F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Low Brake Fluid Light
proTUNING Freaks

10-09-2023, 06:29 AM   #1
deliveryman99
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 440i Convertable

Low Brake Fluid Light

Hi, I am new here and I have a F33 and the break fluid low light came on, but worn pad indicator light, I understand that when brakes get worn fluid goes down before the pad worn indicator light comes on. any thoughts? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2023, 10:05 AM   #2
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by deliveryman99 View Post
Hi, I am new here and I have a F33 and the break fluid low light came on, but worn pad indicator light, I understand that when brakes get worn fluid goes down before the pad worn indicator light comes on. any thoughts? Thanks
Add some brake fluid
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2023, 06:30 PM   #3
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by deliveryman99 View Post
That’s not correct. The pads and the brake fluid are totally unrelated. If you have an actual warning light indicating low brake fluid you need to check that immediately. Low brake fluid is very rare on these cars.

The worn brake pad indicator light comes on when the pad is worn down to the level where the sensor contacts the brake disc. When the worn pad light comes on you have roughly 1,000 miles left before the rivets start contacting the rotor. You probably have more than that, but not many people push it far enough to find out.

btw, this really ought to be in the general F30 forum. You have posted in the pricing forum, which doesn’t get nearly as much traffic.
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!