F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Does the car automatically brake to avoid a collission
GetBMWParts

10-04-2012, 05:43 AM   #23
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossifumi View Post
I have M sport and ACC.

I get a warning (Red car in HUD and display) when the system is concerned but it doesn't brake, maybe it will if the crash is unavoidable.

If the cruise is active it brakes some, but wants me to brake harder by flashing the icon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
Available in Europe on M Sport, as I have it on mine (still waiting for car), only available on Auto.
Interesting. In the US, we can't get ACC + Msport. I failed to notice the OP is in Switzerland.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 06:03 AM   #24
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: E91 318d

Quote:
Interested to know what happens if you ignore the flashing icon, will it up the brake pressure?
Don't get me wrong. If you have the ACC active and someone cuts in front of you it brakes quite hard. But it still warns the driver and wants the driver to brake even harder.

It is quite annoying sometimes when there is a lot of traffic and if someone cuts in front of you it sometimes brakes quite abrupt whereas I (the driver) would only lift the foot of the accelerator or apply some slight brake pressure in the same situation. Especially if you have your distance set to a greater distance than necessary.

But I won't try not to brake when there is a BIG RED CAR in my HUD and the car tells me we are about to crash to try what happens!
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 06:32 AM   #25
MaestroAl
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335xD

Quote:
Interested to know what happens if you ignore the flashing icon, will it up the brake pressure?
Who's gonna try that?!?!
      10-04-2012, 06:47 AM   #26
jsedlak
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 335i 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1cksh00sbrah View Post
OP please don't take offense to this.

Is anyone else terrified of drivers becoming over-reliant on technology? I'm genuinely afraid that one day I will be in a terrible accident because somebody's car "Forgot to brake". Virtually all software has malfunctions or bugs...To see a complaint about a car beeping while it parks itself kind of signals the beginning of the end in my mind :/ I hope I'm not crazy.
While I agree, I think the chances of being hit by someone not paying attention are much, much higher.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 06:52 AM   #27
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaestroAl View Post
Who's gonna try that?!?!
Not me, that's why I was asking Rossifumi
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 06:55 AM   #28
Vitoco
Infidel
Rep
Drives: iX3 LCI M Pro Carbon B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossifumi View Post
It is quite annoying sometimes when there is a lot of traffic and if someone cuts in front of you it sometimes brakes quite abrupt whereas I (the driver) would only lift the foot of the accelerator or apply some slight brake pressure in the same situation. Especially if you have your distance set to a greater distance than necessary.
Please share some more of your thoughts and experiences of the system, would really like input from someone with real life daily experience of it. Any weird behaviour in specific situations? HavenŽt tried it or seen it in action myself but my car is here any day now, so IŽll soon be it out on the freeway .

Former: Glacier Ag. F31 328iA RWD M Sport oct. 2012, sold July 2022
| Sport Automatic | Adap. M Susp. | Pano. Moonroof | 20" ATS Racelight Grey w. Michelin PSS| M Sport brakes | Harman Kardon | Elec. Seats | PDC F&R | ACC Stop&Go | 335i MPE | Perf. Parts |
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 06:56 AM   #29
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

You can see the day when cars communicate to each other as to what is going on, and these auto driving systems become very advanced.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 07:22 AM   #30
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: E91 318d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitoco View Post
Please share some more of your thoughts and experiences of the system, would really like input from someone with real life daily experience of it. Any weird behaviour in specific situations? HavenŽt tried it or seen it in action myself but my car is here any day now, so IŽll soon be it out on the freeway .
I'll send you a PM in Swedish.
Appreciate 0