F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > New software update for N55 DME?
proTUNING Freaks

10-14-2014, 02:53 PM   #23
aacabriolet
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '14 435i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio72 View Post
Today I updated my 435i software.
I have to wait for auto-adaptation, but I already noticed something:
- the bug of the double-shift wasn't solved
- the kickdown seems even faster than before!
- steering wheel seems heavier. Before updating the feeling was good (not as an hydraulic steering, but good), but now it seems better;
- I feel that setup of EDC in Sport is a little bit stiffer, but I have to drive the car again tom the right street o be sure
Talking about double shift, I had a bug the other day where I was manually shifting up gears from M1,to M2, then to M3 (I had one hand on the steering wheel), and then all of a sudden it downshifts while im upshifting.

On the shift from M2 > M3, it decides to shift up to M3 and then immediately downshift again to M2, car is redlining for a couple of seconds while I figure out what is going on and quickly take it out of manual shift. Very odd. Could not replicate when I tried. I wasn't hitting the kickdown either.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2014, 03:49 PM   #24
Gio72
Captain
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by aacabriolet View Post
Talking about double shift, I had a bug the other day where I was manually shifting up gears from M1,to M2, then to M3 (I had one hand on the steering wheel), and then all of a sudden it downshifts while im upshifting.

On the shift from M2 > M3, it decides to shift up to M3 and then immediately downshift again to M2, car is redlining for a couple of seconds while I figure out what is going on and quickly take it out of manual shift. Very odd. Could not replicate when I tried. I wasn't hitting the kickdown either.
Even odder than my double-shift, that happens only in M/Confort or M/Sport when shifting 1º-2º and 2º-3º over than 6000rpm: after manually shifting up, the step shifts again up immediately by himself...

Said that, I would like to inform you about what codes appear in the hidden menù ("01 - Identification") after updating software:

- Conv.index 46406
- SWFL 1080000110E0263D6
- HMI version 01.05.0F

Then there's also the VIN code that everybody knows what is for.

As far as I know, for F33 435i, after updating, the code are the same except for letter F instead of E in the SWFL code (I think it refers to the model F32 or F33).

Anybody knows how to understand those codes?
      10-25-2014, 10:47 PM   #25
Jerich0
Love to Drive
Rep
Drives: X4 & M4

Guys how do you get your dealer to do the DME update? You just walk in and ask for it?

How long does it normally take?

Also, could this be the cure for all the limp modes that are being reported?

Thanks!
JC
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2014, 11:50 PM   #26
btbossman
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335xi M sport--2014 M6

I just had my 335xi m sport w/ DHP updated 2 days ago. what I have noticed

- Steering is more precise. As in I move the wheel less to put the car where I need her to be
-Steering heft has not changed AT ALL...I did measurements of poundage required to move the wheel in 3 conditions before and after and ZERO MEASURABLE CHANGE
-The shift issues with skipping a gear in S+ S are not resolved
- Shifts seem really good, a tad quicker then before perhaps.

IMO if you have your car coded, and dont specifically want ASS disabled dont bother with the update
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2014, 02:45 AM   #27
Gio72
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by btbossman View Post
I just had my 335xi m sport w/ DHP updated 2 days ago. what I have noticed

- Steering is more precise. As in I move the wheel less to put the car where I need her to be
-Steering heft has not changed AT ALL...I did measurements of poundage required to move the wheel in 3 conditions before and after and ZERO MEASURABLE CHANGE
-The shift issues with skipping a gear in S+ S are not resolved
- Shifts seem really good, a tad quicker then before perhaps.

IMO if you have your car coded, and dont specifically want ASS disabled dont bother with the update
Issues with skipping gear in S+ S?
What do you mean? My issues are in skipping gear in M/Confort and M/Sport, in M/Sport+ is all perfect.
About update, me and a friend of mine, both with 435i MPPK, have noticed little improvements in steering, but more steering heft too (maybe it's different for the coupe) and some little change also in the stiffness of adaptive dumpers in Sport mode.
I confirm an improvement in shifts and also the engine seems a little more brilliant over 4500rpm (but I'm talking about sensations).
The shifting issue are not resolved
BTW, anybody knows how to verify the software version? In the hidden menù under the item "01 - Identification", line SWFL?
      10-26-2014, 02:50 AM   #28
Gio72
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerich0 View Post
Guys how do you get your dealer to do the DME update? You just walk in and ask for it?

How long does it normally take?

Also, could this be the cure for all the limp modes that are being reported?

Thanks!
JC
- it depends on your dealer... I just asked
- 1,5 hours
- I don't know. I had only one limp when, after a intensive pull, I put on EcoPro and the fuel light turned on...
      10-26-2014, 08:32 AM   #29
btbossman
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335xi M sport--2014 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio72 View Post
Issues with skipping gear in S+ S?
What do you mean? My issues are in skipping gear in M/Confort and M/Sport, in M/Sport+ is all perfect.
About update, me and a friend of mine, both with 435i MPPK, have noticed little improvements in steering, but more steering heft too (maybe it's different for the coupe) and some little change also in the stiffness of adaptive dumpers in Sport mode.
I confirm an improvement in shifts and also the engine seems a little more brilliant over 4500rpm (but I'm talking about sensations).
The shifting issue are not resolved
BTW, anybody knows how to verify the software version? In the hidden menù under the item "01 - Identification", line SWFL?
Yeah you're right its M mode in C or S, only reason I experienced it was cause I had a limp yesterday, and the settings were changed, first time I had done it( as i only drive the car in S+ manual) I guess when I turned the car back on I was in comfort M. It was surely weird. I pulled hard and shifted to 2nd, then Immediately a blip to 3rd.
Appreciate 0