F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > M2 v M240 vid
Studio RSR

09-18-2016, 04:04 PM   #265
gtsussex
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: SMB M3 CP with lots of carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
It better not be a wet track Guy.....500hp and DSG instantaneous shifts will definitely not be a plus
I think if it's wet, the difference will be very small. That circuit is very advantageous to smaller powered cars as if wet, it's not about power. Couldn't care, will be fun whatever!! Just have to resist massive oversteery play at that bottom hairpin!!!
San Marino Blue M3 Competition Package with Carbon tat, ACS RS suspension, uprated brakes, 'modded' exhaust and a weeny bit more power courtesy of JF Automotive; M235i Convertible with ACS Sports Suspension; Disco 5 HSE Lux
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2016, 04:14 PM   #266
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtsussex View Post
I think if it's wet, the difference will be very small. That circuit is very advantageous to smaller powered cars as if wet, it's not about power. Couldn't care, will be fun whatever!! Just have to resist massive oversteery play at that bottom hairpin!!!
Yes I agree, it gets really slippy in places when fully wet.

A little drifting is good for the soul, not good for the lap times.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2016, 04:17 PM   #267
gtsussex
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Yes I agree, it gets really slippy in places when fully wet.

A little drifting is good for the soul, not good for the lap times.
Don't suppose you'll see me moaning.... #lovemysidewayscarinthewet
San Marino Blue M3 Competition Package with Carbon tat, ACS RS suspension, uprated brakes, 'modded' exhaust and a weeny bit more power courtesy of JF Automotive; M235i Convertible with ACS Sports Suspension; Disco 5 HSE Lux
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2016, 04:25 PM   #268
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Don't suppose you'll see me moaning.... #lovemysidewayscarinthewet
Anyway, sliding out of the hairpin is easy......try drifting onto the main straight at 90MPH
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2016, 04:31 PM   #269
gtsussex
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Anyway, sliding out of the hairpin is easy......try drifting onto the main straight at 90MPH
That needs a driver of your skill...... not me.... I keep the traction control on at all times.....
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2016, 05:06 PM   #270
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
That needs a driver of your skill...... not me.... I keep the traction control on at all times.....
Or lack of.....I spun the LM going onto the straight at 90+

The instructor said that doesn't happen very often
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2016, 06:33 PM   #271
mofomat
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 V10, BMW 330e Touring

Quote:
This is a thread (largely) about the M2. If you take off your rose tinted glasses for a minute and read my posts, you will notice that, not once, I am grossly unfair to the M2.....why would I be? ......I had one reserved until not long ago
Without wishing to carry on the argument, I really don't have rose-tinted glasses on. Pretty much everything you say about the M2 I agree with. On the face of it, the M2 seems bad value against the M4. I'm not an M2 fan boy. Given a straight choice between the two, I would take the M4 every day. If I thought the M2 would lose tons of money over the next six months, I wouldn't have bought it. I would have waited for the LCI of the M4.

As it happens, I've been blown away by how good the M2 is. As it stands I would have to make a very difficult to decision whether to sell the M2 when the M4 LCI is launched towards the end of the year. I didn't think the decision would be that difficult to make.

Quote:
and you know what I mean by an oil temp gauge. Fairly minor points.
No, I really don't. You said it doesn't have an oil temperature gauge, and it does. I'm not a mind reader as to what you ACTUALLY meant. It's another myth that has been perpetuated ad nauseum by people on forums. The fact that it's a digital display which you toggle using the button on the stalk is neither here nor there.

Anyway, it seems we're more or less saying the same thing about the M2.
Appreciate 0