F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Ordered 435i GC for ED
Extreme Powerhouse

08-07-2014, 11:42 PM   #1
J2brian703
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i GC M Sport

I just ordered 435i GC M Sport this Monday for European Delivery on October.
I received the production number yesterday and saw my order status code 105, which is "Order out of Prod. Period".

Does anyone know what this mean?
Do you think my car will enter production and be ready by 1st week of October?
Should I be worried that I ordered for ED at the last minute?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-08-2014, 01:26 PM   #2
hawkerdriver
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

It is pretty tight, especially for an October delivery.
October Fest going on and all.

Your CA should be able to give you a confirmed date within 3-5 days of sending the order in.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2014, 03:36 PM   #3
J2brian703
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkerdriver

Your CA should be able to give you a confirmed date within 3-5 days of sending the order in.
How does October fest impact European delivery date?
How do you relate those two?
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2014, 01:37 AM   #4
hawkerdriver
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by J2brian703
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkerdriver

How does October fest impact European delivery date?
How do you relate those two?
October fest is hugely popular to pick up a BMW at the welt.

This period gets booked fairly quickly, but hopefully your CA has put in the paperwork to make it happen.

It's a lot if fun to be in Munic that time of the year!
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2014, 02:10 PM   #5
J2brian703
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Just called ED 800 number (not order status 1117 number) and the representative confirmed my ED delivery date is October 8th. I originally requested 10th, 13th, and 14th but she said it can't be done due to holiday. I don't know whether she was talking about U.S. Columbus Day.

Anyway, i just sent an email to my CA to change the ED date since I can't make it to Welt on 8th. I will be arriving at Frankfurt on 8th and it takes about 4 hours to Welt and it will be closed by the time I arrive there.

Hopefully rescheduling ED date is not an issue.
Does anybody have experience with rescheduling ED date?
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2014, 04:15 PM   #6
JB991
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 15 Tacoma, 15 Accord, 16 GT3

You're gonna miss Oktoberfest anyways, so shouldn't be a big deal to get a new date. Oktoberfest runs from Sep 20 to Oct 5 this year. Not sure what is going on the following "holiday" week.
Just touch bases with your SA and he should easily be able to make the call to change your date. VA to Germany should be an early flight, getting you in FRA earlier than 10 I'd assume. You should be able to make the Welt that day by closing time.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2014, 05:21 PM   #7
J2brian703
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmf75 View Post
You're gonna miss Oktoberfest anyways, so shouldn't be a big deal to get a new date. Oktoberfest runs from Sep 20 to Oct 5 this year. Not sure what is going on the following "holiday" week.
Just touch bases with your SA and he should easily be able to make the call to change your date. VA to Germany should be an early flight, getting you in FRA earlier than 10 I'd assume. You should be able to make the Welt that day by closing time.
Yeah, I will be arrive in the morning but don't they usually give you specific time to come to Welt? I've seen people in Welt by 8am which is impossible for me.

My CA told me he sent the date change request to BMW so we'll see how that works out.

How long does it take for them to change the date anyway?
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2014, 10:15 PM   #8
JB991
First Lieutenant
Rep

I would think a call would change it right away. Are you sure about the specific time bit? I had an appointment to meet with someone. Think it was an 8:20 arrival with a 10:30 delivery. In the end, I didn't need all the extra help they were offering and they bumped me up an hour on the spot.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2014, 03:12 PM   #9
J2brian703
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmf75
I would think a call would change it right away. Are you sure about the specific time bit? I had an appointment to meet with someone. Think it was an 8:20 arrival with a 10:30 delivery. In the end, I didn't need all the extra help they were offering and they bumped me up an hour on the spot.
I called the 800 number and she said my ED date is confirmed 10/18~
When will I get the ED packet? What does ED packet contain?
Any tips before I go there?
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2014, 04:15 PM   #10
JB991
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by J2brian703 View Post
I called the 800 number and she said my ED date is confirmed 10/18~
When will I get the ED packet? What does ED packet contain?
Any tips before I go there?
Should be within a week to get the packet. It has info for local hotels and Lufthansa "deal", along with ideas for things to do on your trip. It'll contain things to and not to do with the car, basically a bunch of general info.

My tip would be to search this site with a simple "ED" in the search engine, and google "BMW European Delivery" A lot of good ideas to maybe base your trip off of. You can pick and choose places to visit based off things you see.
Germany is an amazing country, surrounded by other great countries, all of which are easy to navigate and communicate in (seems like everyone speaks English). Not sure if you've been to Europe before, so not sure what direction to point you in. Time frame, budget, interests all play part. In the end, it's an experience you'll never forget. I go twice a year, and my ED was just as exciting and entertaining as any other trip I've been on.

I think if there's one thing I'd recommend, it would be to make plans and maybe stick to them. We went one year and decided we would just search for hotels on the fly, in case we decided to stop in different locations at different times.
We ended up driving into Triberg at 10 PM, no reservations, and after a long exhausted search (thank goodness for a bartender with a phone), found a dump to sleep in. Granted we had a bed and a shower, but it was not an enjoyable stay at all. The next morning we went straight to an internet cafe and booked hotels for the rest of the trip Guess that is the one thing not like home, being able to drive up to a Holiday Inn and just ask for a room, at least not in rural areas.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2014, 04:24 PM   #11
J2brian703
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Thanks.

Yeah, I've been to Europe few times and I'm planning to visit my friend who is in Wiesbaden which is about 30 mins from Frankfurt.
We wanted to pick the car up right after I arrive there on the 8th and travel but because I'm doing the ED on 18th now, we're just going to the opposite direction and pick up the car on the way back home.

So it will be like Wiesbaden -> Strasbourg -> Triberg Waterfalls -> Zurich (SWI) -> Lucerne (SWI) -> Munich -> Wiesbaden.

Too bad that I can't drive my car in Switzerland which I always wanted...

Looks like I have some researches to do.
Thanks.
Appreciate 0