th as it was the last day to take advantage of pull ahead program and the $759 option credit was not part of the deal. Looks like the option credit became available Oct 1 but fine print says good only until Nov 2nd. My car won't be in until mid Nov. Can I lock in the 750 option credit? I'm imagining it will be replaced by holiday cash in Nov but would obviously like to stack them if possible. My dealer says I qualify for the option credit but to be honest not sure what will really happen come delivery and it's past Nov 2nd.
Same here. October incentives are locked in for 60 days (east coast; 90 days west coast). If I can't stack October incentives with November or December, I can pick the one most beneficial. You will be able to at least use the 750 option credit.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2015, 06:52 PM   #10
smithf80
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 6MT

Garage List
2022 G20 330i  [9.00]
2018 F80 M3  [9.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hunter View Post
To the OP...

Like a boss.
      10-16-2015, 09:37 PM   #11
Rick Hunter
Skull Squadron Leader
Rep
Drives: '07 M Coupé & '16 435xi GCoupé

Haha not yet...!

Still waiting on a $500 CCA rebate and THEN I can retire with "Boss" in my title.
      10-20-2015, 10:59 PM   #12
bimmercar
Captain
United_States
Rep

my dealer is making excuses for not lowering the price. my SA says to come in person and discuss with manager on my delivery day....
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2015, 08:00 PM   #13
tunes
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 X540e

how do I ensure the $750 option credit for October is applied to my car I ordered Oct 6? Emailed my CA and he said "yeah that should apply" but never heard back. I was going to hold out for better Dec incentives but looks like I'll most likely be taking delivery the last week in November.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2015, 06:33 AM   #14
gongtowjai
I'll Kung Fu Panda your ass
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 F30 XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunes View Post
how do I ensure the $750 option credit for October is applied to my car I ordered Oct 6? Emailed my CA and he said "yeah that should apply" but never heard back. I was going to hold out for better Dec incentives but looks like I'll most likely be taking delivery the last week in November.
In order for the option credit to apply, financing must go thru BMWFS and take physical delivery of the car before 11/2. I had 1800 (Team USA 1k & 750 option credit) taken off the negotiated price before I signed off.
      10-29-2015, 06:36 AM   #15
gongtowjai
United_States
Rep

Quote:
my dealer is making excuses for not lowering the price. my SA says to come in person and discuss with manager on my delivery day....
Did you finance/lease thru BMWFS? If so, they are bs you. Did you get the survey yet? If so, hold them hostage and get this credit before releasing any surveys. Let see how fast they respond back..surveys are god to them...
      10-29-2015, 06:50 AM   #16
bimmercar
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gongtowjai
Quote:
Did you finance/lease thru BMWFS? If so, they are bs you. Did you get the survey yet? If so, hold them hostage and get this credit before releasing any surveys. Let see how fast they respond back..surveys are god to them...
well, i talked with manager and we ended up taking off $250 off negotiated price. could've had the $750 off. overall my selling price was $54,500 of $59,595. with $1,000 UDE. i should get survey soon. i'm leasing thru BMWFS. they gave some excuse about they not making any money on the deal, and bmw doesn't pay them for PDI or Encore delivery. getting $250 off was a lot of work before they relented.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2015, 08:39 AM   #17
tunes
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2017 X540e

Quote:
Originally Posted by gongtowjai View Post
In order for the option credit to apply, financing must go thru BMWFS and take physical delivery of the car before 11/2. I had 1800 (Team USA 1k & 750 option credit) taken off the negotiated price before I signed off.
I was under the impression that if you applied for financing during the window on an ordered car, that credit was locked in as lomg as delivery occurred within 60 days.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2015, 09:13 AM   #18
cmplaya
Captain
Rep
Drives: B58

Quote:
well, i talked with manager and we ended up taking off $250 off negotiated price. could've had the $750 off. overall my selling price was $54,500 of $59,595. with $1,000 UDE. i should get survey soon. i'm leasing thru BMWFS. they gave some excuse about they not making any money on the deal, and bmw doesn't pay them for PDI or Encore delivery. getting $250 off was a lot of work before they relented.
similar with me, financing through BMWFS, getting a lot of pushback on the 750. even called BMWNA corporate and they said dealer has no incentive to offer it to me since it will come completely out of the dealer's cut. Still working on harassing them though for a few more days.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2015, 09:42 AM   #19
bimmercar
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmplaya
Quote:
similar with me, financing through BMWFS, getting a lot of pushback on the 750. even called BMWNA corporate and they said dealer has no incentive to offer it to me since it will come completely out of the dealer's cut. Still working on harassing them though for a few more days.
they wouldn't even budge at all on the price making up all sorts of "excuses" each one i had to knock down since i was very knowledgeable about the entire buying process and invoice pricing etc etc.... the only thing that made a difference was that i printed out a copy of the true car certificate for the exact build of the car with the discount price and saying that i could get better price than that since i had $1,000 coupon extra, even then its was only $250 off original negotiated price. but its better not to stress out/ argue over a few hundred bucks when i have a reasonably good deal, not worth stressing out...
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2015, 11:20 AM   #20
justinnum1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i Msport 6mt

Quote:
Sounds like you are bending over and taking it up the ***. They are doing you dirty and you are just going to take it?
      10-29-2015, 11:58 AM   #21
gongtowjai
United_States
Rep

Quote:
they wouldn't even budge at all on the price making up all sorts of "excuses" each one i had to knock down since i was very knowledgeable about the entire buying process and invoice pricing etc etc.... the only thing that made a difference was that i printed out a copy of the true car certificate for the exact build of the car with the discount price and saying that i could get better price than that since i had $1,000 coupon extra, even then its was only $250 off original negotiated price. but its better not to stress out/ argue over a few hundred bucks when i have a reasonably good deal, not worth stressing out...
Its posted on the website...black & white. You are not making it up. Not stressing out, its an incentive due to you for lease/financing from BMWFS arm.
Do you really think dealer got it at invoice? hell no...there is probably dealer incentive we don't know about...
http://www.bmwusa.com/standard/conte...regiontypeid=3
      10-29-2015, 12:05 PM   #22
bimmercar
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gongtowjai View Post
Its posted on the website...black & white. You are not making it up. Not stressing out, its an incentive due to you for lease/financing from BMWFS arm.
Do you really think dealer got it at invoice? hell no...there is probably dealer incentive we don't know about...
http://www.bmwusa.com/standard/conte...regiontypeid=3
True, I already signed and took delivery. I might have left money on the table, but I am not stressing anymore on the car, I already had two previous canceled cars through the dealer, the SA left the dealership during the wait on the car, too much logistics if I waited and played games with dealer, in the overall picture, I need to get the car and move on. I have been in a rental car for months waiting on the car...
Appreciate 0