F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Windshield Wiper Jerk
proTUNING Freaks

02-12-2013, 06:13 PM   #1
SCBimmerKid
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Mineral Grey F30

Windshield Wiper Jerk

I must have, quite possibly, the worst luck when it comes to wipers. I had to have my windshield replaced (long story) in order for the wipers to stop chattering.

I had to have the FEM unit replaced because the wipers would just stop working randomly in the middle of a rain storm.

My passenger wiper rests way above where I think it should (about 2-3 inches above the dot matrix).

And NOW, at the end of each swipe it jerks and makes a loud noise when it reaches the bottom of the windshield on the passenger side. I thought this had gone away when the windshield was replaced, but apparently it has come back. Has anyone else experienced this or know what is going on? I've been to the dealership more times than I can count and am seriously frustrated. I've been dealing with wiper issues since last APRIL!! I'm desperate.

Hopefully someone will know what's happening and how to fix.

*NO LONGER ON ORDER* '12 328i Mineral Grey Metallic w/black leather/aluminum&black gloss trim/ZSL/ZPP/Xenons
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 07:43 PM   #2
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Many

Sounds like a bum wiper motor to me. It's possibly loosing its position reference.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 07:59 PM   #3
SCBimmerKid
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Mineral Grey F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by BavarianFanatic View Post
Sounds like a bum wiper motor to me. It's possibly loosing its position reference.
That's what I was thinking! Service department seems to think it's normal, but I've used the wipers in other f30's and they work flawlessly. I set up an appointment for Friday so hopefully this will finally put this problem to rest.

*NO LONGER ON ORDER* '12 328i Mineral Grey Metallic w/black leather/aluminum&black gloss trim/ZSL/ZPP/Xenons
Appreciate 0