F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N20, N26, B46, B48 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > NEW RELEASE: DINANTRONICS Sport (N20/N26)
proTUNING Freaks

12-08-2017, 04:57 PM   #397
Dinan_Engineering
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmortar View Post
Thats a shame.
I dont know if times have changed or what but..
I used to own a MK5 GTI and spent alot of time on the forums from 08-2013 or so. Vendors would actually get on the forums and join in on the conversations, products, and provide great CS and help when needed. There were a lot of great debates between vendors, say APR, BSH, Forge, etc that led not only to good competition but also great education for the community.

How DINAN's own thread is not being followed by them puzzles me. They should be reading these posts, ready to jump in and assist.
Sorry I have been absent, just got pointed to the thread via a PM (notifies me by email). Been so focused on the website changeover and all the little nitpick fixes that never seem to end I haven't been very attentive to the various forums in general the last week or so.

I will reach out to the SPORT guy above directly though and figure out whats going on there.

In regards to the comparison to the Audi/VW forums --- very different communities. I had the pleasure of interacting with both for a while before the APR acquisition and can say those forums are much more conducive to friendly debate. I will leave it at that. =)
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2017, 05:19 PM   #398
Styx
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidMercury View Post
Anyone have stall issues at stops?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidMercury View Post
Anyone have stall issues at stops?
I had that happen twice in one day about a month ago and not since. I don't think it was the Dinan sport but it was a day or two after I put it on.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2017, 07:57 PM   #399
madmortar
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering View Post
Sorry I have been absent, just got pointed to the thread via a PM (notifies me by email). Been so focused on the website changeover and all the little nitpick fixes that never seem to end I haven't been very attentive to the various forums in general the last week or so.

I will reach out to the SPORT guy above directly though and figure out whats going on there.

In regards to the comparison to the Audi/VW forums --- very different communities. I had the pleasure of interacting with both for a while before the APR acquisition and can say those forums are much more conducive to friendly debate. I will leave it at that. =)
Good to see feedback.

Would appreciate update on the users error/issue and what was done to fix it. Makes for a better community and forum in the long run if solutions are posted as much as complaints & issues.

BTW...about APR...who bought them out??
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2017, 09:01 AM   #400
Dinan_Engineering
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Good to see feedback.

Would appreciate update on the users error/issue and what was done to fix it. Makes for a better community and forum in the long run if solutions are posted as much as complaints & issues.

As common problems are discovered we try to integrate them into the troubleshooting section of the instructions. A couple things that have yet to be added that should be here in the near future are:

1. Bluetooth related issues tend to be resolved by 2 things -- turning off a apple/samsung smartwatch (they tend to be BT elitists and cause connectivity issues), and unpairing your phone to the iDrive (when paired it acts similar to how apple devices do and likes to butt into other signals which causes a connectivity issue).
2. When device is physically connected some people have a tendency of installing either side of the cable incredibly taut and not leaving any free play from the cable to the device or the cable to the plug. There should be some free play on either side to account for engine movement. If super taut the continued stress on the connection with the vibration of the engine can cause the internal cable connections to slowly erode/disconnect which will cause signals to not be registered and typically results in a CEL.

Driven Performance brands bought APR a few months back (Flowmaster, Hurst, B&M, and Dinan).
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2017, 10:56 AM   #401
flipnkraut
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BSM M3

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering View Post

Good to see feedback.

Hey

They reached out to me and put me in contact with someone at Dinan to do a return or exchange.

Honestly pretty happy now since I did love the tuner and was pretty disappointed when it broke.

It's a pretty simple device so there's not much to troubleshoot, it either works or it doesn't. And I'm sure my experience is an exception rather than the rule when it comes to Dinan.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2018, 12:44 PM   #402
Phil2thejay
EBII F30 N26 M-Sport
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 N26 M-Sport

More of a pet peeve, they should update the app so that it keeps the screen on while the app is running to see the boost gauge real time (as if you were watching a youtube video). It is an inconvenience to change my display settings to remain on / 10min lock time.

Appreciate 0
      01-15-2018, 06:29 PM   #403
Gamb1t
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 330i,X1,Z4,Solstice GXP, RX-8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil2thejay View Post
More of a pet peeve, they should update the app so that it keeps the screen on while the app is running to see the boost gauge real time (as if you were watching a youtube video). It is an inconvenience to change my display settings to remain on / 10min lock time.

It records highest peak boost over the session. Since boost goes up and down, a better way to display it is using a graph or something. This way you can analyse it later. Kinda like the Torque app.

That said, if you are boosting much then you should be watching the road than glancing at the gauge.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2018, 10:50 AM   #404
Phil2thejay
EBII F30 N26 M-Sport
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamb1t View Post
It records highest peak boost over the session. Since boost goes up and down, a better way to display it is using a graph or something. This way you can analyse it later. Kinda like the Torque app.

That said, if you are boosting much then you should be watching the road than glancing at the gauge.
Well if you're running 1/4 miles, I would like to look at my peak boost numbers per run (session), and not have to unlock my phone and open the app.

Furthermore, aren't we technically always in boost though? It's not like a switch when you want the turbo to spool or not lol. Additionally, my phone mount is lined up next to my HUD.

Appreciate 0
      01-16-2018, 11:10 AM   #405
Gen13 F36
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 428i Gran Coupe

If you have latest android phone you should be able to lock the app in place so phone never sleep but if yu have an iphone good luck with that....lol
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2018, 12:13 PM   #406
Phil2thejay
EBII F30 N26 M-Sport
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen13 F36 View Post
If you have latest android phone you should be able to lock the app in place so phone never sleep but if yu have an iphone good luck with that....lol
Out of date, running a S6

Appreciate 0
      01-21-2018, 03:21 PM   #407
Gen13 F36
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Out of date, running a S6
Lol....ok. it is still an android so go download stay awake app....then set which app to keep on the screen....that is what android is all about...lol
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2018, 01:22 PM   #408
Phil2thejay
EBII F30 N26 M-Sport
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen13 F36 View Post
Lol....ok. it is still an android so go download stay awake app....then set which app to keep on the screen....that is what android is all about...lol
Didn't know that existed. Thanks for the info. Not a phone savy guy. Still on the S6 as you can see + non-rooted.

Appreciate 0
      01-23-2018, 02:40 PM   #409
Gen13 F36
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Didn't know that existed. Thanks for the info. Not a phone savy guy. Still on the S6 as you can see + non-rooted.
Your welcome.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2018, 10:13 PM   #410
Postie6e
Panama
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5/MPPK MPE Msport 35i

Quick update....been using this product for 2 years. Running Sport+ with 91 gas, I daily my car mostly city and some highway. I can assure you I never had any CEL, just pure awesomeness. Excellent product overall
Appreciate 1
arvi60461.00
      02-01-2018, 11:20 PM   #411
crimson_king
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i F30 Manual Trans

Just bought an F30 N20, 6 speed and it already had the Dinan Sport installed. I am so glad it did, it makes the car feel much lighter and not a lot of effect on gas mileage when driven nicely in comfort/Dinan sport + mode. Overall, very happy
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2018, 07:30 PM   #412
JG_Coupe88
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F10 M5, E36 M3

Garage List
2018 BMW M3   [0.00]
I'm not sure if anyone else on here is having the same problem but on Android Nougat it was connecting "most of the time". Now on android oreo 8.0 on a brand new phone, nada, absolutely nothing. Have deleted, reinstalled, if I want to make a change to the boost I'm shit out of luck. Thoughts? Other solutions?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2018, 07:48 PM   #413
BunkerJ
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG_Coupe88 View Post
I'm not sure if anyone else on here is having the same problem but on Android Nougat it was connecting "most of the time". Now on android oreo 8.0 on a brand new phone, nada, absolutely nothing. Have deleted, reinstalled, if I want to make a change to the boost I'm shit out of luck. Thoughts? Other solutions?
Maybe they don't support it yet?

2013 F30 328i: MHI Big Turbo, GFB DV+, Mishimoto CAI, ER TIC/CP/Catless DP, AWE Touring Quad Exhaust w/ Resonated Midpipe, NGK LI Plugs, BM3 with PTF Stage 2 91 AGG Tune, Fuel-it Stage 2 LPFP, Solowerks S1 Coilovers, and DEPO/M-Sport Retrofit
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2018, 09:23 PM   #414
anotheran
Sedan Driver
Canada
Rep
Drives: A nice car

Quote:
I'm on Oreo with a Galaxy and it works fine.

ZCP | ZHP | ZTR | ZE0 | MSport | ZMP | DHP | MStickerPack | THP | MPPSK | MPPK
BMW MSP Lightweight Jacket | DTM Motorsport Team Cap| BMW M Drift Cat 5 | BMW M Thermo Mug
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2018, 07:59 AM   #415
JG_Coupe88
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M3   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by anotheran View Post
I'm on Oreo with a Galaxy and it works fine.
That's what I'm on as well... Strange. I'll see how else I can mess around with it or my phone. Will update the post if I do or don't solve this... Pretty frustrating. It's no wonder the app is like a 2.3 rating on the store.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2018, 10:15 PM   #416
Enderman
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Garage List
2013 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
I'm in the same boat! I'm also running Oreo on my Galaxy. Looks like I'm stuck in valet mode until they fix it or I decide to take it off...
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2018, 03:24 AM   #417
JG_Coupe88
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M3   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerboy36 View Post
Quote:
I'm in the same boat! I'm also running Oreo on my Galaxy. Looks like I'm stuck in valet mode until they fix it or I decide to take it off...
I asked my girl to download the app on her phone real quick and we changed my setting on her phone, otherwise I still can't do anything with the app. Use someone's phone to change your setting and just delete the app until after the useless app gets fixed.

Also I tried the other things suggested by the dinan rep on this thread on previous posts. Unpaired the phone and everything else, even totally unplugged the unit, waited some minutes, and plugged back in, at this point have tried everything short of hard resetting my phone.
      03-25-2018, 12:10 PM   #418
Gen13 F36
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I asked my girl to download the app on her phone real quick and we changed my setting on her phone, otherwise I still can't do anything with the app. Use someone's phone to change your setting and just delete the app until after the useless app gets fixed.

Also I tried the other things suggested by the dinan rep on this thread on previous posts. Unpaired the phone and everything else, even totally unplugged the unit, waited some minutes, and plugged back in, at this point have tried everything short of hard resetting my phone.
Well do it hard reset the phone, just be sure you have 75% above battery life. I do it every week to clear memory.
Appreciate 0