F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > X3 3.0d M Sport
proTUNING Freaks

05-20-2018, 12:36 PM   #67
Isow
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
I've got this beauty for the whole day on a demo!

Initial impressions are its bloody lovely and handles much better than a G31 5 series! And definitely better than a standard 335D!

Road and wind noise seems no better than my 3 series though so I guess this one doesn't have the acoustic glazing
Do you think you could have heard more road and wind noise because of
the Panoramic roof ?
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2018, 01:07 PM   #68
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isow View Post
Quote:
I've got this beauty for the whole day on a demo!

Initial impressions are its bloody lovely and handles much better than a G31 5 series! And definitely better than a standard 335D!

Road and wind noise seems no better than my 3 series though so I guess this one doesn't have the acoustic glazing
Do you think you could have heard more road and wind noise because of
the Panoramic roof ?
I doubt it, I had the cover closed.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2018, 02:02 PM   #69
Isow
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G20 330i MSport

Quote:
I doubt it, I had the cover closed.
OK, good to know.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2018, 02:09 PM   #70
TouringPleb
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: SRB 440i GC

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottC25 View Post
If this means that a 540d or X340d is likely to happen then I think I'll wait a while.....
There’s no 540d (except the US one which is just a rebadged 530d), the M550d has been out in europe for a while, but looks unlikely to come hear. This is likely due to the tiny number of 535dkd that were sold.

The 335d has been so popular that I doubt we won’t get the M340d
I don't know any sales figures but I always thought the 535d has sold comparatively well over here. Or maybe that's just because I notice them.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2018, 05:02 PM   #71
dan1502
Rep
Drives: E53 X5 30D (looking to change)

We are looking at changing our E53 X5 30D which we've kept longer than any car. I tried a 2017 X50D (way over budget but wanted to try one as an older one might have been ok) and didn't really like it probably mainly due to the size. It sounds daft but we both preferred our E53! I think these are probably about the same size so could be idea. We were thinking of biting the bullet on a fairly high spec 335D Xdrive Touring but maybe we should wait until the prices come down on these a bit....
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2018, 06:05 PM   #72
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan1502 View Post
We are looking at changing our E53 X5 30D which we've kept longer than any car. I tried a 2017 X50D (way over budget but wanted to try one as an older one might have been ok) and didn't really like it probably mainly due to the size. It sounds daft but we both preferred our E53! I think these are probably about the same size so could be idea. We were thinking of biting the bullet on a fairly high spec 335D Xdrive Touring but maybe we should wait until the prices come down on these a bit....
If you ever need to go off road or wade through water then the X3 is definitely worth getting over a 3 Touring.

I wouldn’t consider a touring as I simply don’t like the look of them, and they’re not as easy for putting a child into a car seat.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2018, 12:37 AM   #73
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
I like these a lot, a big step up from last generation and seems to have a lot of interior parts similar to 5 series so feels high quality and the next generation of BMW interiors.

Ordered an X3 M40i as a swap for my wife's 428 GC. I hope the engine is all it promises to be.
I think the 5 series interior is definitely posher, except for the seats, the X3 seats look nicer, are more comfortable and the vernasca leather is noticeably softer than Dakota
Totally agree. The G30 for won't go automatically to the top of the class until LCI when I think the seats and leather get upgraded and a usual a few other bits are thrown in as standard.

New X3 MSport seat is excellent.
      05-21-2018, 05:36 AM   #74
dan1502
Rep
Drives: E53 X5 30D (looking to change)

Quote:
If you ever need to go off road or wade through water then the X3 is definitely worth getting over a 3 Touring.

I wouldn’t consider a touring as I simply don’t like the look of them, and they’re not as easy for putting a child into a car seat.
We don't have kids and have only rarely needed the off road capability. I was about to buy an RS4 as I have always wanted one but have become a bit concerned by the costs (brakes being the main one) and difficulty finding a cherished one at a decent price. The 335d was low on the list of possibilities but it was nice to drive and despite the run flats, a decent ride even on our horrible roads. I need to be sure though as I want it to be good for 5 years plus really. I might also consider a 340i to get away from the diesel hammering worry but it's 2wd. Anyway sorry for going off topic.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2018, 08:16 AM   #75
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan1502 View Post
Quote:

We don't have kids and have only rarely needed the off road capability. I was about to buy an RS4 as I have always wanted one but have become a bit concerned by the costs (brakes being the main one) and difficulty finding a cherished one at a decent price. The 335d was low on the list of possibilities but it was nice to drive and despite the run flats, a decent ride even on our horrible roads. I need to be sure though as I want it to be good for 5 years plus really. I might also consider a 340i to get away from the diesel hammering worry but it's 2wd. Anyway sorry for going off topic.
I'd say the extra cost of the X3 over a 335d is not worth it for you then, it is only because of those reasons and to make this our main family car that I am considering the X3.
Appreciate 0