F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > F30 xDrive lowered alignment help.
ARMA SPEED

05-24-2023, 02:22 PM   #1
M.nyha21
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 340i xDrive

F30 xDrive lowered alignment help.

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Bringing my car into getting aligned at a local shop that says they can do it. It's lowered on BC BR coilovers and have spl adjustable links in rear. Have 19in m405 rims staggered with 30mm spacers. The alignment shop computer was showing specs for f30 AWD lowered suspension with 18in wheels and f30 rwd lowered suspension 19in wheels for the closest ones. What one if any would be good to use and is there custom specs that would be better for drivability? Mostly aggressive street driving.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-24-2023, 03:27 PM   #2
SuperLomi
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i M-Sport

Just have them set it up to OEM specs for FR Toe and Rear toe/camber. The difference in specs for rwd vs awd is negligible - basically slightly less rr camber (by like 0.1 degree). Toe spec is the same.

Front caster/camber can’t be adjusted so it basically is what it is. Should be with-in 0.5 degrees side to side.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2023, 04:05 PM   #3
M.nyha21
Registered
Rep

The front coilovers have camber adjustments. Was wondering what setup people have run on their car for street use. If just keep it stock alignment or if there was a custom setup that works better for more aggressive driving. Good to know about the AWD and rwd specs I can tell the shop that. I've had it aligned before at an aftermarket shop before but getting some bad tire wear in the rear. Looks to be toed in to much and I just lowered it more so wanna get the alignment checked again.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2023, 05:09 PM   #4
SuperLomi
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i M-Sport

For street driving the oe specs are fine IMO. And basically be the best for stability and tire wear.

You can adjust front toe to be more neutral, or even toe-out for a change in turn-in response in exchange for stability at speed and the car wanting to follow road features a bit more.

You can dial in more camber, especially in the front, for better grip in cornering, and reduced understeer at the expense of tire wear.

It all depends on what you want, and what you want to sacrifice.

My setup for autocross is
Fr camber -3 degrees
Rr camber -2 degrees

Fr toe out 0.4 degrees total
Rear toe in 0.1 degree total

A more street friendly setup might be

Fr camber -1 or 1.5 degree
Rr camber -1.5 (oe) or 2 degree

Fr toe in 0.1 total
Rr toe in in 0.2 total

The more aggressive you go the faster tires will wear. Rotate tires fairly often of you can. Generally for track set ups you target about 1 degree more negative camber in the fr vs the rear.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2023, 06:35 PM   #5
M.nyha21
Registered
Rep

Ok thank you. This is super helpful.
Appreciate 0