F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Pro Nav (CBC) ...is yours like this?
Studio RSR

02-03-2013, 01:43 PM   #1
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Pro Nav (CBC) ...is yours like this?

Need some help on this, my Sat nav doesn't seem to be behaving like some others. Local BMW dealer is not really sure about what should and shouldn't be working. Car is going in for attention and want to be sure I am addressing the right issues.

Are yours like this

Note the greyed out 'data transfer' icon, I never get this icon enabled

Greyed out online software update option (BMW teleservices), again never works

Bluetooth phone options (even after data transfer for BT selected both on phone and CBC)

Bluetooth function screen, all the options there?

Cheers for the help
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2013, 02:30 PM   #2
rjberry
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 340i Ruby Red II

When I first picked up my car, I also had a problem with connectivity on my Pro Nav. I can't remember exactly what it would or wouldn't do but it was very similar to what your seeing.

I don't think it would show the RTTI colours or offer diversions when the roads were closed. Also, it wouldn't connect to the BMW Assist thing.

Took it to the dealer and they looked at it for a day with no joy. Eventually, I phoned BMW customer services. They told me to take photos of the screen which they would send onto Germany for them to look into. I don't know what they did but a few weeks later everything started working. Had a call from the person I spoke to a few days later to say Germany had reset something at their end.

Been fine ever since.
      02-03-2013, 02:35 PM   #3
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjberry View Post
When I first picked up my car, I also had a problem with connectivity on my Pro Nav. I can't remember exactly what it would or wouldn't do but it was very similar to what your seeing.

I don't think it would show the RTTI colours or offer diversions when the roads were closed. Also, it wouldn't connect to the BMW Assist thing.

Took it to the dealer and they looked at it for a day with no joy. Eventually, I phoned BMW customer services. They told me to take photos of the screen which they would send onto Germany for them to look into. I don't know what they did but a few weeks later everything started working. Had a call from the person I spoke to a few days later to say Germany had reset something at their end.

Been fine ever since.
Thanks for the answer matey.

I'm thinking mine can only be suffering from the same issue. Wonder if the technician will resolve this. I take it your 'data connection' icon are lit up?
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2013, 02:50 PM   #4
rjberry
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 340i Ruby Red II

From what I remember mine was the same as yours. The data connection was always greyed out. Originally I just thought it was because my old phone wasn't compatible, then I got the new iPhone which should have been compatible but still nothing changed.

When the sales guy I dealt with had a look and tried to pair his phone still nothing happened. He said he would try to look into it without success so I went to customer services.

Since the fix via Germany the data connection is now lit and working a charm
      02-03-2013, 03:54 PM   #5
Nexstar2011
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i Dravit/Mocca

My "BMW Teleservices" update is also greyed out, which is annoying as there is an update for the NAV available which I want to use this for.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2013, 04:47 PM   #6
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexstar2011 View Post
My "BMW Teleservices" update is also greyed out, which is annoying as there is an update for the NAV available which I want to use this for.
Is your 'data transfer' icon also greyed out?
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2013, 05:46 PM   #7
Floriank
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330D M Sport Tanzanite

I thought you can't have both the BMW Assist function registered and active as well as a second data connection via your paired mobile phone?

When I picked up my car and paired my Nexus 4 the data connection icon was 'lit' and my phone provided fast HSPA data from EE for the car. Once I had registered on the BMW website for the Assist service and that went live, the data transfer icon for my phone greyed out and data is now MUCH slower via the inferior TMobile network the car apparently uses.

Do any of you have BOTH data services running at the same time? Both the 'data transfer ' icon lit up AND data connected via BMW Assist?
      02-04-2013, 03:08 PM   #8
RichardM
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i LCI

Mine seems to be the same, except I don't even see the data transfer greyed out.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 03:47 PM   #9
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks Richard, seems this is normal then?

The data transfer icon sometimes disappears and looks like yours. Think that is when you de-select data transfer enable (BT setup menu)

Not sure what is right, older nav seems to allow remote software updates.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 04:59 PM   #10
Nexstar2011
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
Is your 'data transfer' icon also greyed out?
Sorry for the delayed reply. My data icon also appears greyed out - or not at all. The option for data transfer in the BT settings also appears to appear/disappear of it's own free will!

Tried upgrading via USB (when I enter my VIN the update shows as available on the Software Update webpage). However, car tells me that the software is incompatible!!

Release notes state the software is available for Nov 2012 onwards cars - mine was delivered in October but the Nav is surely the same. Looks like a call to the dealer required tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2013, 05:28 PM   #11
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Sorry for the delayed reply. My data icon also appears greyed out - or not at all. The option for data transfer in the BT settings also appears to appear/disappear of it's own free will!

Tried upgrading via USB (when I enter my VIN the update shows as available on the Software Update webpage). However, car tells me that the software is incompatible!!

Release notes state the software is available for Nov 2012 onwards cars - mine was delivered in October but the Nav is surely the same. Looks like a call to the dealer required tomorrow.
So yes it seems consistent with mine.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 04:36 AM   #12
Redbaron1973
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 and G02 X4

Mine is greyed out also and insists on using bloody T-mobile..

__________________________________________________ ________________

G02 X4 MSport X - Carbon Black w Black / Comfort Pack / Tech Pack / Privacy
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 09:47 AM   #13
Nexstar2011
Private First Class
Rep

Car is now booked in at the dealers for them to figure out why BMW TeleServices is greyed out, and why I can't upgrade the Nav even though the Software Update page says I should be able to. Despite my belief that (at least the former) it would be rectified by some E-team in BMW corporate they insist on needing the car for a minimum of 4 hours to "Upgrade the car". They must be entering the code line-by-line.....

I wouldn't mind if they didn't make me pay £15+VAT for a loan car (insurance cost).
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 10:11 AM   #14
rich1068
has left the building
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport

Quote:
I wouldn't mind if they didn't make me pay £15+VAT for a loan car (insurance cost).
Criminal. Take your business elsewhere. There is no way on earth a dealer would see a penny off me while they're trying to fix a fault on a £40k car.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 10:37 AM   #15
Nexstar2011
Private First Class
Rep

Indeed - though I have had a good relationship with their service dept. to date, have never been charged for this and have never spoken to this chap before.

Will give them a chance at redemption when I go in there.... Have endured a few dealers in the area and they have been (to date) the best. Will post an update once I've been in to see them.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 02:57 PM   #16
RichardM
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i LCI

I didn't haven't any problems upgrading my software using the USB socket. I think the update was for the phone rather than Nav.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 05:48 PM   #17
Nexstar2011
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
I didn't haven't any problems upgrading my software using the USB socket. I think the update was for the phone rather than Nav.
Yes...I use Nav/NBT interchangeably :-) Wanted the update for improved iPhone5/IOS6 compatibility.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2013, 04:00 AM   #18
Nexstar2011
Private First Class
Rep

Angry

Quote:
Indeed - though I have had a good relationship with their service dept. to date, have never been charged for this and have never spoken to this chap before.

Will give them a chance at redemption when I go in there.... Have endured a few dealers in the area and they have been (to date) the best. Will post an update once I've been in to see them.
Well, that was a total waste of time and effort! Arrived with the car this morning to be told that their software update machine is broken, has been for nearly two weeks (I only booked the car in 3 days ago) - and they don't know when it will be fixed.

Apparently, as they now use an outsourced contact centre to take bookings that they were "unable" to demonstrate common sense by letting me know not to bother coming in.

They then demonstrated a total lack of knowledge about their product/brand by stating that customers can't update the software themselves - either via USB or TeleServices and agreed I might be better off by ringing BMW directly.

I did that, and they confirmed the online services for the car appear to be set up correctly....so go speak to a dealer. Great....
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 10:06 AM   #19
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Exclamation

Quote:
Nope Mine has the latest according to BMW today.
      02-15-2013, 11:49 AM   #20
Nexstar2011
Private First Class
Rep

Went in to a different dealer today, and let them try the update. They also couldn't get it to update, and were then confused when their diagnostic of the key fob was missing some key "Integration Level" data that is there for all other cars. Lead Tech will escalate as he has no clue what it's doing. For reference, my car is running 001.020.022. The update brings it to 1.23.4.

Quick google highlights 5 series and 7 series owners with the same current version (001.020.022) are unable to upgrade as well - with the same error message.

Thanks
Appreciate 0