F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > New Exhaust for F3x 35i from Ragazzon (Italy)
Extreme Powerhouse

11-28-2016, 04:24 PM   #23
mikwinch
Registered
France
Rep
Drives: BMW AH3

By the way Franzzz, correct me if I'm wrong but I noticed that you had a M Performance rear silencer before your Ragazzon.
So can you tell us how was the sound compared to the stock and to your Ragazzon?
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2016, 03:07 AM   #24
franzzz
Captain
Italy
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Yes

But Mperformance 339 model.

On activehybrid Mperformance 339 sound like a stock exhaust on AH3

Ragazzon is three time louder
BMW F82 M4 Black MHD CS Map - GTS DKG - Navi -Performance Brake RSL1 Pads - USB - DivX-DVD - Bluetooth - VoiceControl - Connect - Apps - Online - H&K - TrafficInfo - SpLimInfo - WhiteMerino- PDC - Cam - Adaptive Led - Antitheft - CP Steering- Performance ST - Adaptive CP Setup - GarageDoorOpen - Pipercross - Stock Exhaust - Mdrivers Pack - 437M Wheels
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2016, 03:10 AM   #25
franzzz
Captain
Italy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikwinch View Post
I will go back to my reseller next saturday to check everything but I'm afraid we won't find any solution since the problem is coming from the lack of resonator as you mentioned. I will see if we can adapt the original pipe with the Raggazon rear silencer...

The sport mode is very nice with the new exhaust but my main disappointment is to see that in Eco or Comfort, the vibration are very unpleasant and I'm not sure I could bear them for a long time...

I also had the pleasure to meet Lancelot who is living surprisingly at 5 km from my home. He showed me his nice car and he took me for a little ride around his home. The Akra has a similar sound compared to the Ragazzon but with less vibrations as Lancelot explained above.
I don't know if I will be able to wait for a hypothetical reduction of the vibration...

Meet immediately Lancelot in order to compare Akra and Ragazzon (on 2000 revs.....)

For me try to put Stock Resonator on Ragazzon exhaust or wait the response from Ragazzon in order to create a mid pipe with resonator direct by him
BMW F82 M4 Black MHD CS Map - GTS DKG - Navi -Performance Brake RSL1 Pads - USB - DivX-DVD - Bluetooth - VoiceControl - Connect - Apps - Online - H&K - TrafficInfo - SpLimInfo - WhiteMerino- PDC - Cam - Adaptive Led - Antitheft - CP Steering- Performance ST - Adaptive CP Setup - GarageDoorOpen - Pipercross - Stock Exhaust - Mdrivers Pack - 437M Wheels
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2016, 03:13 AM   #26
Lancelot
Major
France
Rep
Drives: 2017 m550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by franzzz View Post
Meet immediately Lancelot in order to compare Akra and Ragazzon (on 2000 revs.....)

For me try to put Stock Resonator on Ragazzon exhaust or wait the response from Ragazzon in order to create a mid pipe with resonator direct by him
We did meet and indeed I don't have the same vibrations, though I remember it changed over time and took some time to settle, the key being to run the exhaust very hot (e.g. 10-15 min track session) for things to settle down.
      11-29-2016, 03:52 AM   #27
franzzz
Captain
Italy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancelot View Post
We did meet and indeed I don't have the same vibrations, though I remember it changed over time and took some time to settle, the key being to run the exhaust very hot (e.g. 10-15 min track session) for things to settle down.
Ok
The mid pipe Akra is maded by 2 Pipeline.
This reduce the drone on the revs range 1500-2500
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2016, 05:23 AM   #28
franzzz
Captain
Italy
Rep

@mikwinch news ?
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2016, 09:44 AM   #29
mikwinch
Registered
France
Rep
Drives: BMW AH3

Yes, Ragazzon has just proposed me to create a custom midpipe with a resonator...
It could be a good solution!
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2016, 04:36 PM   #30
frackje
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: AH3

I want blurbles on my AH3
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2016, 12:11 PM   #31
franzzz
Captain
Italy
Rep

i want a custom map and Speed delimiter !
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2016, 04:12 AM   #32
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

Quote:
Yes, Ragazzon has just proposed me to create a custom midpipe with a resonator...
It could be a good solution!
If looking for a similar twin pipe midpipe like Akra you could consider Remus - I have one on my m135i with sport cat DP and MPE - sounds superb. Small resonator keeps sport mode drone in check to same levels as stock midpipe

Current '22 X3M LCI..
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2016, 04:04 AM   #33
franzzz
Captain
Italy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee Pee View Post
If looking for a similar twin pipe midpipe like Akra you could consider Remus - I have one on my m135i with sport cat DP and MPE - sounds superb. Small resonator keeps sport mode drone in check to same levels as stock midpipe
https://www.remus.eu/catback-front-s...ve-models.html

Good!
But very expensive

it's 80mm or 76mm like stock ?
Ragazzon Exhaust it's full 80mm From cat to rear

Merry Christmas!
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2016, 03:45 AM   #34
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

Quote:
https://www.remus.eu/catback-front-s...ve-models.html

Good!
But very expensive

it's 80mm or 76mm like stock ?
Ragazzon Exhaust it's full 80mm From cat to rear

Merry Christmas!
Twin tube 65mm per tube

Single 84mm necked to 80mm to suit oem rear box.

Price wise I bought mine off eBay well under list price

Current '22 X3M LCI..
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2016, 08:57 AM   #35
frackje
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: AH3

Quote:
Yes

But Mperformance 339 model.

On activehybrid Mperformance 339 sound like a stock exhaust on AH3

Ragazzon is three time louder
Quote:
By the way Franzzz, correct me if I'm wrong but I noticed that you had a M Performance rear silencer before your Ragazzon.
So can you tell us how was the sound compared to the stock and to your Ragazzon?

Appreciate 0
      12-31-2016, 09:51 AM   #36
franzzz
Captain
Italy
Rep

Good.
Appreciate 0