F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Indicator error
GetBMWParts

01-27-2020, 01:45 PM   #1
macthered
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Indicator error

Ok long story short, I had the rear left brake,indicator issue so I carried out the mod with the earth wire.

The brake light error was fixed but indicator still wouldn't work so I gave in and took the car to my local Vehicle leccky.

He could not fix it for the following reason.
He tested everything in the circuit and it said it should work but BMW's have a system where after a certain number of errors on the same system, the ECU permanently keeps/locks the error.

So to get this fixed will I have to got to BMW and pay mega bucks to have the "permanent" error reset?

Ive not heard of this system of accumulation of errors before.

Thanks

Mac
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2020, 04:30 PM   #2
Eddamoo
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 430dX

Rather than shorting the connector, have you actually tried a proper replacement? They're only a tenner. I tried shorting the one on my old z4 and it never worked properly. Maybe they check a resistance value?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2020, 02:46 PM   #3
macthered
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Yup, tried the new connector. The lecky has said that everything should be working , power going to where it should but the "permanent" error that is showing up when he plugs his monitor in somehow needs to be cleared?
Appreciate 0