F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Dinan Stage 1 B58 Los Angeles Area Install Recommendations
ARMA SPEED

11-30-2017, 07:28 PM   #1
vindeezy
Rep
Drives: 340i Glacier Silver Metallic

Dinan Stage 1 B58 Los Angeles Area Install Recommendations

Hey guys,

Just ordered Dinan Stage 1 from Dinan website. Super excited to get this thing on board. Looking for a place that can install it for me in LA area. Apparently Center BMW in Sherman Oaks is Dinan Authorized and they straight up told me they won't install it unless i bought it from them. Few days ago, someone else told me they would even if I didn't buy it from them.....

Also, McKenna BMW is Dinan is authorized as well, but they seemed to have no clue about the product. Any ideas? I just want it installed buy a reputable place (prefer dealer) that will do a good job and make sure to be backed by BMW warranty. I know this product won't voice factory warranty, but still prefer to be done by a BMW dealer unless other options are just as reliable.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2017, 10:40 AM   #2
vindeezy
Rep
Drives: 340i Glacier Silver Metallic

bump
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2017, 11:34 AM   #3
G.Newt
Major
Rep
Drives: CT4-V Blackwing 6MT

Is installing it yourself not an option? I believe the self-installation doesn't void the warranty either unless they can prove you executed a faulty installation and caused something to break.
DAW v2.5 turbo E40 | Dorch S2 | VRSF DP | MST intake | AWE catback | 335is clutch | CSF heat exchanger | RK Autowerks intake manifold | Orange M Perf Brake Kit | KW Street Comfort coilovers | GTS taillights V2
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2017, 01:51 PM   #4
Beek
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Most folks crazy.

First off I'd complain to Dinan about the Sherman Oaks dealer, it's BS they won't install the part unless they can make a markup on the part sale. Perhaps before filing the complaint you should confirm with someone in management at the Sherman Oaks dealer this is in fact company policy and not a random decision made by a service adviser, also politely let them know you plan to file a complaint with Dinan. They've no business being a Dinan authorized dealer if they won't install Dinan parts. Also just because the service adviser at the McKenna dealer didn't know about the product doesn't mean their tech won't know how to install it properly. Most of us enthusiasts have more product knowledge about our own car's than many employee's of the dealerships ever will, the simple fact we can specialize on one particular year and model where they are trying to keep up with all the changes on all the different years and models give's us an advantage. October 2016 my local dealer didn't know what MPPSK was but wanted to charge me $6000 for it installed, other dealer in town got the sale and not for no 6K. I do try to reward knowledge and punish ignorance when ever possible. Good luck getting it installed and keep us posted on how it performs for you.

Last edited by Beek; 12-01-2017 at 01:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2017, 02:46 AM   #5
StockLOL
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i MPPSK

I will do the same thing you are doing after I get my 340 in about a month or so. Have it on order from Bob Smith in Calabasas. In Orange County it says Sterling BMW is authorized dealer but I’d also like to go somewhere that’s done these installs few times before! Let us know where you go and how it works out. And your thoughts on the tune of course!
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2017, 10:10 AM   #6
Chicken_Joe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 335i M Sport. EB 6M

Terry at BMS is a good installer.... wait.....
13' 335i M Sport. EBII/Coral Red 6MT. RPI GT exhaust, Resonator delete, PS1, GFB DV , BM3 Stage 2, ER CP, VRSF DP, VRSF 5.5in Stepped FMIC, Dinan Shockware. Carbon M Performance rear diffuser. M4 trunk lip. Conti DWS06 225/40/19 and 255/35/19
Appreciate 1
eluded3005.00
      12-06-2017, 10:21 AM   #7
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by StockLOL View Post
I will do the same thing you are doing after I get my 340 in about a month or so. Have it on order from Bob Smith in Calabasas. In Orange County it says Sterling BMW is authorized dealer but I’d also like to go somewhere that’s done these installs few times before! Let us know where you go and how it works out. And your thoughts on the tune of course!
Avoid Sterling service at all costs....
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2017, 01:57 AM   #8
eluded
2JZ-GTE
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: 340 6MT, 50e, others

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken_Joe View Post
Terry at BMS is a good installer.... wait.....
Listen to the chicken
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2017, 06:27 PM   #9
StockLOL
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eluded View Post
Listen to the chicken
We don't want to void our warranty on our new cars though. Dinan is like OEM+. I feel like the Dinan tune is safer for us in California with 91 fuel and probably easier on our engines. I plan on keeping my car for 5 years or longer so don't want to stress it too much.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2017, 10:42 AM   #10
Chicken_Joe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Listen to the chicken
We don't want to void our warranty on our new cars though. Dinan is like OEM+. I feel like the Dinan tune is safer for us in California with 91 fuel and probably easier on our engines. I plan on keeping my car for 5 years or longer so don't want to stress it too much.
Alright so I'll be the first person to tell you that a BMS product will not void you warranty depending on your dealer. I have a 2013 M Sport 35i with basically every mod aside from meth, turbo and PI. I brought it to the dealer all the time for regular factory warranty service and when that was about to expire I purchased another extended warranty for the car and Still bring it on for service. It all boils down to your service advisor and how cool they are. I actually had a faulty transmission and had to have my gearbox replaced due to a stripped second gear synchro and I dropped the car off, JB4 and All and had them change my tranny for me. It's ALL ANOUT THE SERVICE ADVISOR and how cool your dealership is. Just ask Your SA and find the one that is right for you and poke and prod about modifications other than Dinan.
13' 335i M Sport. EBII/Coral Red 6MT. RPI GT exhaust, Resonator delete, PS1, GFB DV , BM3 Stage 2, ER CP, VRSF DP, VRSF 5.5in Stepped FMIC, Dinan Shockware. Carbon M Performance rear diffuser. M4 trunk lip. Conti DWS06 225/40/19 and 255/35/19
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2017, 11:36 PM   #11
goj
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 EBII 340i 6-MT

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Listen to the chicken
Alright so I'll be the first person to tell you that a BMS product will not void you warranty depending on your dealer. I have a 2013 M Sport 35i with basically every mod aside from meth, turbo and PI. I brought it to the dealer all the time for regular factory warranty service and when that was about to expire I purchased another extended warranty for the car and Still bring it on for service. It all boils down to your service advisor and how cool they are. I actually had a faulty transmission and had to have my gearbox replaced due to a stripped second gear synchro and I dropped the car off, JB4 and All and had them change my tranny for me. It's ALL ANOUT THE SERVICE ADVISOR and how cool your dealership is. Just ask Your SA and find the one that is right for you and poke and prod about modifications other than Dinan.
1. Jb4 will not pass CA emissions test
2. Your synchro issue is a known issue so they wouldn't attribute it to the modifications
3. Some people want peace of mind when doing this type of stuff that they spent a lot of money on.
4. You realize a "cool" SA is not who works on your car and flags it for a tune. It's the techs working on it, I guarantee your car is flagged
BMW CCA Member #516012
2016 340i, Estoril Blue, Manual Transmission, MPE, MPBBK, HRE FF04
Instagram: @brandons340i
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2017, 11:06 AM   #12
Chicken_Joe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by goj View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Listen to the chicken
2. Your synchro issue is a known issue so they wouldn't attribute it to the modifications
3. Some people want peace of mind when doing this type of stuff that they spent a lot of money on.
4. You realize a "cool" SA is not who works on your car and flags it for a tune. It's the techs working on it, I guarantee your car is flagged
Ok Dad
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2017, 12:05 PM   #13
goj
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 EBII 340i 6-MT

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Listen to the chicken
Ok Dad
You're spreading false information:
BMW CCA Member #516012
2016 340i, Estoril Blue, Manual Transmission, MPE, MPBBK, HRE FF04
Instagram: @brandons340i
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2017, 02:49 PM   #14
StockLOL
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
The great thing about Dinan and having it installed by an authorized BMW Dinan dealer is should there be an issue with the car it’s between the dealer and Dinan not yourself and BMW or Dinan/Burger.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2017, 03:06 PM   #15
FutureHendr1x
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 335 Msport

isnt that a simple install like the jb stage 1? to easy
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2017, 06:26 PM   #16
Chicken_Joe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Listen to the chicken
Ok Dad
You're spreading false information:
Are you talking to me?
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2017, 02:10 AM   #17
goodNIGHT
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

AutoHaus Frankfurt in Murrieta is highly thought of. Dinan service dealer as well.

Good luck with the install
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2018, 07:59 PM   #18
3ToAgree
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: NA

Quote:
Got mine done along with Dinan exhaust and midpipe. It's a big jump and will slam you against the back of your seat My BMW authorized Dinan dealer only charged 1.5 hours labor, FYI.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2018, 06:13 PM   #19
mitchellm
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw 340i x drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejn1 View Post
Got mine done along with Dinan exhaust and midpipe. It's a big jump and will slam you against the back of your seat My BMW authorized Dinan dealer only charged 1.5 hours labor, FYI.
I concur! I have Dinan tune, exhaust and midpipe on my 340i xdrive. Its transformed the car! Just waiting for the intake and stage 2 software to come out
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2018, 10:25 PM   #20
3ToAgree
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: NA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellm View Post
I concur! I have Dinan tune, exhaust and midpipe on my 340i xdrive. Its transformed the car! Just waiting for the intake and stage 2 software to come out
Any idea when stage 2 is coming out?
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2018, 07:49 AM   #21
BMW in NE
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340 xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Newt View Post
Is installing it yourself not an option? I believe the self-installation doesn't void the warranty either unless they can prove you executed a faulty installation and caused something to break.
This is true! I installed my Dinan S2 on my 335 myself. When I first installed I would get drivetrain errors, so I thought I might have installed incorrectly. I brought it to the dealer and told them I self installed the Dinan and now I was having these issues. They contacted Dinan and found out that there was a software upgrade they needed to do to the Dinan control module. The dealer flashed it and the error was gone. Everything was covered by Dinan.

I just bought the S1 for my new 340 and looks like it's so much easier to install. If you can unplug/plug sensors yourself I wouldn't worry about paying a dealer to do it. Inside the box there's a web site where you have to register your VIN with Dinan (don't forget this).
Appreciate 0