F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > F30 Projector Angel Eye Headlights!
ARMA SPEED

09-22-2016, 11:11 PM   #639
dangson
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra1 View Post
The updated module seems to have resolved the issue for me. Only time will tell. I have attached a picture of the old and new module side by side.

View post on imgur.com
So the modules are different! I see revision 3.2 vs 3.3. I'll contact USR for a new module since the problem has been occurring more frequently for me.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2016, 06:15 AM   #640
jay bx
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 328 xdrive non_m

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmichaelh7 View Post
anybody have good luck with Hid kit ?
i got the opt7 canbus 55w hid kit from amazon about $90 works great no error codes
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2016, 02:03 PM   #641
Bich
Registered
Lithuania
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 328i xDrive

Hi guys, got these headlamps from USR, no problems for now, but I got one question do these lamps have height regulating motors, like if you need to dip them lower because of extra weight in the trunk? I could do that with regular lamps with scroll wheel next to the light switch on the right, with Depo lamps scroll does nothing.

View post on imgur.com
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2016, 03:13 PM   #642
BrennanF30
BMWLad
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 320D M Sport

Garage List
BMW F30 M Sport  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bich View Post
Hi guys, got these headlamps from USR, no problems for now, but I got one question do these lamps have height regulating motors, like if you need to dip them lower because of extra weight in the trunk? I could do that with regular lamps with scroll wheel next to the light switch on the right, with Depo lamps scroll does nothing.

View post on imgur.com
Sounds like you have forgot to fit the motor from your old headlights
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2016, 12:35 AM   #643
Bich
Registered
Lithuania
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 328i xDrive

Weren't they supposed to be plug'n'play instead of old lamps?
Allready sold old lamps
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2016, 02:28 AM   #644
f30nick
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 328i 6MT/ E36 M3 5MT

Garage List
Quote:
Weren't they supposed to be plug'n'play instead of old lamps?
Allready sold old lamps

they are plug and play, pretty sure the people above are trying to fix an issue or something

Alpine White 12' F30 328i 6MT (SOLD)
Injen CAI | Bootmod3 Stage 1 | VRSF 5' Intercooler| Mishimoto Catch Can | 335i M Performance Exhaust | H&R Super Sports | HRE FF01 w/Hankook Ventus Evo2 | M-Sport Retrofit
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2016, 10:33 PM   #645
elusive
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 F30

Quote:

View post on imgur.com
In the US, our halogen headlights are basic and do not have motors, so the USR headlights do not have motors either.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2016, 01:57 AM   #646
Cxcordovaaa
Private
Rep
Drives: F30

Are these still out of stock?
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2016, 10:30 PM   #647
MONSTAR
#gotboost
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Ive been watching this thread since pretty much the beginning but Im still hesitant to pull the trigger. Every day I come back and review all of the photos and new information -- it seems like there are still some issues with some of the headlights' angel eyes going out. Another one of my concerns is whether or not the lighting is actually enhanced. I wouldn't want to spend the money to have equal or lesser lighting. On top of the visual advantage that I am looking for, I am also interested in a more aesthetically pleasing light color than the standard yellow hue provided by the stock halogen bulbs. I hope you don't mind but I compiled all of the images posted in this thread into one super post....it took some time, especially since about half of the users attached their images instead of linking them. I hope you guys dont mind, those of you who attached the images, I had to save the pictures and upload them to my photobucket to link them.

USR – Stock bulbs (Images courtesy of Elusive)
Quote:
Originally Posted by elusive View Post

Efthirty – Stock bulbs? Phillips H7? Eventually 5500k HID?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthirty View Post

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG] [/IMG]
[IMG] [/IMG]
Martsro – Stock bulbs **(Images attached and not linked)
Quote:
Originally Posted by martsro View Post
[IMG] [/IMG]
[IMG] [/IMG]
[IMG] [/IMG]
[IMG] [/IMG]
Teefar – 5000k HID XenonDepo Extreme kit http://www.xenondepot.com/H7-HID-Kit...ID-p/xt-h7.htm
Quote:
Originally Posted by teefar View Post

Jmichaelh7 – No photos of bulbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmichaelh7 View Post
[IMG][/img]
[/IMG]
[IMG][/img]
[/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG]
Dangson – GP Thunder 5800K H7 halogen bulbs - http://www.ebay.com/itm/GP-Thunder-5...-/381294584103
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangson View Post

Insert Name – LED upgrade bulbs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insert Name View Post
Chazmink – stock bulbs **(image was attached and not linked)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chazmink View Post
[IMG] [/IMG]
YinYangOnFire – 6000k HID kit **(Images were attached and not linked). 1 bulb greener, 1 bulb bluer
Quote:
Originally Posted by YinYangOnFire View Post

Mateusz0147 – upgraded 6K [HID? LED?] option **(Images were attached and not linked). Initial issues on first day, ok now
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateusz0147 View Post

Sherhart – appears to be stock halogen bulbs **(Images were attached and not linked)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherhart View Post

Elusive – stock halogens **(Some images were attached and not linked)
Quote:

Monte03carlo – LED turn signals, LED Bimmian (bulbs?), WeissLicht H7 LED low beam
Quote:
Originally Posted by monte03carlo View Post

PhotographerLife – Stock bulbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Photographerlife View Post
Mreddiekim – stock bulbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by mreddiekim View Post

Mattwong92 – didn’t mention what bulbs **(Images were attached and not linked)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattwong92 View Post
Thanks
Appreciate 2
rajan2925.00
dangson16.50
      10-01-2016, 02:00 PM   #648
Hyperlink
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive Sport Line

MONSTAR There are a lot of cars that have projector beam halogen headlights and just use 55W H7 bulbs (Kia Sorento). I would think that these projectors should work fine with H7 bulbs as they are designed to be used with H7s based on the item description. HIDs will of course be an upgrade, but I can't imagine HIDs are a must....especially if you just want a nice improvement over the stock halogens. If anyone has feedback on the USR lights with 55W H7s I would appreciate it as this is the setup I intend to use. Seems like most people run the H7s and later upgrade to HIDs to get a low beam look closer to Xenons.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2016, 07:45 PM   #649
MONSTAR
#gotboost
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperlink View Post
MONSTAR There are a lot of cars that have projector beam halogen headlights and just use 55W H7 bulbs (Kia Sorento). I would think that these projectors should work fine with H7 bulbs as they are designed to be used with H7s based on the item description. HIDs will of course be an upgrade, but I can't imagine HIDs are a must....especially if you just want a nice improvement over the stock halogens. If anyone has feedback on the USR lights with 55W H7s I would appreciate it as this is the setup I intend to use. Seems like most people run the H7s and later upgrade to HIDs to get a low beam look closer to Xenons.
I agree -- I'm really liking the look of Dangson's GP Thunder 5800K H7 halogen bulbs and also really liking the look of Teefar's 5000k HID XenonDepo Extreme kit. Obviously the HID kit will produce more light, but the issue that I would face is matching the high-beam to them then. I wouldn't want to attempt to retrofit an HID bulb into a reflector housing and would then need to find a halogen bulb to color match the HID. At that point, with a halogen high-beam, it would seem like it probably wouldn't be much brighter than the HID low beam (just angled up higher) and that would also bother me, lol.

I'm wondering then if the best solution would be to use those GP Thunder bulbs all around - fog lights, low beams, high beams. It would certainly be the cheaper alternative at ~$20/pair of bulbs compared to the $155 HID pair
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2016, 10:59 PM   #650
elusive
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cxcordovaaa View Post
Are these still out of stock?
Yes, but USR expects to have them next month. They've been in contact with DEPO to rectify the angel eye issue that some members have been experiencing and DEPO has updated the LED module. The new shipment will have the new modules

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTAR View Post
Ive been watching this thread since pretty much the beginning but Im still hesitant to pull the trigger. Every day I come back and review all of the photos and new information -- it seems like there are still some issues with some of the headlights' angel eyes going out. Another one of my concerns is whether or not the lighting is actually enhanced. I wouldn't want to spend the money to have equal or lesser lighting. On top of the visual advantage that I am looking for, I am also interested in a more aesthetically pleasing light color than the standard yellow hue provided by the stock halogen bulbs.
1. See above reply.
2. Halogen bulb output is terrible regardless. Your best bet is to use HIDs/LEDs with these headlights. The projectors will provide a better cutoff.
3. HIDs/LEDs will provide the color you desire. I still have a 5500k HID kit sitting in my garage that I need to install
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2016, 04:09 PM   #651
CazuaLLUK
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i Black F30 M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Yes, but USR expects to have them next month. They've been in contact with DEPO to rectify the angel eye issue that some members have been experiencing and DEPO has updated the LED module. The new shipment will have the new modules
Shame they cant get the RHD ones in the UK asap!!!!

BrennanF30
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2016, 11:54 AM   #652
RayonF30
Private
Rep
Drives: Black BMW F30

Has anyone received that email saying the product was back in stock but check to find out it's still out?
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2016, 08:06 PM   #653
elusive
Second Lieutenant
Rep

For anyone experiencing the angel eyes going out, USR will provide replacement modules.
Just email Erick ( eg@uniquestyleracing.com ) with a picture of the issue and your USR ID, and he'll send you the replacements
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2016, 08:17 PM   #654
nemobanks
Nemo banks
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayonF30 View Post
Has anyone received that email saying the product was back in stock but check to find out it's still out?
Yes what's up with that i was ready to buy.
Appreciate 1
elusive192.00
      10-12-2016, 08:24 PM   #655
RayonF30
Private
Rep
Drives: Black BMW F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemobanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayonF30 View Post
Yes what's up with that i was ready to buy.
Said it was a glitch
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2016, 09:28 AM   #656
teefar
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 328i Sportline

Well now my drivers side angel eye is going out. Happened in cool weather in this instance... *sigh*
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2016, 02:59 PM   #657
Sherhart
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 Vert & 2015 RR Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by teefar View Post
Well now my drivers side angel eye is going out. Happened in cool weather in this instance... *sigh*
First I have heard of driver side issues. Mine have all been on the passenger side and has happened 4-5 times that I know of. They are out of the replacement LED modules, but I am on the list.

Jim
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2016, 03:44 PM   #658
teefar
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 328i Sportline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherhart View Post
First I have heard of driver side issues. Mine have all been on the passenger side and has happened 4-5 times that I know of. They are out of the replacement LED modules, but I am on the list.

Jim
You may want to recheck. I emailed them today and they've already sent my module
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2016, 04:37 PM   #659
CazuaLLUK
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i Black F30 M Sport

Garage List
Need RHD version!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2016, 02:28 AM   #660
f30nick
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 328i 6MT/ E36 M3 5MT

Garage List
Been like 2 months and haven't had any issues. Need to code out flickering on startup still

Alpine White 12' F30 328i 6MT (SOLD)
Injen CAI | Bootmod3 Stage 1 | VRSF 5' Intercooler| Mishimoto Catch Can | 335i M Performance Exhaust | H&R Super Sports | HRE FF01 w/Hankook Ventus Evo2 | M-Sport Retrofit
Appreciate 0