F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > 8-week "Lockdown" window??
Extreme Powerhouse

11-12-2014, 10:00 AM   #1
directordash
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F36 420d Sport: Mineral White

Unhappy 8-week "Lockdown" window??

Spoke with my dealership last week to get an update, given there was a delay in my build (was due Nov, now looking like Dec/Jan), and was given code 1100 for Scheduled.

I asked my sales exec if I could still make modifications to the car prior to build, to which he said yes (based on this code staying the same). As such, asked him to upgrade my standard iDrive to Professional Media, which they rejected 5 days later because the car is within an "8-week lockdown window" where amendments can't be made to the car because it's nearly ready to go to build.

Honestly don't know much about their processes, but they said it was because I had specified the Individual Leather Steering Wheel - and apparently ordering BMW Individual items can cause this lockdown to happen sooner than expected.

What I don't get is that the BMW Customer Service say it's still showing as "1100: Scheduled" - ultimately, for the sake of a steering wheel, they won't add ProMedia.

It's my own fault for not ordering it, but just a bit hacked off that they said I could have it firstly, then the following week tell me otherwise.

Anyone know enough about their production methods to know what's really going on with my order?
Appreciate 0