F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Help - Cruise Control no longer working
proTUNING Freaks

05-28-2016, 04:03 PM   #1
Darkman10
Rep
Drives: 2014 F30

Help - Cruise Control no longer working

Hey guys,

I'm pretty new to coding, as I've only had my car for a few months, at first I learned how to VO code, and then I started learning about flashing ECU's, and I decided to try it out the other day, just to upgrade the firmware, honestly I don't know what I was trying to accomplish. I flashed the BKOMBI and HU_ENTRY ECU's using the full 58.3 psdzdata I had downloaded earlier this week. Now, as far as I have noticed in the past few days, the only thing that doesn't work is my cruise control. Whenever I try to activate cruise control using the buttons on the steering wheel, it just hovers right over the 20MPH mark on the speedometer and when I try to set my cruise control, I get the "Cruise control cannot be activated" message, and I've even gotten a "cruise control malfunction" error to pop up a few times. I've gone back and tried flashing the ECU again, because I think its the BKOMBI ECU that's giving me this problem, but that, and a few other ECUs no longer show up in the TAL-Processing menu on ESYS.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, hopefully I can get my cruise control working again before I get pulled over for speeding. Thanks guys
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2016, 04:35 PM   #2
mightycrown
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: f31 320d black sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman10 View Post
Hey guys,

I'm pretty new to coding, as I've only had my car for a few months, at first I learned how to VO code, and then I started learning about flashing ECU's, and I decided to try it out the other day, just to upgrade the firmware, honestly I don't know what I was trying to accomplish. I flashed the BKOMBI and HU_ENTRY ECU's using the full 58.3 psdzdata I had downloaded earlier this week. Now, as far as I have noticed in the past few days, the only thing that doesn't work is my cruise control. Whenever I try to activate cruise control using the buttons on the steering wheel, it just hovers right over the 20MPH mark on the speedometer and when I try to set my cruise control, I get the "Cruise control cannot be activated" message, and I've even gotten a "cruise control malfunction" error to pop up a few times. I've gone back and tried flashing the ECU again, because I think its the BKOMBI ECU that's giving me this problem, but that, and a few other ECUs no longer show up in the TAL-Processing menu on ESYS.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, hopefully I can get my cruise control working again before I get pulled over for speeding. Thanks guys
Good to know that i am not the only person messed it up
I think this has to do with firmware incompatibility. When I read error code with ISTA.,I got a flexray checksum error. Probably FEM module needs to be upgraded. I will try to upgrade those and let you know. Do you have any retrofitted stuff?
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2016, 04:37 PM   #3
Darkman10
Rep

No, my car is completely stock, I only got into coding to enable Bluetooth audio, since it wasn't enabled from factory.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2016, 04:39 PM   #4
mightycrown
Private First Class
Rep

Do you have access to ISTA? See if you get that error
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2016, 04:42 PM   #5
Darkman10
Rep

I'll check it out when I get home from work tonight. Where could I find a download for it?
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2016, 05:19 PM   #6
mightycrown
Private First Class
Rep

You will find it over cartechnology.com
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2016, 04:34 PM   #7
mightycrown
Private First Class
Rep

Just want to report back. You will have to flash fem rem femgw cus they are dependent with each other. I d recommend you to get ISTA, you need it to initialize some module and clear faulty code
Appreciate 1
      06-01-2016, 11:02 AM   #8
Darkman10
Rep

Awesome, I finally have my cruise control back, I'm having trouble installing ISTA though, but I'll do some more research about it to figure it out. Thanks mightycrown!
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2016, 12:09 PM   #9
ttxuky
Spain
Rep
Drives: bmw f30 316d

Quote:
Awesome, I finally have my cruise control back, I'm having trouble installing ISTA though, but I'll do some more research about it to figure it out. Thanks mightycrown!
How do you get it working again cruise control? I retrofitted 6wa and is giving me the same problem!
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2016, 12:19 PM   #10
Darkman10
Rep

All I did was flash the fem body, rem, and femgw, and my cruise control started working again, for some reason my rear windows don't roll up automatically, but I haven't really had the time to figure out how to fix it.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2016, 02:00 PM   #11
mightycrown
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
All I did was flash the fem body, rem, and femgw, and my cruise control started working again, for some reason my rear windows don't roll up automatically, but I haven't really had the time to figure out how to fix it.
You gotta initialize fem. you can find the procedure in Ista
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2016, 07:48 AM   #12
Coolala
Private First Class
Japan
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30

Hello, I encountered problem while flashing 6WA kombi. Hope you can get me out.

I used Esys 59.0 full version + ENET cable for flashing 6WA Kombi. Flashing problem doesn’t really happen and ended in 2s. I used the “kombi flashing guide” download for reference. All SVT_IST, SVT_SOLL, newTAL files are created without problem. blFlash, swDeploy, cdDeploy, ibaDeploy are checked correctly.

Firstly, it prompts that (when I have both update VCM and update MSM options unchecked):

VCM Update: VCM-Update is deactivated. VCM will not be updated.
ExcecutionID=2016/12/30 …………
TAL-Execution finished with status: “Finished”.
TAL execution finished. Duration” “2s”.

then nth happened….flashing doesn’t start as expected.

Then I have both update VCM and update MSM options checked. Update VCM and MSM actions are completed in 2s and then nth happen again….flashing doesn’t started.

The new 6WA kombi was produced in April 2016, I chose I-Step Shipment of March 2016. Since it is a retrofitted item, I flash it with modified FA (included 6WA in option list) Isn't that bcoz no newer firmware update available then no flashing started???

What’s wrong? Any suggestions are welcome!
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2016, 07:54 PM   #13
Coolala
Private First Class
Japan
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30

Problem solved
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2018, 04:01 PM   #14
Fathman
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Bmw 320d

Quote:
Hey guys,

So I've got the same issue. All I did was add the Bluetooth audio FA/VO code. I don't remember flashing any ecu's though I've now lost cruise control function and shift point indicator only works at 1-2 gear. The cruise works when I press accelator pedal together with the speed up button but once I reach the cruise set speed it stop and when I try to use the cruise speed up button it prompts with cannot activate.
Appreciate 0