F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack > For those that got Dynamic Handling Pkg...
Extreme Powerhouse

11-22-2012, 10:26 AM   #1
EB_F30
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 13' M Sport 335 6MT

For those that got Dynamic Handling Pkg...

Ok sorry if this has been discussed a lot but I want to hear from the guys that got the DHT and if they say it's worth it. I just placed my order on my 2013 335 so I have time still to add a thing or two if I want. I didn't opt but now I'm thinking about it just because I want the most from my car...if it is actually worth it. Now...I'm getting the M Sport so I know it has a slightliy tweaked suspension, what more do you get with the DHT with the Active M Suspension and Variable Sport Steering? Is this some button you push and you get a tighter feeling for corners? Here in the future I plan to change out the shock/struts with a nice lowering/performance suspension so if I plan to add these is it still worth it to get the DHT?

Thanks for any good info.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2012, 12:12 PM   #2
Cyberdemon
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i, 2018 M3 Comp

You are paying for specifically what you mention:

Active M suspension (which translates to the adjustable dampers)
VSS - Just adjusts the steering ratio which makes the car a little easier to park in general, but probably isn't something you'd miss without really noticing.

The damping adjusts based on the mode you are in (Sport vs comfort) - the general consensus is the standard Sport suspension (Which is what you get on a standard M sport) is slightly harder than the soft DH setting and slightly softer than the sport DH setting.

I have the DHT and I'm happy with it...would my life be that much different without it? Probably not.

If you plan on replacing the dampers, there is no reason to get the dynamic handling package since that's what you're paying for. If you prefer a stiffer setup then just get the stock suspension and mod it how you choose.
      11-22-2012, 01:33 PM   #3
EB_F30
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 13' M Sport 335 6MT

Good info, thanks.
Appreciate 0