F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Good deal on 428i GC M-Sport?
Studio RSR

11-14-2014, 11:16 AM   #1
DantonIzzo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 428i GC

Good deal on 428i GC M-Sport?

2015 428i GC, Mineral Grey, M-Sport, Driver Assistance, Nav, and DHP.

MSRP -- $49,400

Selling price -- $46,050 minus $2,000 (holiday and usaa) = $44,050

I think this is a pretty good price. What do you all think?
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2014, 11:27 AM   #2
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ?????

your deal is a normal discount.

make sure you come back and post up your transaction and results.

did you go in and negotiated for this price?
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2014, 12:05 PM   #3
DantonIzzo
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 949 View Post
your deal is a normal discount.

make sure you come back and post up your transaction and results.

did you go in and negotiated for this price?
The deal comes out to approximately $600 over invoice before incentive. The transaction: $44,050 + $133 doc fees + VA taxes, titles, etc. Out the door price is a hair above $46,000.

What else am I missing?
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2014, 09:14 AM   #4
First Lieutenant
Rep

every dealership I have seen are giving similar percentage discounts. (I go to a lot of dealerships when I shop) yours is just normal discounting. I was offered a built car for invoice pricing which beats your deal right there. with a built car I would have gotten what I wanted with no mileage vs a car that was sitting on the lot with mileage and options I didn't care for.

if your desperate for a car then, go for it.
if this one has all the options/color combo you like, go for it.
if your happy with the price, go for it.

but if you want a better deal go to another dealership and shop or wait till December 2014 or even jan 2015. two of the better months to buy.

...again did you go in to negotiate this price?
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2014, 10:33 AM   #5
DantonIzzo
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 949 View Post
every dealership I have seen are giving similar percentage discounts. (I go to a lot of dealerships when I shop) yours is just normal discounting. I was offered a built car for invoice pricing which beats your deal right there. with a built car I would have gotten what I wanted with no mileage vs a car that was sitting on the lot with mileage and options I didn't care for.

if your desperate for a car then, go for it.
if this one has all the options/color combo you like, go for it.
if your happy with the price, go for it.

but if you want a better deal go to another dealership and shop or wait till December 2014 or even jan 2015. two of the better months to buy.

...again did you go in to negotiate this price?
Yes, I shopped around. I should clarify that this is also a special order for a 2015 model year. Moreover, the $600 over invoice includes the MACO and Training Fees (so effectively, it is dealer's invoice). I suspect that the "invoice" pricing that you received from your deal also includes such fees. Edmounds and NDA do not include MACO and Training fees when calculating invoice, but from my understanding/researching, those fees are legitimate. The deal is 11% off MSRP, so I suppose you might be correct that this is a "normal deal" for a 2015 special order car. However, I just do not see many people getting anything north of 11% off MSRP for 2015 special order car, short of waiting several more months to order it.

The next best deal I was able to find (short of going through a non-dealer broker in Staten Islant who offered me $1,250 below invoice) is $1,000 over invoice through a forum sponsor of Bimmerfest.

Last edited by DantonIzzo; 11-17-2014 at 10:51 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2014, 11:15 AM   #6
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DantonIzzo View Post
Yes, I shopped around. I should clarify that this is also a special order for a 2015 model year. Moreover, the $600 over invoice includes the MACO and Training Fees (so effectively, it is dealer's invoice). I suspect that the "invoice" pricing that you received from your deal also includes such fees. Edmounds and NDA do not include MACO and Training fees when calculating invoice, but from my understanding/researching, those fees are legitimate. The deal is 11% off MSRP, so I suppose you might be correct that this is a "normal deal" for a 2015 special order car. However, I just do not see many people getting anything north of 11% off MSRP for 2015 special order car, short of waiting several more months to order it.

The next best deal I was able to find (short of going through a non-dealer broker in Staten Islant who offered me $1,250 below invoice) is $1,000 over invoice through a forum sponsor of Bimmerfest.
so with more info. now, I would say wait till December/ jan if need be. those are the better times for a 2015 price.
in those months I would also say ask for 1-1.5k under invoice. it isn't impossible, but make sure they know your ready to sign right there and that if not youll buy that same day at another location that will do it.
dealerships make pretty good sales number in November. not too much in December/ January. so they are willing to do more just to make money.

youll notice that 11% off is the norm. after a car sits for a while it then becomes 18%. cars that don't move for a longer period are 20% or more, but rarely does it come to this point. smart managers will take a decent deal in the 18% range before it hits this last level.

Last edited by 949; 11-17-2014 at 11:41 AM..
Appreciate 0