F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Installed donor vehicle's NBT but no sound
Extreme Powerhouse

12-02-2013, 10:47 AM   #23
steve@codemybimmer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Hong Kong
Rep

Drives: 2020 G20 320i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
A picture is worth 1000 words:

Attachment 947873

Save and Name the File.

The FSC Output file will be already Base 64 Decoded.

If you need help with the Map Update FSC Code, send me a PM. I have a good source.
Thanks.

I'll do that as soon as I get the NBT back.

As for the maps, I'll definitely go to your source once the 2014 NEXT maps are available.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2013, 11:10 AM   #24
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aritaurus View Post
Thanks.

I'll do that as soon as I get the NBT back.

As for the maps, I'll definitely go to your source once the 2014 NEXT maps are available.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2013, 04:01 PM   #25
Chris@codemybimmer
Canada
Rep

Drives: AW F30 328i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aritaurus
Ok so 1lyfe installed the NBT to his F30 that did not come with 609 and 676 and the sound works there no problem. He's going to try and re-wire my amp to the fuse and see if that solves the issue. We're still not sure if the pinouts on the NBT need to change though.

Shawn, looks like we didn't take down the VIN of the NBT before we VO coded it. The SVT shows my vehicle's short VIN when I read the coding data from HU_NBT. We need to extract the original vehicle's VIN from it so we can purchase the appropriate FSC code for the maps. You mentioned something about extracting a DE file, would you be able to outline the steps on how to do that?

Thanks!
pinouts should be the same as CIC
I had all four channels working and tested by adjusting fader and balance

just the trigger wire needs to be changed
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2013, 04:08 PM   #26
Chris@codemybimmer
Canada
Rep

Quote:

Attachment 947873

Save and Name the File.

If you need help with the Map Update FSC Code, send me a PM. I have a good source.
Hi shaw, when we plugged the nbt into aritaurus' car when we went to do some coding, CMB_Media came up as one of the ECU's in his car even when the combox was fully disconnected in the trunk

but when i plugged his NBT into my car CMB_Media wasnt there.

So my question is when NBT is retrofitted is there supposed to be CMB_media listed in the ECU's?
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2013, 11:06 PM   #27
steve@codemybimmer
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Ok thanks to 1lyfe, he got my sound working by connecting the wire that triggers my external amp directly to the fuse box.

Surprisingly, the sound on my NBT sounds great with my my factory Hi-Fi system.

Now all that's outstanding is getting the wires from the combox run back to the NBT so I can get the USB port and Bluetooth working.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2013, 11:08 PM   #28
steve@codemybimmer
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Attachment 947873

Save and Name the File.

Hmm I tried typing in the hex values in the two boxes on the screen shot and it won't let me key those in.

Does it read it out automatically or is there a special way to key it in?
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2013, 11:28 PM   #29
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lyfe View Post
Hi shaw, when we plugged the nbt into aritaurus' car when we went to do some coding, CMB_Media came up as one of the ECU's in his car even when the combox was fully disconnected in the trunk

but when i plugged his NBT into my car CMB_Media wasnt there.

So my question is when NBT is retrofitted is there supposed to be CMB_media listed in the ECU's?
It should not be showing if it is disconnected from the Fiber Loop.

Were you reading SVT or Reading ECU? I think if reading ECU it will not appear.

Incidentally, 6VC should also be removed fro VO.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2013, 11:30 PM   #30
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Hmm I tried typing in the hex values in the two boxes on the screen shot and it won't let me key those in.

Does it read it out automatically or is there a special way to key it in?
If you have older version of E-Sys, don't put the 0x in, just use 63 for example, not 0x63. Same goes for DE and 01.

Appreciate 0
      12-04-2013, 12:06 AM   #31
steve@codemybimmer
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
If you have older version of E-Sys, don't put the 0x in, just use 63 for example, not 0x63. Same goes for DE and 01.
Ok, that worked. I put 63 for diagnostic address, 222 for application number since E-sys 3.22 only accepts dec for that field and 1 for upgrade index.

I checked bmwvin.com and it turns out that this head unit was from a 2014 F31 320d with a 09/13 production date; now I know for sure that this NBT is already on iDrive 4.2 so I'm just going to recode it with the 09/13 build date.

Now I really kind of wonder how this head unit was obtained since the car is less than 3 months old. Oh well, better not ask questions haha
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2013, 07:34 AM   #32
steve@codemybimmer
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Ok, I VO coded HU_NBT with the 7/13 production date and it all works. I'm definitely on iDrive 4.2 since I see the volume bar now when I just the volume button on the steering wheel.

I found out from the VIN that this car had 6NR before but I'm not sure if I can use this with my car even with the can-filter. When I add 6NR to the VO, I see the cradle under external devices but I don't see anything else under Connected Drive, just road side assistance and your service centre.

I'm also trying to clean up my VO to make it similar to its previous car but it doesn't seem like I'm getting any of the internet or live options.

So far, these are the changes I've made to the VO before coding HU_NBT

- Build date changed from 0312 to 0713
- removed 6NK and added 6NS
- added 6AK (Connected Drive Services)
- added 6NR (Apps)
- added 6AM (Real-Time Traffic Information)
- added 7XP - Navigation package, Connected Drive

Not sure if I'm doing anything wrong but I don't see any new options under Connected Drive or any options for widgets.

Does anyone have any idea on what I can change to make BMW live and BMW Internet appear under Connected Drive?
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2013, 10:56 AM   #33
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Ok, I VO coded HU_NBT with the 7/13 production date and it all works. I'm definitely on iDrive 4.2 since I see the volume bar now when I just the volume button on the steering wheel.

I found out from the VIN that this car had 6NR before but I'm not sure if I can use this with my car even with the can-filter. When I add 6NR to the VO, I see the cradle under external devices but I don't see anything else under Connected Drive, just road side assistance and your service centre.

I'm also trying to clean up my VO to make it similar to its previous car but it doesn't seem like I'm getting any of the internet or live options.

So far, these are the changes I've made to the VO before coding HU_NBT

- Build date changed from 0312 to 0713
- removed 6NK and added 6NS
- added 6AK (Connected Drive Services)
- added 6NR (Apps)
- added 6AM (Real-Time Traffic Information)
- added 7XP - Navigation package, Connected Drive

Not sure if I'm doing anything wrong but I don't see any new options under Connected Drive or any options for widgets.

Does anyone have any idea on what I can change to make BMW live and BMW Internet appear under Connected Drive?
For 6NR BMW Apps, you must have a 9C AppID 126 FSC Code in Head Unit showing "FSCStatus Accpeted".

Make sure you are removing old option codes and try adding all these:

S6ACA Intelligent emergency call
S6AEA TELESERVICES
S6AKA Connected Drive Services
S6AMA Real-Time Traffic Information
S6APA Remote Services
S6NRA Apps
S6NSA Comfort telephony w/ enhanced Smartphone

Appreciate 0
      12-05-2013, 01:14 PM   #34
vithy
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 F30 328xi

1lyfe, i believe you and i have a simile car. I have the Base HU (No Navi). When you installed the NBT, did you get the efficient dynamics graphs and all? i'm assuming you have to code the kombi too.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2013, 06:43 PM   #35
steve@codemybimmer
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
HU_NBT[DiagAddress=99]
WBA3K31060XXXXXXX
RootCertStatus accepted
SigSCertStatus accepted
SWSigStatus accepted
SWTApplications
----------
AppID 158 (Voice Control)
UpgradeIndex 1
SWTType SWTclassic full
FSCStatus rejected
FSCCertStatus accepted
----------
AppID 160 (Navigation)
UpgradeIndex 1
SWTType SWTclassic full
FSCStatus rejected
FSCCertStatus accepted
----------
AppID 222 (Navigation Enabler)
UpgradeIndex 1
SWTType SWTclassic full
FSCStatus rejected
FSCCertStatus accepted
----------
AppID 111 (Sat Radio)
UpgradeIndex 1
SWTType SWTclassic full
FSCStatus not available
FSCCertStatus accepted
----------
AppID 159 (Text-To-Speech)
UpgradeIndex 1
SWTType SWTclassic full
FSCStatus rejected
FSCCertStatus accepted
----------
AppID 156 (BMW Apps)
UpgradeIndex 1
SWTType SWTclassic full
FSCStatus rejected
FSCCertStatus accepted
----------
AppID 229
UpgradeIndex 1
SWTType SWTclassic full
FSCStatus not available
FSCCertStatus accepted
----------
AppID 169 (Map Update Europe)
UpgradeIndex 3
SWTType SWTshort
FSCStatus rejected
FSCCertStatus not available

Above is the FSC status of the NBT. The can-filter is with 1lyfe right now since he's experimenting with my CIC. It looks like AppID 156 has the FSC cert but it's rejected just like all of the other certs. I read another post where another member had everything working after plugging in his can-filter. I guess once I VO code the car again with the can-filter back in, I should see the 6NR show up as accepted.

Also, it currently has AppID 169 for European maps. If I load US maps on there, will the AppID change to 168 or do I have to do something else?
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2013, 07:44 PM   #36
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I'm not sure if it will convert 169 to 168 or orphan it, or just add 168, but either will be fine.

Appreciate 0
      12-06-2013, 07:21 PM   #37
steve@codemybimmer
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Ok, looks like if you have CIC, you don't have to shave the beige plug at all because it fits in perfectly but this cable directly connects to the USB port in the glovebox. I'm not entirely sure if changing the pinout on this cable will work because I don't know if the glove box USB module and the arm rest one are the same.

Here's the problem though, it turns out that my USB port in the armrest is directly connected to the combox. When I disconnected the combox in the trunk, the USB port in the armrest immediately lost power. Also, without the combox plugged in, my music no longer shows up on the cluster after using the scroll wheel.

I took out the USB and aux interface in the arm rest and it looks like I can just get a similar hsd cable and plug it directly into the NBT so I can load music and maps to it instead of running hsd cable for the USB from the combox back to the NBT. At least by doing that, the arm rest and head unit really isn't that far so it's probably much better to that compared to running the cable from the combox back over to the NBT.

Does anyone know where I can get this white cable that connects to the USB port in the armrest? This is the other end that presumably connects to the combox.

Last edited by steve@codemybimmer; 12-06-2013 at 07:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2013, 10:21 PM   #38
Chris@codemybimmer
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vithy View Post
1lyfe, i believe you and i have a simile car. I have the Base HU (No Navi). When you installed the NBT, did you get the efficient dynamics graphs and all? i'm assuming you have to code the kombi too.
no, i dont know if its a coding issue or not.
I installed aritaurus' CIC in my car for the time being and dont have it either.
but i have working sport displays.
dont know if its a coding issue or not. been working a lot so got no time to mess around

but i vo coded kombi, nothing showed up on the kombi for music. but the controls still worked
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2013, 07:45 AM   #39
steve@codemybimmer
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lyfe View Post
no, i dont know if its a coding issue or not.
I installed aritaurus' CIC in my car for the time being and dont have it either.
but i have working sport displays.
dont know if its a coding issue or not. been working a lot so got no time to mess around

but i vo coded kombi, nothing showed up on the kombi for music. but the controls still worked
That might have something to do with kombi because if you don't have the 6WA cluster, you don't get the ECO pro analyzer and the blue bar when you're in Eco Pro.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2014, 03:50 AM   #40
Benzbrake
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: F30 328 Sport

Hi, can your advise how mic 1 and mic 2 be connected to the socket? I also have a retrofit backup camera and I need the schematics diagram... Anyone can help?
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2014, 06:42 AM   #41
berniw
Rep
Drives: 1 series

With regard to the NBT displaying the wrong model vehicle, how can I change mine from a F31 to F20. An earlier post states change it in HU_NBT FDL but which file in the ECU is this located please ?

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2018, 10:13 AM   #42
HaugF30
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve@codemybimmer View Post
Made some progress after playing around with the coding. Now the trip computer, service menu and vehicle info screens all work flawlessly as if it was from factory. Previously, I also had no communication with KOMBI and now the scroll wheel works fine and the time is fully synchronized.

I honestly did not expect the check control and the service required me to even work but they're all showing up perfectly with my vehicle's data. Efficient dynamics is also working without any problems.

Still not having much luck with the sound though
What did you code to get the steering wheel to function? the scroll button to the right is not working for me.

Also the Oil service Bar is not showing anything.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2022, 06:21 AM   #43
MPowerDZ
Algeria
Rep
Drives: F30 320d

Unhappy

Quote:
Ok thanks to 1lyfe, he got my sound working by connecting the wire that triggers my external amp directly to the fuse box.

Now all that's outstanding is getting the wires from the combox run back to the NBT so I can get the USB port and Bluetooth working.
I'm having the same issue can you help me please ?
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2022, 05:08 PM   #44
LOCKER28
Rep
Drives: BMW 428i Grand Coupe

Quote:

Steve can you explain how and what wires 1lyfe connected to bring sound back. I have changed amps had sound for one drive and none since. Same issue before amp replacement.
Appreciate 0