F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > F30 Front-lip
GetBMWParts

11-20-2021, 06:17 AM   #1
Hubu
Norway
Rep
Drives: F30 316D 2015 M-Sport

F30 Front-lip

Oi.

I just bought a new frontlip for my f30 m-sport.
The seller obviously said that it's ready2mount, but it didn't come with any kind of screws (only 3 small ones).

I just want to find out if I need to drill any kind of holes, in order to mount it.
It would also be nice to get the screw-sizes, that are supposed to fit through the lip.

There's also a plastic piece that came with the lip, is it supposed to go inside the lip?

Thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-20-2021, 08:09 AM   #2
BeFourSickDoo
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i

the plastic brace piece should snap into the actual lip, this helps with mounting and makes the lip more rigid and sturdy in the middle. when i installed mine i reused the push pin bumper rivets on the ends fist, and then you should see where the existing holes on the lip line up with screws or rivets on the underside of the bumper. sounds confusing but makes more sense once you are underneath and mocked up
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2021, 08:43 AM   #3
Hubu
Norway
Rep
Drives: F30 316D 2015 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeFourSickDoo View Post
the plastic brace piece should snap into the actual lip, this helps with mounting and makes the lip more rigid and sturdy in the middle. when i installed mine i reused the push pin bumper rivets on the ends fist, and then you should see where the existing holes on the lip line up with screws or rivets on the underside of the bumper. sounds confusing but makes more sense once you are underneath and mocked up
So what you're saying, is that I can reuse the screws that are under the bumper? Hopefully I didn't misunderstand that one.

And the second thing is: Are these 3 holes in the middle the only holes that are supposed to hold the middle part of the lip? Or do I need to follow it on the sides too? If yes, then I would need to bore my own holes on it.

What kind of screws do I need (size) ?

Thanks.

Last edited by Hubu; 11-20-2021 at 08:56 AM..
Appreciate 0