F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Question about removing cooler hose
Extreme Powerhouse

09-05-2023, 02:14 PM   #1
maxatlof
Rep
Drives: 430i

Question about removing cooler hose

I tried posting this question in the Engine/Drivetrain forum without any luck so forgive the redundancy if you already came across this, but I'm trying to replace the Oil Filter Housing without removing the charge cooler and I need to remove this hose but I'm having trouble getting it to come off. I've tried getting it to wiggle off but it's not budging and I'm scared if I pull too hard it'll snap off. I saw someone post a video on YouTube where the hose was removed but he yada yada'd over the steps of how he detached it. And I've tried googling/YouTubeing it without any luck. It might be something fairly simple but I'm just trying to be cautious. Thanks for any help.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-05-2023, 02:56 PM   #2
B58 parts
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 340ix 6MT

I've not yet touched that hose in particular but I did have one hell of a time getting the middle radiator hose to come off. It was like seized on there from the factory. I kept thinking that it was somehow still attached it would never come off but it was just really seized. So if you've got the clip out of the way just keep gently pulling on it wiggling it twisting it be careful not to break it. In about 10 to 45 minutes you might get lucky. Take breaks and keep plenty of beer on hand.
Appreciate 0