F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > How to adjust hood opening?
Studio RSR

05-17-2016, 04:06 PM   #1
etinifni
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i Modern Line

Garage List
How to adjust hood opening?

Does anyone have a pdf/eBook copy of the F30 Bentley or even just a hard copy and can post the correct procedure for adjusting the front hood/bonnet for opening correctly with two pulls? I've searched and the closest thing to instructions is to unscrew both screws on either side of the hood, then screw them back in until they are hand tight.

There has to be a written procedure to do this correctly.
      05-17-2016, 10:13 PM   #2
Brett530
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '17 F30 340i

I'd like to know also. Mine takes several pulls to release properly. I do know that you pull down the plastic pieces so that the "hooks" (rectangles) can be rotated. I played with a few adjustments in both directions, but could not get a consistent 2-pull release.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2016, 01:18 PM   #3
Polo08816
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by etinifni View Post
Does anyone have a pdf/eBook copy of the F30 Bentley or even just a hard copy and can post the correct procedure for adjusting the front hood/bonnet for opening correctly with two pulls? I've searched and the closest thing to instructions is to unscrew both screws on either side of the hood, then screw them back in until they are hand tight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett530 View Post
I'd like to know also. Mine takes several pulls to release properly. I do know that you pull down the plastic pieces so that the "hooks" (rectangles) can be rotated. I played with a few adjustments in both directions, but could not get a consistent 2-pull release.
Hopefully this helps... Attached.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf enginehood1.pdf (150.2 KB, 694 views)
File Type: pdf enginehood2.pdf (288.1 KB, 602 views)
Appreciate 1
      05-18-2016, 01:28 PM   #4
etinifni
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo08816
Quote:

Quote:
Attached.
Thank you. I wish it had some base line to start with. Can you tell me what the black screws are for on the front corners of the hood?
Attached Images

05-18-2016, 01:30 PM   #5
Polo08816
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M Sport

Quote:
Thank you. I wish it had some base line to start with. Can you tell me what the black screws are for on the front corners of the hood?
I would imagine that's the contact point between the hood and the parts that it may rest on. You will probably see those for the trunk as well.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2016, 01:40 PM   #6
etinifni
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo08816
Quote:
I would imagine that's the contact point between the hood and the parts that it may rest on. You will probably see those for the trunk as well.
Do you happen to have any off with that info?
      05-18-2016, 02:01 PM   #7
IndotagSwizz
Major
Rep
Drives: F30 320i

Quote:
if I try to do it simultaneously it never works, but if I pull once, let the handle come all the way back wait 5 seconds and the pull again it always works, not sure if its just a shitty design or just how its supposed to work lol
      05-18-2016, 06:00 PM   #8
etinifni
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Damn, now much hood un-latches with two pulls but the drivers side sits lower than passenger side when hood is closed. I've tried adjusting the stops on either side but I cannot get it lined up.
      11-17-2021, 10:03 PM   #9
kjon23
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 428i coupe

Quote:
. It takes a little bit of measurement a whole lot of patience plus time but you can do it yourself. If you let the dealership do it they will try to up-sell you with a whole lot of different things that you do not need.