F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > 2012 335i Nav system resting itself
Studio RSR

02-20-2012, 03:49 PM   #1
mikikuki7
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Searching for X6M or M8

Smile 2012 335i Nav system resting itself

I just got my Melbourne Red this past friday and I can drive the car find, but the radio, computer, nav, restart itself every 2 minutes. I took it to the dealer and they don't know what it might be. They told me to take it tomorrow so they can call BMW in Germany, but I wonder if it is something bad... Can anyone help?
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2012, 04:31 PM   #2
E90Fleet
Lieutenant General
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW

Dont worry, they will find out what is wrong and fix it.
These things happen
      02-20-2012, 05:16 PM   #3
doublevanosrc
Loves his G20
Rep
Drives: 2020 330ix M sport

Garage List
2013 BMW  [0.00]
Sounds like a glitch which is common with computerized systems. Keep us posted.

2020 330ix-Msport
Past-
2013 135i
2011 135i
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2012, 10:28 AM   #4
J Tiberius
Captain
South Korea
Rep
Drives: Imperial Blue Sport Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikikuki7 View Post
I just got my Melbourne Red this past friday and I can drive the car find, but the radio, computer, nav, restart itself every 2 minutes. I took it to the dealer and they don't know what it might be. They told me to take it tomorrow so they can call BMW in Germany, but I wonder if it is something bad... Can anyone help?
This is a bit discouraging, since I thought this problem was fixed in 2010. My 2009 (first year of new and improved iDrive) started having this problem fairly early on, eventually preventing me from using the nav, radio, or any function controlled primarily by iDrive.

Ultimately I had to have the entire iDrive replaced by the dealer due to a fatal error with the CPU. Apparently the Microsoft CE (?) processor in my system was identified as one that was prone to failure and was no longer being used by BMW after MY09. Since the replacement in April of 2010 I've had absolutely no problem with the system. Hopefully yours won't get to that level of crapitude, but any time that system resets without warning and you get that temporary red screen it is usually a sign of something that will get gradually worse. Good luck and please keep us posted (my F30 on order has nav also and I hope this is not going to be a problem again).
      02-21-2012, 05:32 PM   #5
mikikuki7
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I was told today that they got a call from BMW in Germany and that they have to get a "radio head" because it's not working fine, my sales person which is now my friend he is trying everything to help me, i LOVE they car! So, I'm just going to wait, but the start/stop is not working and it's consuming tooooooo much gas! I do have a complain about the service, they scratched my Black Gloss trim! so they are going to change it. oh well... I feel sad tho, It doesn't feel new anymore. ha
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2012, 05:34 PM   #6
justinnum1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i Msport 6mt

Quote:
I was told today that they got a call from BMW in Germany and that they have to get a "radio head" because it's not working fine, my sales person which is now my friend he is trying everything to help me, i LOVE they car! So, I'm just going to wait, but the start/stop is not working and it's consuming tooooooo much gas! I do have a complain about the service, they scratched my Black Gloss trim! so they are going to change it. oh well... I feel sad tho, It doesn't feel new anymore. ha
That sucks
      02-21-2012, 08:49 PM   #7
MacAttackBMW
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 Sport Line - Alpine

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1
Quote:
That sucks
Wow - sorry to hear it man. Look at it this way, if they attempt to fix it 5 times and it's still an issue (even if that takes 12-18 months) it will qualify as a lemon and you can get all of your money back.

That was my experience in California with my E90 related to the turbo issues.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2012, 10:42 PM   #8
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAttackBMW View Post
if they attempt to fix it 5 times and it's still an issue (even if that takes 12-18 months) it will qualify as a lemon and you can get all of your money back.
Depends on the state I guess, it's only 3 times in Hawaii

Note: Many PM me for links to the software needed to code. Please note that I do not have download links to this software. Your best bet is using the search function in the coding thread
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2012, 10:44 PM   #9
justinnum1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i Msport 6mt

3 chances. or more than 30days in the shop

i have had 2 cars lemmoned nice thing about getting a car lemmoned is you then have some equity, was able to get my 530i lemmoned a few years back and got right into a loaded N54 335 with nothing out of pocket, shit they basically gave me 3grand toward the new car leased the 335 for 500 nothing out of my wallet
      02-22-2012, 11:51 PM   #10
mikikuki7
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

nah, i got upset at BMW, told the general manager that I had just paid 55k for the car and i didn't want it because the installation guy scratched the black gloss trim and didn't put the radio back how it was supposed to. So, with that on my side, I told me to switch the car and I got another red one with more options, for 4k more i got a fully loaded 335i im happy now lol.

Oh, and it was going to take 4 weeks to fix it, plus they were going to give me quite a few high performance accessories, but I declined! I just wanted to enjoy my car!
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 07:25 AM   #11
jzcrna
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Quote:
nah, i got upset at BMW, told the general manager that I had just paid 55k for the car and i didn't want it because the installation guy scratched the black gloss trim and didn't put the radio back how it was supposed to. So, with that on my side, I told me to switch the car and I got another red one with more options, for 4k more i got a fully loaded 335i im happy now lol.

Oh, and it was going to take 4 weeks to fix it, plus they were going to give me quite a few high performance accessories, but I declined! I just wanted to enjoy my car!
Way to go!! They did the right think and Im sure that you are more than ecstatic. As I have grown older I simply do not take poor customer service or no for an answer. Great job, enjoy your car.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 09:50 AM   #12
E90Fleet
Lieutenant General
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:

Good to see your are happy.

Unfortunately these things happen with new systems, but im glad the dealer sorted you out properly with a new car.