F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Favorite music to showcase the HK system
ARMA SPEED

03-27-2013, 09:07 PM   #1
nydennis
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Favorite music to showcase the HK system

Still did not get my car yet, but was wondering what music you all feel sounds the best in the HK system.

I realize that everyone has different music tastes so the music will vary.

Myself, I like a mix range of music. Punk, Rock, Alternative, Pop. Not sure which will sound best in it yet.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 09:33 PM   #2
MadZarBMR
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Current: '18 M3 ZCP - 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by nydennis View Post
Still did not get my car yet, but was wondering what music you all feel sounds the best in the HK system.

I realize that everyone has different music tastes so the music will vary.

Myself, I like a mix range of music. Punk, Rock, Alternative, Pop. Not sure which will sound best in it yet.
I'm a huge music buff and was pleasantly surprised at how well the HK handles every type of music. What I wasn't expecting was the 7 band EQ which can be adjusted to meet just about everyone's taste in audio mix. My favorites are rock, alternative and funk jazz. if you are into Pearl Jam - play Yellow Ledbetter. The intro guitar sounds amazing and you can almost make out what Eddie Vedder is saying. ;-)

BTW - don't use Sirius to gauge the sound quality of HK. Compression on it sucks and makes everything sound very metallic.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 09:36 PM   #3
nydennis
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadZarBMR View Post
I'm a huge music buff and was pleasantly surprised at how well the HK handles every type of music. What I wasn't expecting was the 7 band EQ which can be adjusted to meet just about everyone's taste in audio mix. My favorites are rock, alternative and funk jazz. if you are into Pearl Jam - play Yellow Ledbetter. The intro guitar sounds amazing and you can almost make out what Eddie Vedder is saying. ;-)

BTW - don't use Sirius to gauge the sound quality of HK. Compression on it sucks and makes everything sound very metallic.
I generally use my iPod. I do most music in 320 on the classic. I love Pearl Jam, I have to check that out.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2013, 04:41 PM   #4
nydennis
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I also read that some Beck, Muddy Waters, and my all time favorite go to is anything Steely Dan