F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > F30 Halogen to Xenon non adaptive
proTUNING Freaks

05-08-2017, 06:40 PM   #1
gapon
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 328d xDrive (F30)

F30 Halogen to Xenon non adaptive

Hello Guys, I need some help with the head lights. I found some post about retrofit the headlights from halogen to Adaptive Xenon, is it the same way to do it for non adaptive? I mean the after market headlights I bought look great, but when I connected them nothing worked. so I realized the wiring had to be re-done on the plugs that go to the headlights. I got that figured out, now I get my turn signals, low beam and parking light work but my high beam and Halo lights do not work for some reason. do i need to do coding for that?
is the link of the lights that I have.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2017, 07:20 PM   #2
gapon
Enlisted Member
Rep

I also do think that I could have bought defected headlights. I should be getting a new set tomorrow. ill give it a try with new ones. but if it will do the same.. most likely i need to do some coding?
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2017, 10:58 AM   #3
gapon
Enlisted Member
Rep

Final Question. Do I need to code my headlights if I do not want adaptive options. all I want is High beam, Low Beam, turn signals, Halo lights and Parking lights.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2017, 12:41 PM   #4
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by gapon View Post
Final Question. Do I need to code my headlights if I do not want adaptive options. all I want is High beam, Low Beam, turn signals, Halo lights and Parking lights.
As long as voltage is unchanged, then you should not need any coding.

Xenons do have any option code = 522.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2017, 02:06 PM   #5
gapon
Enlisted Member
Rep

well guys, im in the same boat again, I returned my after market headlights and purchased used OEM headlights. I have a problem with High beam and Halo lights now.

my Halo lights do not turn on at all, and my high beam is same as in the video. the shutter works but the second lens does not have light in there. what can I do to fix the high beam and Halo lights.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2017, 02:58 PM   #6
kobluna
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gapon View Post
well guys, im in the same boat again, I returned my after market headlights and purchased used OEM headlights. I have a problem with High beam and Halo lights now.

my Halo lights do not turn on at all, and my high beam is same as in the video. the shutter works but the second lens does not have light in there. what can I do to fix the high beam and Halo lights.
In xenons there are nothing in inner lens, it's just an empty hole. Halogens and newer leds does have light also on inner lens (actually reflector in those cases, lens is xenon only). So according to your video your high beam work just fine.

About the halos, you have installed the led modules (two for each housing), right? If yes, they might need coding I'm not sure. But if I have to quess, I would say that because the halos works as DRL as well as parking lights, they need coding because halogens has dedicated bulbs for parking and DRL light.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2017, 01:01 PM   #7
gapon
Enlisted Member
Rep

thank you for the info, some one in the other post say exactly same thing about high beam. i feel dumb. do you know if control module is bad will halos stop working? I have the control modules and the voltage I get in Halos is only 3volts not enough power to power on the LEDs
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2017, 03:42 PM   #8
gapon
Enlisted Member
Rep

Just wanted to let everyone know that the issue was resolved by buying new headlights that came with new LED modules and control Modules. it worked right out of the box. I tried to swap the control modules and the headlights stopped working so the problem was in both control modules.

im glad that the issue is now resolved.
thank you all for all the help and info that was given.
Appreciate 0