F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Highway Terror: Do I have a buyback case?
Extreme Powerhouse

12-23-2015, 11:39 PM   #67
paliknight
fuck this field
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 F80 CS/18 F80 ZCP/19 M2C

Interesting how good can come from horrible situations.
Appreciate 1
      12-24-2015, 05:29 AM   #68
shadowyman
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AY F82 MPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by paliknight View Post
Absolutely agree. I'm a diehard BMW fan though. No wonder I still go with my itch to purchase another BMW.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2015, 06:49 AM   #69
m_alnimah
Lieutenant
Qatar
Rep
Drives: 2016 Mini Cooper S 5 Door

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowyman
Quote:
Originally Posted by paliknight View Post
Absolutely agree. I'm a diehard BMW fan though. No wonder I still go with my itch to purchase another BMW.
That's why I always say "Once you drive a Bimmer, you can't even look at any other brand, and if you do you're still gonna go back to a Bimmer. It's like Drugs!" Congrats Bro. I hope the New Owner of your Car wouldn't suffer like you did and I hope you have Thousands of Happy Miles in your M4. Any specs, production date, etc available? Keep us posted!
Appreciate 1
      12-24-2015, 07:15 AM   #70
CIWS
Moon Parasite
United_States
Rep
Drives: F98 X4M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowyman View Post
Folks, update here. BMW NA executive assistant called me today and was very apolegetic. He mentioned he was instructed by BMW NA VP personally to take care of this case. They accepted my buyback request. He also said if I want to keep the car he could offer me cash pay that would "make me happy". However I wanted to return the car and get a new M4 Austin Yellow. They will also give me a good deal on a new M4. Also he will send top quality BMW engineers to ensure the repairs are being done on my current car as should be. He offered me a temp car or keep my car and drive however I like until my new order car comes here. I'm very satisfied at this stage. It was a terrifying experience but I think we pay premium prices for mind assurances like this. The case was handled extremely professionally and it took only a week working with BMW NA to get this resolution. They were very fast.
Great to hear, helps show some faith in the brand. Hope you find a worthy M4 to forget this lemon.

2020 X4M Comp. (currently stock) - Was 2015 335 MSport -MPPK -Borla ATAK -Dinan Sport+ - E.R. Charge pipe / 2013 X1 35i Sport - Dinan tune / 2009 X6 50i Dinan badged
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2015, 02:02 PM   #71
shadowyman
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AY F82 MPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_alnimah View Post
That's why I always say "Once you drive a Bimmer, you can't even look at any other brand, and if you do you're still gonna go back to a Bimmer. It's like Drugs!" Congrats Bro. I hope the New Owner of your Car wouldn't suffer like you did and I hope you have Thousands of Happy Miles in your M4. Any specs, production date, etc available? Keep us posted!
Thanks bro. I'm thinking of Austin Yellow, Black Rims 19", Adaptive M, DCT, all packages, rear power sun shade, full leather black.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2015, 10:01 PM   #72
goj
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 EBII 340i 6-MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowyman
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_alnimah View Post
Thanks bro. I'm thinking of Austin Yellow, Black Rims 19", Adaptive M, DCT, all packages, rear power sun shade, full leather black.
I would need a ride in that for sure lol
BMW CCA Member #516012
2016 340i, Estoril Blue, Manual Transmission, MPE, MPBBK, HRE FF04
Instagram: @brandons340i
Appreciate 1
      12-24-2015, 10:31 PM   #73
Alano_Mpower
Banned
Rep
Drives: Bmw 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowyman View Post
Folks, I've had my F36 for 2.5 months now. Two weeks back, my car started shaking violently with a high noise coming from the back of the car. I was going at 30mph in the city and bam the accelerator also stops responding. I had the car towed. The service determined that the rear axle broke due to a defective factory part! They find a bulletin so they replaced both rear axles.

They said the car is ready to pick up yesterday. With excitement, I picked up the car and on my way back, I went on highway. Next moment, I was experiencing pure terror! Once I reached 70mph, the car started wobbling left-right, right-left. I'm holding the steering wheel straight but it's going all around (still within the lane). At this moment, I am terrified. I try to brake and guess what? The brake goes immediately very soft. The car doesn't get a grip so I floor the brakes and it finally "slows down". All this happens in 6pm rush traffic. Other drivers were terrified as well as the car was floating all around. I drove the car slowly back home as the service was currently closed and towing the car by BMW takes about 2 hours in my past experiences. There's now also new drone noise coming from the back of the car. I leave a voice mail to service manager that day and bring back the car first thing today morning. Later today, the service calls and says bearings of the axles should be replaced as well. However this means again taking apart all brakes, shafts, wheels, struts once again. After my first and second experience with axles, brakes, car floating-wobbling, I don't feel safe in this car anymore. Three of these problems could've costed my life very easily.

So I called BMW and they told me they will investigate the issue and get back to me in 4-5 days.

So, anyone has an experience with buyback process? Do I have a case here? I want to initiate one and get in M3. Thanks!

hey man glad nothing hapend to you,

im experiencing the same thing i drive at high speeds and the car gives a humming sound from behind am i in the riskzone of what hapend to you?
I can feel the strong vibration all the way to the brake pedal!
the car are at bmw for the moment and i will go back to them and se and discuss if they can look into it.
Appreciate 0