F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > Pics: Front LED Turn Singnals that match the Angel eyes
ARMA SPEED

12-30-2012, 05:44 PM   #1
UndergroundEuros
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335I Alphina White

Hey Guys, I just wanted to share what we just did for a customer today.
We Used a Led Plasma Bulb that we manufacture that was a 1156 and modified it to work on the F30 front turn signal. We also tested a bunch of bulbs we had and we found one that matches the angel eyes to the tee. Here are pictures to show it off.
We only have a few sets in stock. We Will be ordering more after the first of the year.
Price is $50.00 for the Pair.
you can purchase them here:
http://www.****************.com/prod...1#.UR6Rfny9KSM

Appreciate 0
      12-30-2012, 07:12 PM   #2
rxander
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 Alpine White

in for 1. On paper sounds brighter than the cheap xtec ones (color mismatch). I also bought some JDM ones that were slightly more blue hue but gave me an error.

Will report back my results.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2012, 07:13 PM   #3
UndergroundEuros
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxander
in for 1. On paper sounds brighter than the cheap xtec ones (color mismatch). I also bought some JDM ones that were slightly more blue hue but gave me an error.

Will report back my results.
Alright sounds great. I will ship it out tomorrow.
Danny
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2012, 12:58 AM   #4
RollingLower42
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 335I

Garage List
I think I am in for a pair too.

I am looking for something that is more "White" than blue. I have some bulbs in from another company, and I like them, but they are extremely blue. I figured I should change them out soon. These look like a great substitute.

Are these on the whiter side? Or bluer side?
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2012, 02:34 AM   #5
henryeeex
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i

Any problems with random blinking like the one noted in this thread?

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showpo...0&postcount=49
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2012, 07:10 AM   #6
UndergroundEuros
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingLower420
I think I am in for a pair too.

I am looking for something that is more "White" than blue. I have some bulbs in from another company, and I like them, but they are extremely blue. I figured I should change them out soon. These look like a great substitute.

Are these on the whiter side? Or bluer side?
This kit we have to offer is white, for those that want bluer we have those as well.
Pm us.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2012, 07:11 AM   #7
UndergroundEuros
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryX
Any problems with random blinking like the one noted in this thread?

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showpo...0&postcount=49
Only blinking issue we see is when you start the car they flash for 3 to 5 seconds, that's any led bulb you put in a bmw that's after market. The reason for that is when you start the car, the car doesn't realize the bulb is canbus until the signal is sent which is about 3 to 5 seconds.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2012, 10:46 AM   #8
Joshhleee
///M Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 F30, '15 x5 5.0, '15 M4,M5

looks really good, going to wait for some feedback first.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2012, 11:39 AM   #9
Alex@ONEighty
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 CZP 6MT

Not a fan of white led turn signal
bulbs, prefer just coding out the oem bulbs... But I have to admit those look really nice
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 03:07 PM   #10
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by **************** View Post
Only blinking issue we see is when you start the car they flash for 3 to 5 seconds, that's any led bulb you put in a bmw that's after market. The reason for that is when you start the car, the car doesn't realize the bulb is canbus until the signal is sent which is about 3 to 5 seconds.
Did you check this with engine running AND lights turned off, and stared at it for at least 5 minutes? (could be checked during day or night but it's probably best to do when it's darker, easier to see).

It's not a blink that makes the light turn off, it turns the light on, so you can only check this without the sidemarkers on (hence you need to either have your car coded to have no sidemarkers or simply look without headlights turned on)

It might not be that visible during the day but it's very noticeable at night. Especially if one has turned the sidemarkers off on their car.

I have tried several LED's up front and back and all the canbus LED's I tried blinked at least once every few minutes.

I actually got tired of trying and replaced my LED's for regular white bulbs last week but am thinking to go back to chrome amber bulbs because the bright white bulbs just don't cut it.

Edit: it seems someone actually has a fix for the LED blinking through coding, it's listed on page 69/70... I haven't verified it yet if it works, did send a PM to the one who found out about it, but if that works it might solve all problems

Note: Many PM me for links to the software needed to code. Please note that I do not have download links to this software. Your best bet is using the search function in the coding thread

Last edited by svache; 01-06-2013 at 03:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 07:23 PM   #11
UndergroundEuros
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by svache
Quote:
Did you check this with engine running AND lights turned off, and stared at it for at least 5 minutes? (could be checked during day or night but it's probably best to do when it's darker, easier to see).

It's not a blink that makes the light turn off, it turns the light on, so you can only check this without the sidemarkers on (hence you need to either have your car coded to have no sidemarkers or simply look without headlights turned on)

It might not be that visible during the day but it's very noticeable at night. Especially if one has turned the sidemarkers off on their car.

I have tried several LED's up front and back and all the canbus LED's I tried blinked at least once every few minutes.

I actually got tired of trying and replaced my LED's for regular white bulbs last week but am thinking to go back to chrome amber bulbs because the bright white bulbs just don't cut it.

Edit: it seems someone actually has a fix for the LED blinking through coding, it's listed on page 69/70... I haven't verified it yet if it works, did send a PM to the one who found out about it, but if that works it might solve all problems
We sold a few of these and no customer has complained about issues with them flickering.
But if you are looking for 100 percent oem then you should buy after market and deal with your oem stuff, as nothing after market is perfect...
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 07:42 PM   #12
Who?
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: F87 LCI

looks awesome, but are they legal?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 07:56 PM   #13
AWMSPORT
1ST CLASS AWMSPORT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' 328 MSPORT

Garage List
http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=788679

Hey...im the customer and I Love them! We tried the other white ones that I thought matched but they were a completely different color* so Plasma Led is the way to go!

MAJOR THANKS TO DANNY AT UNDERGROUND! Very honest ,n nice person , and businessman! You deal with him you will be happy! way that thread us to my post in the Florida thread .more pics. Will get night pics

Thank you again.
'13 328i MSport, AW, Black Dakota leather, Premium Pkg, xenons, ///M Perf, side skirts,Front Lip, Fully coded, CF roundels, Matt Black Grillz, Painted reflectors (front & rear) Smoked tail lights, Plazma l.E.D White PY27W front turn signal,trunk spoiler, Matt Black roof, 8K D1S HID,Custom Exhaust,!
Soon:
JB4,DP,H&R sports,rear diff,!
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 10:38 PM   #14
Teemo Panda
*Bimmerpost Plasti Dip Guru*
United_States
Rep
Drives: E53, E46-M3, E70, F25-X3

Garage List
2013 BMW X3  [5.66]
Awesome, btw in the website you guys provided for the bulbs, it said no error guarantee lol~
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 03:26 AM   #15
AWMSPORT
1ST CLASS AWMSPORT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' 328 MSPORT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teemo Panda View Post
Awesome, btw in the website you guys provided for the bulbs, it said no error guarantee lol~
I have o error codes, no hyper flash , just the flickering on startup...but that is not a concern forme
'13 328i MSport, AW, Black Dakota leather, Premium Pkg, xenons, ///M Perf, side skirts,Front Lip, Fully coded, CF roundels, Matt Black Grillz, Painted reflectors (front & rear) Smoked tail lights, Plazma l.E.D White PY27W front turn signal,trunk spoiler, Matt Black roof, 8K D1S HID,Custom Exhaust,!
Soon:
JB4,DP,H&R sports,rear diff,!
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 04:14 PM   #16
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
We sold a few of these and no customer has complained about issues with them flickering.
But if you are looking for 100 percent oem then you should buy after market and deal with your oem stuff, as nothing after market is perfect...
Did you ask them to look for it? It happens just once every 2-5 minutes. I noticed it the first time by accident because I was sitting in my car in complete darkness with the lights almost touching a wall so it would reflect right away. After this I've been looking at other lights, on my car but also on others, and every single one had the same problem.

However, like said, someone did find some coding and I tried it out yesterday.. there's no flickering anymore. The blinks at the start of the car are gone and so are the ones later on.

In order to remove the blinks, 3 settings per light need to be changed. A cold temperature check, a warm temperature check and a setting to tell the car it is actually LED installed instead of a bulb. Once these three settings are changed, all blinking is gone. It makes sense, the cold temp check is done when the car starts, the warm when the car is running (and it probably does this on a certain interval) and the LED setting speaks for itself

Note: Many PM me for links to the software needed to code. Please note that I do not have download links to this software. Your best bet is using the search function in the coding thread
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 04:15 PM   #17
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SG335SPT View Post
I have o error codes, no hyper flash , just the flickering on startup...but that is not a concern forme
Chances are likely that you also have it when your car is running but you probably didn't notice it yet. It actually takes a 5 minute stare at a single light to make sure it is not there. It happens quite fast and hardly noticeable during the day, but really noticeable during the night (I drove behind my own car recently which is why I switched back to normal bulbs.. only since yesterday I switched back because of the coding fix)

Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 04:31 PM   #18
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbmwuser View Post
looks awesome, but are they legal?
As for them being LED's, yes they are legal, provided that they are bright enough (and these seem bright enough), I don't see why not. Only thing that may make a difference (but they would have to take them out and actually know a thing or two about the car how it is delivered and such) is that the LED's are probably not DOT approved which in my own state (I don't know if it is anywhere else like this) not legal. Anything has to say it's DOT approved or we're not allowed to have it over here, but that could be different in your state.

There's only two concerns imho:

1 - It may vary per state if it is legal to have white turn signals instead of amber turn signals (in most states it is legal but I can't say if it is legal for all states).

2 - It is not legal in the US to have no amber markers. Seeing how the turn signals share their functionality with the markers on the 3 series, it is technically not legal to have white ones.

Having said that, I have been driving without front markers ever since I first coded my car and many police officers have seen it, yet none has actually mentioned it to me *knocks on wood*. Same goes for the time I drove around with white turn signals. I once saw an officer look at it from his vehicle but he never said anything about it. I think it is a bit of a non issue, it probably only is an issue when one of the officers is in a very bad mood or when you have to bring your car down for inspection (if you have that in your state).

My personal thought is, if you like how it looks, just get it and don't worry too much about it

Edit: I just noticed you're from Melbourne so obviously what I said mostly does not apply to you haha.. change where I say "state" īnto "country" and it probably makes more sense but still, I couldn't give you a complete answer since I don't know what the laws in your country are.

Appreciate 0
      01-11-2013, 07:07 AM   #19
ocso1606
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i M

Garage List
2007 BMW 525xi  [0.00]
2010 Volvo  [0.00]
2013 BMW 335i M-Sport  [0.00]
Looks great
      01-14-2013, 09:34 PM   #20
RAWWWB
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i

Just ordered mine a few days ago, but received an email back saying that they are on back order. Hope to have them soon! They look killer, thanks for posting this thread!
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2013, 07:50 AM   #21
UndergroundEuros
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAWWWB
Just ordered mine a few days ago, but received an email back saying that they are on back order. Hope to have them soon! They look killer, thanks for posting this thread!
We should have them in stock tomorrow.
Danny
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2013, 03:54 PM   #22
echangf30
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14' F30 MSport 335xi

can you get me some bulbs too??? can you please message me and tell me the cost?

thanks
Appreciate 0