F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Annoying
proTUNING Freaks

11-03-2012, 10:16 AM   #1
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

Annoying

My car always has ac or heat on (1 click) when returning to car in the morning. Temp stays the same but its always even if i turn it off.

Also lately when i plug in my iphone5 it reads that its connected but plays from the phones speakers and i have go to bluetooth audio then on the phone click on the icon in iTunes and select bmw bluetooth then switch it back to external audio. This is random. Maybe it has to do with me using my phone while going to bed.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2012, 05:45 AM   #2
cchukan
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i Luxury

The AC/HEAT/AIR turning on when you start the car is normal, yet annoying. BMW dealership did confirm it's suppose to do that...Some condensation thingy.

I don't have an iPhone5 but my iPhone4s seems to work fine..Not sure...
      11-06-2012, 09:43 AM   #3
unaj41
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i F30

Yes, unfortunately that seems to be the case ... I ranted about it before:

Quote:
... observed it for few more days and come to a conclusion that it must be a default setting:

Every time one turns the car on the ventilation will turn on - either at the lowest level (provided it was completely off last time the car was driven) or it will come back to the last setting (if the ventilation was anything but off last time) ...

I must say that this 'default on' after I turn it off the last time is nothing but idiotic ... Two reasons:

1. Why don't I have a choice to have the ventilation set to whatever I want, whenever I want it ... makes absolute no sense ... there is no logical reason, no safety reason, ...
2. In winter it makes even less sense - I obviously don't want the cold air coming in before the engine gets warm - so again I have to turn it off manually when I start the car on ...

If I wouldn't own 2007 E92 335i before (where ventilation was doing exactly what I told it to do), maybe I would feel differently about it. But because of my previous experience with BMW I just don't get this - you might say it is a 'little detail', but that is exactly why it is pissing me off. These 'little details' should be taken care of - such a fine piece of machinery as F30 undoubtedly is shouldn't be littered with such stupid flaws (and I can list few more illogical ones). It creates very 'unpolished' impression of the car and that is unfortunate.
And the "condensation thingy" is to me big BS - I owed 2007 E92 335i and had NO condensation issues there and the AC/Clima stays off when I turned it off ...

BTW I wonder if it is something that could be 'coded away' .... ?
Appreciate 0