F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > Offer made and accepted on F30 335 MSport ('14 build)
proTUNING Freaks

06-01-2013, 01:36 AM   #1
SimonB
135 to 335 M Sport to X3 30d M Sport
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 30d, optioned up!

Offer made and accepted on F30 335 MSport ('14 build)

Hi all,

With many thanks to this forum specifically and F30post in general, I signed the offer to Westcoast BMW this morning and it was accepted after some discussion and a small adjustment.

Here's the beast to be:

3 Series F30-335i in Estoril Blue and BMW Individual Extended Leather Trim (black)

Fitted Options, over and above the standard 335i options:

M Sport Package
Adaptive M Suspension
M Sport Brakes
Variable Sport Steering
Comfort Access System
Rear View Camera
Glass Roof
Lane Change Warning
Active Cruise Control with Stop & Go Function
Parking Assistant
Adaptive Headlights
High Beam Assistant (now part of Adaptive Headlights Package)
Telephony with Extended Smartphone Connectivity
BMW Head-Up Display
DAB+ Tuner

Wow - I must say that myself!

I would have gone for the BMW Individual Steering Wheel too, as I don't like the M Sport Steering Wheel (to plasticky for my tastes), but you can't when you have selected M Sport :-(

Now for the interesting bit - ready?

You may have seen I posted '14 build in the title? I've seen discussion on the rumoured pending model refresh in the US forum, that it included a Nav upgrade and an iDrive touch feature - I mentioned this to Tony, my sales dude, and he had heard a bit about it, but didn't have details. He went and spoke to the Manager when we were about to sign and the Manager, Darren, advised that he'd JUST seen the bulletins from BMW advising that August slots would be the refresh and the 2014 update, including new iDrive (touch control), new Nav "from the 7 Series", rear blinds standard (rear window - electric and passenger doors - manual), a few other little things and did I want to wait for that? Yes, was my obvious answer (obvious to me, anyway)! There was a bit of a price increase ($2K), but we negotiated that and I increased my offer appropriately.

So, it will be ordered for an August build, with a (hopefully) late September delivery. I missed out on the updated Nav on the 135i that I ordered in May 2008, I think it was updated in August too, so I am happy with this. If I didn't wait, I could possibly have had a June or probably a July build.

On to the pricing detail - Purchase price (pre 2014 model build slot discussion) was $125,664 (drive away, including Employee Purchase Plan discount of 1.5% on base and options) and we agreed on $118,000. Finance is yet to be locked in, but will share that when done.

I hope these hard numbers help someone else and thanks to those who contributed over the last few months to my questions.

If you got or get a better deal, congratulations. However, this is the deal I got and I am happy with it and that's all that really matters, right?

Cheers and the next few months are going to be shit

Oh, finally, thanks specifically to those who recommended Westcoast BMW, I have now spent 2 Saturday mornings there, at 3 hours each and am very, very happy (so far guys, keep on your toes) with their professionalism, integrity and willingness to 'cut the bullshit' and just talk. Their advice, knowledge and desire to 'do the right thing' and just go that little bit further and treat you as a customer, not some complete stranger, are appreciated. They didn't quote me on options that come standard, either (hint, hint to the other Perth BMW dealer).

Simon....

Last edited by SimonB; 06-01-2013 at 01:51 AM.. Reason: Added alternative for the August build comment
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2013, 01:44 AM   #2
minijet
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonB View Post
Hi all,

With many thanks to this forum specifically and F30post in general, I signed the offer to Westcoast BMW this morning and it was accepted after some discussion and a small adjustment.

Here's the beast to be:

3 Series F30-335i in Estoril Blue and BMW Individual Extended Leather Trim (black)

M Sport Package
Adaptive M Suspension
M Sport Brakes
Variable Sport Steering
Comfort Access System
Rear View Camera
Glass Roof
Lane Change Warning
Parking Assistant
Adaptive Headlights
BMW Head-Up Display
DAB+ Tuner

I would have gone for the BMW Individual Steering Wheel too, as I don't like the M Sport Steering Wheel (to plasticky for my tastes), but you can't when you have selected M Sport :-(

You may have seen I posted '14 build in the title? I've seen discussion on the rumoured pending model refresh in the US forum, that it included a Nav upgrade and an iDrive touch feature - I mentioned this to Tony, my sales dude, and he had heard a bit about it, but didn't have details. He went and spoke to the Manager when we were about to sign and the Manager, Darren, advised that he'd JUST seen the bulletins from BMW advising that August slots would be the refresh and the 2014 update, including new iDrive (touch control), new Nav "from the 7 Series", rear blinds standard (rear window - electric and passenger doors - manual), a few other little things and did I want to wait for that? Yes, was my obvious answer (obvious to me, anyway)! There was a bit of a price increase ($2K), but we negotiated that and I increased my offer appropriately.

So, it will be ordered for an August build, with a (hopefully) late September delivery. I missed out on the updated Nav on the 135i that I ordered in May 2008, I think it was updated in August too, so I am happy with this.

On to the pricing detail - Purchase price (pre 2014 model build slot discussion) was $125,664 (drive away, including Employee Purchase Plan discount of 1.5% on base and options) and we agreed on $118,000. Finance is yet to be locked in, but will share that when done.

I hope these hard numbers help someone else and thanks to those who contributed over the last few months to my questions.

If you got or get a better deal, congratulations. However, this is the deal I got and I am happy with it and that's all that really matters, right?

Oh, finally, thanks specifically to those who recommended Westcoast BMW, I have now spent 2 Saturday mornings there, at 3 hours each and am very, very happy (so far guys, keep on your toes) with their professionalism, integrity and willingness to 'cut the bullshit' and just talk. Their advice, knowledge and desire to 'do the right thing' and just go that little bit further and treat you as a customer, not some complete stranger, are appreciated. They didn't quote me on options that come standard, either (hint, hint to the other Perth BMW dealer).

Simon....
Congrats on the car Simon.
I came from a 135i as well and should have ordered the 335.. ha.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2013, 01:52 AM   #3
SimonB
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by minijet View Post
Congrats on the car Simon.
I came from a 135i as well and should have ordered the 335.. ha.
Thanks, I just couldn't bear going back to 4 cylinders :-)

PS: Tanzanite was my 1st choice, but I think it will be too dark for me in dusty. birds with the runs and hard water Perth!
      06-01-2013, 04:31 AM   #4
rjr058
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30

Congratulations on your purchase Simon. I am glad you found the experience with Westcoast as good as what mine was. I too found Darren very helpful and obliging.
Their service section is also very good.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2013, 06:04 PM   #5
HFW003
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2024 M340i xdrive

Congrats Simon, I'm sure you'll love it.

Now that wait begins!
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2013, 07:00 PM   #6
AMJAM
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2013 Alpine 328I MSport

I have to say that is an eye watering amount to a 3 series. Congratulations on the new car.
      06-01-2013, 08:49 PM   #7
dcg71
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: F15 X5

Congrats. That's a healthy option list
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2013, 09:54 PM   #8
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: anything given a chance

Garage List
Nice build mate.

About the paint - If you really want Tanzanite then get it I say, apart from being a great looking colour, just remember that dust, hard water and birds with diarrhoea are an issue not matter what paint job you have!

Last edited by MikeVictor; 06-02-2013 at 12:51 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2013, 11:00 PM   #9
SimonB
Australia
Rep

Thanks Dabaitu, however I've decided on EB now and am comfortable with it and the combinations too.
      06-02-2013, 03:34 AM   #10
JonoNZ
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW iX M60, Macan Turbo

Awesome build. Very similar to mine except no individual leather here, I also decided against lane change warning after trying it out. You'll love your car!

I waited for NBT but not too worried about touch. You never know, it might be available as a retro fit for my car at some stage.

Keep some money aside for the M Perormance exhaust and power pack - essentials on the 335 IMO!
BMW iX M60, Storm Bay with XPEL Stealth PPF, Exterior Line Titan Bronze, 1EW 22" 1023 Wheels, Amido Leather, Comfort Package, Interior Camera, Clear&Bold, Sun Protection Glazing, B&W Diamond Sound, Folding Towbar, Rear Axle Steering.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2013, 03:36 AM   #11
JonoNZ
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabaitu View Post
Nice build mate.

About the paint - If you really want Tanzanite then get it I say, apart from being a great looking colour, just remember that dust, hard water and birds with diarrhoea are an issue not matter what paint job you have!
Yeah I find EB2 shows a bit of dust to be honest, and that's in Auckland...a place not known for much dust!
BMW iX M60, Storm Bay with XPEL Stealth PPF, Exterior Line Titan Bronze, 1EW 22" 1023 Wheels, Amido Leather, Comfort Package, Interior Camera, Clear&Bold, Sun Protection Glazing, B&W Diamond Sound, Folding Towbar, Rear Axle Steering.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2013, 03:41 AM   #12
JonoNZ
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Hi all,

Here's the beast to be:

M Sport Package
Adaptive M Suspension
M Sport Brakes
Variable Sport Steering
Comfort Access System
Rear View Camera
Glass Roof
Lane Change Warning
Parking Assistant
Adaptive Headlights
BMW Head-Up Display
DAB+ Tuner

So, it will be ordered for an August build, with a (hopefully) late September delivery. I missed out on the updated Nav on the 135i that I ordered in May 2008, I think it was updated in August too, so I am happy with this. If I didn't wait, I could possibly have had a June or probably a July build.

Simon....
M Sport wheel plasticky? Not in my opinion. It's fantastic, the standard wheel is hideous and plasticky but the M Sport wheel is lifted straight from the 6 series GC.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2013, 04:37 AM   #13
SimonB
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonoNZ View Post
M Sport wheel plasticky? Not in my opinion. It's fantastic, the standard wheel is hideous and plasticky but the M Sport wheel is lifted straight from the 6 series GC.
JonoNZ, thanks for your other comments - I did a lot of research and didn't need to bother you :-). Yes, our builds are very similar - lane change was reasonably cheap, so I left it in. The dealers here don't have a lot of demo models with this stuff in, so it's hard to get practical experience! The M Sport Adaptive Suspension is a classic example, but the recommendations seem overwhelming, so it stayed too. I'm looking forward to HUD and the Adaptive Cruise Control, in particular!

With regards to the steering wheel, the 320 M Sport I sat in yesterday had plastic silver buttons (can't remember the function), they just seemed cheap. The small round middle doesn't really float my boat either. I prefered the look of the BMW Individual wheel, but it's not an option with the M Sports pack, unfortunately.

The M Sport wheel in the 2008 135 is better looking in my view. But, personal taste, I guess :-)

Maybe I can retrofit the BMW Individual one later?
      06-02-2013, 04:41 AM   #14
JonoNZ
Captain
Rep

Quote:
JonoNZ, thanks for your other comments - I did a lot of research and didn't need to bother you :-). Yes, our builds are very similar - lane change was reasonably cheap, so I left it in. The dealers here don't have a lot of demo models with this stuff in, so it's hard to get practical experience! The M Sport Adaptive Suspension is a classic example, but the recommendations seem overwhelming, so it stayed too. I'm looking forward to HUD and the Adaptive Cruise Control, in particular!

With regards to the steering wheel, the 320 M Sport I sat in yesterday had plastic silver buttons (can't remember the function), they just seemed cheap. The small round middle doesn't really float my boat either. I prefered the look of the BMW Individual wheel, but it's not an option with the M Sports pack, unfortunately.

The M Sport wheel in the 2008 135 is better looking in my view. But, personal taste, I guess :-)

Maybe I can retrofit the BMW Individual one later?
I initially thought the same about the smaller centre part of the wheel, but I'm pretty sure you'll grow to like it.

How much was the individual leather? Wish I'd thought to investigate that option. The Dakota isn't that flash really. It does looks like it will be durable though.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2013, 05:02 AM   #15
SimonB
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonoNZ View Post
I initially thought the same about the smaller centre part of the wheel, but I'm pretty sure you'll grow to like it.

How much was the individual leather? Wish I'd thought to investigate that option. The Dakota isn't that flash really. It does looks like it will be durable though.
The BMW Individual leather (Merino) ZASW/ZASM was $1399 RRP. I chose it because I currently have Space Gray in the Dakota and it's a bit too light (the drivers bolster is marking). I would have LOVED to have the door inserts and other areas in a different colour (that matches the paint colour I chose), but BMW in their wisdom have decided to not allow that. So, the Merino I chose is effectively matte black with gray piping. Was the dealer managers suggestion and I think it will look good and break up the black bottom half of the interior.

99% of the time it's just me in the car, so the less durable Merino should be good. I'll just have to keep an eye on the drivers seat.

That's the plan, anyway.
      06-04-2013, 12:44 AM   #16
screenshot
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 LCI M3 2015

Congrats SimonB. Now that's what you call a fully optioned car. I thought my car had a reasonable long option list but yours had ALL of mine and a million more items. So high tech, perfectly future proofed.

About your comment on the M Sport being plasticky? REALLY. Are we talking about the new 6 Series style round car horn steering wheel or the M Sport steering wheel from the E90 generation? To be honest, I absolutely LOVE the new M Sport wheel. It feels smooth, soft and grippy at the same time, it's a piece of work. Don't worry, once you start gripping this baby you will love it. The design of it is classic car evoking but modern and sleek at the same time. Ok end of rant.

The months ahead will be a LONG but you will persevere Enjoy your new car when it arrives.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2013, 05:26 AM   #17
AMJAM
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2013 Alpine 328I MSport

I love the M Sport wheel it's the nicest wheel to use and look at. I think it improves the interior greatly.

But as they say different horses and all
      06-04-2013, 05:54 AM   #18
SimonB
Australia
Rep

Fair enough guys, I will see what it's like 'in the flesh' so to speak and give it ago :-)

Thanks for your input, seriously.

Screenshot, I ordered my 135 in May for a September delivery, so I'm 'used' to it. I'm usually so busy at work that the months just fly by anyway! Re the options list, yeah, it's pretty loaded :-) what can I say? I like my gadgets!

I'm not going through the old "we'll just update your car a month after you've ordered it" and the dealer now cooperate with getting it changed again!!
      06-04-2013, 07:49 PM   #19
funky_chilli
*burp*
Australia
Rep
Drives: '13 328i Sport Line

I ordered a Sportsline this time but kinda regret it now (my last car was m-sport) and one of the things I regret the most is not having the steering wheel...if u ever get the individual wheel, send ur m-sport my way

Congrats on what's going to be an awesome car! Can't imagine having so many toys to play with...u've got like 10 times the options I do!
'09 E90 323i M-Sport | '08 MKV GTI | '02 MINI Cooper | '99 E46 318i Exec
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2013, 10:20 PM   #20
SimonB
Australia
Rep

Well, it's reassuring to know that if I don't end up liking the M Sport wheel in the flesh and in practical use, there are several people that are interested in buying it when / if I can replace it!
      06-04-2013, 10:28 PM   #21
HFW003
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2024 M340i xdrive

Quote:
Well, it's reassuring to know that if I don't end up liking the M Sport wheel in the flesh and in practical use, there are several people that are interested in buying it when / if I can replace it!
Please remember I was first
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2013, 12:49 AM   #22
SimonB
Australia
Rep

I'll add you to the queue, Funky chilli :-) It's going to be a long 3 months...