F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > Best way to burn fat ?
ARMA SPEED

08-27-2011, 11:48 AM   #1
dziqsek
Banned
Poland
Rep
Drives: 2008 E91 320d

Best way to burn fat ?

I need to burn some fat cause im overweight, my belly is to big and the when i bend over it looks like i have boobs

Do you guys have any goos specyfic to burn fat + some excercise that i can do at home ( dont have much time to go to gym ), i was at Ducan Diet loose about 16pounds but still have about 25 to loose;/
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2011, 12:20 PM   #2
ErvGotti
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i 6MT

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.00]
A well balanced diet along with alot of fruits and veggies. I used the insanity home work out program to lose alot of weight. Insanity takes dedication and is a really tough program with workouts lasting around 45 mins.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2011, 01:15 PM   #3
mlifxs
Diamond Geezer
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 2007 328i Saloon

Garage List
get a heart rate monitor and do some sort of walking / treadmill / bicycle etc that pushes your heart rate into "fat-burning" range. For many adults this is around 110-120 beats per minute. Start with what you are able to do and build up to at least 30 minutes a day, six days a week.

A good book is "Younger Next Year", which describes how and why all of this can help and why it's important. It helped me lose 35 lbs in six months.

good luck
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2011, 06:30 PM   #4
Quick6EF
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 Space Gray

Consuming less calories then your daily maintenance will result in weight loss. How signifigant that deficit is will dictate how much of that weight is also LBM.

Pretty crazy stuff I know.
      08-27-2011, 08:42 PM   #5
Silverstone
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E93 M DCT SILVERSTONE

INSANITY !!!!
      08-27-2011, 09:47 PM   #6
avex8
Major
Rep
Drives: 11 E92 m3, 15 F80 M3, GLC 63

you can try oxyelite pro, i know many people take it for losing weight and it has great reviews.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2011, 03:43 AM   #7
dziqsek
Banned
Poland
Rep

Thank you guys for all positive replys. I will start INSANITY at monday and see hom much problem for me it is , and how much gain in fat burning I will get.

Another questions : what you think about chemical FAT_BURNERS like NUTREX LIPO, ANIMAL CUTS etc ?
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2011, 04:13 AM   #8
E92ML
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 2008 335xi Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******* View Post
Thank you guys for all positive replys. I will start INSANITY at monday and see hom much problem for me it is , and how much gain in fat burning I will get.

Another questions : what you think about chemical FAT_BURNERS like NUTREX LIPO, ANIMAL CUTS etc ?
Chemical fat burners don't work and theres no statistical evidence that they significantly help you lose fat.

If it sounds too good to be turn then it usually is. You're better off increasing your protein intake, eating lots of vegetables and cutting almost all carbs. Do cardio every day and you will see improvement very quickly! Just stick with it and the results will come. Good luck!

Performance: JB4 ECU, CP-E DP's, WW BMS Meth Kit, AR meth elbow, BMS DCI, AFE Intake Scoops,
Exterior: Enkruez 19" H8R, H&R Spacers, Aero Lip, Tint, ACS Roof Spoiler, HID AE's, HID Fogs, Black Grills, Sport Pedals
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2011, 04:24 AM   #9
Seminole
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Red Flyer

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [7.00]
Quote:

A lot of these pills aren't approved by the FDA (in the US) or other agencies in other countries and can have pretty serious side effects. A new type of pill is always coming out claiming to be even better than the last one and containing 3 billion % of natural fat burning herb X. Most are nothing more than gimmicks and a lot of people also put weight right back on after getting off the pills.

I've looked into different pills and whatnot since I too want to start losing some weight (working 70+ hours a week sitting in a chair all day and not having time to work out is a pretty good way to gain weight). Of course I would love to be able to just pop a pill and volia! the weight is gone, but I'm not willing to take the risk of causing damage to my body by injesting a pill that doesn't have clinical scientific testing of what effects it has on me not just in the short term but the long term as well. There is a reason these things always seem to get banned after a few months.

The best way, for your body and health, to lose weight is to simply eat a healthy balanced diet and do regular exercise. Use programs like Livestrong to track the calories of what you eat and how many calories you burn from working out. If the combination of your exercise/eating equals a low calorie count you'll lose weight. Look up different types of diets that can help you acheive the goals you are looking for and pick the one that best suits your lifestyle.
      08-28-2011, 05:49 AM   #10
Silverstone
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E93 M DCT SILVERSTONE

Some Fat Burning products like Animal Cuts and Lipo 6 work, But you really need to workout while taking them, they don't just make you burn fat just like that, Its like a booster.

I took both, I wouldn't say it will get you ripped like they say it will. The only side effects i felt from both was that it gets you edgy and your mood shifts fast. Sometimes you will feel like your having a bad day and you don't even know why. Happened to a couple of people at the gym as well, So i decided to stop taking it because it was getting in the way of my work.

I did Insanity and Insanity Asylum, right now im doing Asylum with P90X, These programs work for sure. But you really need to be strict about it and dedicated in order to get the results. Work always gets in the way of my meals, So my results would have been way better if i was able to follow everything right from A to Z. These fitness programs work like gold.
      08-28-2011, 03:33 PM   #11
Quick6EF
Lieutenant
Rep

There's no magic fucking pill to lose weight.

Like I already said, you're calorie intake is too high for your height and weight, you need to consume less.
      08-28-2011, 04:49 PM   #12
dziqsek
Banned
Poland
Rep

Honestly for about a month im not eating almost nothing between 6am to 4pm while im in work, then normal size dinner/supper and go to sleep. Sometimes im watching some film with wife and eating chips ( yea yea i know its disaster, but i need to have some pleasure when i quit mcdonalds, KFC and burgerking couple months ago), i dont really have time to excercise at gym - i came home at 5-6pm ate dinner/supper and then going to gym is shitty here cause at this time all the big,nobrain,no dick, peanut brain bouncers and "hood strongmans" are at the gym and trust me on they are not net at all. so i have only weekends when i rode my bicycle about 6-10 miles , doctor said that with my weight - 260lb with 6,2ft and not much muscle( i dont know US standards but in EU standards im quite a big guy in term of height and weight) running is not a good idea cause my tendons may become damaged.

I look like this :

yeah yeah i know I look like a bag fuul of fat and other feces but caring for your appearance in Europe ( not including South EU cause there is hot like hell so they are naturally fit) is not so much popular as in US.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2011, 08:05 AM   #13
VAlsbM3
AwwwYEA!
United_States
Rep
Drives: DD - e90 325i / Track - E46 M3

Quote:
I need to burn some fat cause im overweight, my belly is to big and the when i bend over it looks like i have boobs

Do you guys have any goos specyfic to burn fat + some excercise that i can do at home ( dont have much time to go to gym ), i was at Ducan Diet loose about 16pounds but still have about 25 to loose;/
LOL'd at bold. Sorry.

Just watch your calories in and calories out.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2011, 08:39 AM   #14
gaza01
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

all good pointers but you need to consider them all to develop an effective programme / diet.

- Fat burn exercises with a heart rate monitor
- eating healthy balanced meals but note your meals can be healthy BUT still result in being too many calories for that day so you won't benefit from it.
- know how many calories you need per day (BMR - basal metabolic rate) and then decide to reduce this as a target daily intake WHILST maintaining a healthy diet.
- don't over do on fruit. people scuff fruits saying to themselves they are healthy and yes they are correct BUT they all add to your calorie intake and can quickly push you over your daily allowance you set for yourself.
- drink loads of water when you are exercising. Your body uses water to transport the fat from the fat store to the blood stream.
- keep warm. If you are trying to loose weight from a particular area eg stomach but you notice it is cold to the touch then try wearing a neoprene band or something. Your body can only use fat when it becomes water soluble - it does this when the fat is warm (can't remember the exact temperature)

Some general diet pointers
- brown carbs are better eg, brown rice, sweet potato, brown pasta, brown bread. Read up on glycemic index of foods
- STAY AWAY from smoothies. Yes made from healthy fruits BUT because they have been purified 1) your body does not use any calories to break them down and 2) because they are purified they are absorbed instantly i.e. a mad rush of sugars to the blood with the excess being stored as fat
- review your fat intake and keep it healthy. You need some good fat intake.
- you can try sugar free dilute juices. (the ones you just add water too) This is a catch 22 really. Sugar free so no sugar hence no calories BUT they do have artificial sweeteners. Artificial sweeteners work against your metabolism and slow it down which can be counter productive.

Last edited by gaza01; 08-30-2011 at 11:30 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2011, 10:15 AM   #15
MurderedOut
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '08 BMW E90, '09 BMW E60 528i

don't eat 2 hours b4 u sleep its plays a big role since ur catabolic when you sleep.....drink plenty of water keeps appetite down and body hydrated......RUN/WALK stop enjoying the BMW lol
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2011, 10:22 AM   #16
MikeinAlexandria
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i M Sport Convertible

How far away do yu live from work? On nice days, you could bike ride to work, which would help alot. Walking and riding instead of using your cars for short errands helps too, and is better for the car too.

Down hill skiing upwards of 20-30 days a year makes a huge difference over the winter.

And lastly don't eat anything out of a box at all. Fresh vegetables, good meat or fish. No chips, less beer, and when you want to snack, carrots, celery, etc.

Do ths, and limit your caloric intake to about 1500 a day and you'll loose some weight. Good luck. Nice side effect, you will feel alot better when you stop eating processed and junk food! The vegetable take some getting used to, but after a while you'll like them.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2011, 10:45 AM   #17
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurderedOut View Post
don't eat 2 hours b4 u sleep its plays a big role since ur catabolic when you sleep.....drink plenty of water keeps appetite down and body hydrated......RUN/WALK stop enjoying the BMW lol
A common misconception, eating before sleeping can affect your sleep quality, but has no overall effect on metabolism, as you process caloric intake the same whether you are asleep or awake. A similar misconception is that eating numerous small meals a day leads is more advantageous than more traditionally spaced meals, but the fact is that all things equal, your body does not care when you consume, rather how much you consume.

The important thing there is "all things equal." Many report that not eating before bed, or eating numerous small meals aids them in weight control because while there is not a scientific, causal relationship, it is possible that for some people a correlation exists. That is to say, eating numerous small meals can help one manage their appetite, making them less inclined to over-eat at lunch or dinner. For some people, eating before sleeping damages their sleep quality, and there is a lot out there suggesting a causal relationship between sleep deprivation and weight gain / obesity. Additionally, late snacks are often quick, higher calorie affairs, and could be the difference in hitting your target caloric intake, and over shooting it.

Long story short, put down the fork!
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2011, 12:44 PM   #18
Quick6EF
Lieutenant
Rep

A lot of derp in this thread.

Good post BTM.

OP even though I don't like your contributions to OT, I'd reccomend not listening to the debunked advice you have received here.

Ex: many small meals, limiting yourself to 1500 calories (lolwtf), only eating brown starches, 'sugar turning to fat'.

Those are really bad suggestions and are false.

Do you know how many calories you typically intake on a daily basis?
      08-30-2011, 01:46 PM   #19
VAlsbM3
AwwwYEA!
United_States
Rep
Drives: DD - e90 325i / Track - E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick6EF View Post
A lot of derp in this thread.

Good post BTM.

OP even though I don't like your contributions to OT, I'd reccomend not listening to the debunked advice you have received here.

Ex: many small meals, limiting yourself to 1500 calories (lolwtf), only eating brown starches, 'sugar turning to fat'.

Those are really bad suggestions and are false.

Do you know how many calories you typically intake on a daily basis?
Are you a nutritionists?
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2011, 01:54 PM   #20
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
The main thing is to stick to whatever plan you're going to use. So make sure it's both effective and that you're willing to stay with it. Slowly eat smaller meals until they are pretty small; shrink your stomach. Basically eat like what you wanna look like; big meals = big dude and workout. Heck when i didnt have a gym downstairs i ran outside for 15 minutes, did pushups and situps at home.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2011, 01:56 PM   #21
JHOOPS2
AKA HISSMAN
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 SG 135i Coupe'

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
A common misconception, eating before sleeping can affect your sleep quality, but has no overall effect on metabolism, as you process caloric intake the same whether you are asleep or awake. A similar misconception is that eating numerous small meals a day leads is more advantageous than more traditionally spaced meals, but the fact is that all things equal, your body does not care when you consume, rather how much you consume.

The important thing there is "all things equal." Many report that not eating before bed, or eating numerous small meals aids them in weight control because while there is not a scientific, causal relationship, it is possible that for some people a correlation exists. That is to say, eating numerous small meals can help one manage their appetite, making them less inclined to over-eat at lunch or dinner. For some people, eating before sleeping damages their sleep quality, and there is a lot out there suggesting a causal relationship between sleep deprivation and weight gain / obesity. Additionally, late snacks are often quick, higher calorie affairs, and could be the difference in hitting your target caloric intake, and over shooting it.

Long story short, put down the fork!
This
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2011, 01:59 PM   #22
Quick6EF
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAAW135i View Post

Are you a nutritionists?
Are you going to contribute to this thread or continue to post non-relevent comments?

If you want sources I will be happy to provide.