F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Order Snafu
ARMA SPEED

08-31-2014, 06:32 AM   #1
Garlic Oil
Rep
Drives: 335 Coupe

Order Snafu

I placed an order, including a $1000 deposit, for a 2015 435i on July 22. On that date, my CA provided me with a VIR listing the production number. He advised me the car would probably arrive in October. I was thinking about its status a couple of days ago so I called BMW's 800 number and spoke to a representative, She informed me the car was ordered on July 10 and they had no additional information. It appears my CA moved my order to one they already had allotted to them. In any event, I sent an email to my CA yesterday and he responded my order was moved up then back. He subsequently copied me on an email he sent to his distribution manager inquiring why my September production sold is now showing a January (!?) build date. My CA indicated he will let me know what he learns from his manager. Does anyone have a guess as to what may be going on here? Are there constraints in place on 435's? I hope to educate myself about this situation before I hear back from my CA. By the way, I have purchased numerous BMW's from my CA and this is the first time I have had an issue.

Thanks in advance for you thoughts.
Appreciate 0