F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > Best way to burn fat ?
proTUNING Freaks

08-30-2011, 02:00 PM   #23
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick6EF View Post
Are you going to contribute to this thread or continue to post non-relevent comments?

If you want sources I will be happy to provide.
Ignore the newbie
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2011, 02:05 PM   #24
Dvdman
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5 50I

I suggest running again. You don't have to do an all out sprint when you start. Try walking a longer distance and build your way up SLOWLY to a jog.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2011, 02:22 PM   #25
crzylildude
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe

Garage List
Tae Kwon Do - Muay Thai - Brazilian Jujitzu
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2011, 02:34 PM   #26
swaite
High School Dropout
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

I'm not a professional in any sense of the word but...

IMO, the best way to lose fat is an effective diet (4-6 smaller meals throughout the day, your diet of eating nothing for 10 hour, then gorging on a "normal sized dinner" is really hurting you. Never ever skip breakfast. Your diet is horrible, man.), high intensity interval training on a bike or elliptical since you say you can't run, and weight lifting. I'd start with the big three (squats, deadlift, and bench press) until you are comfortable moving on to more isolated exercises.

I have also seen some amazing results with P90X. Insanity is sort of the same thing, but as far as I can tell, they both are a variation on high intensity interval training. You can do your own HIIT routine, and it should only take 10-15 minutes. If you're doing it right you'll probably want to be dead rather than continue on.
      08-30-2011, 02:35 PM   #27
Enjoiyourlife
Sensei
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
There's no magic fucking pill to lose weight.

Like I already said, you're calorie intake is too high for your height and weight, you need to consume less.
THIS THIS THIS!! Cannot stress this more.

And LOL at some of the advice in this thread.

Bottom line is burn more calories than you consume.
It's is much easier to cut calories through a caloric deficit than it is to exercise to burn excess calories.
Diet + Resistance training (compound movements!) + Interval Training is optimal (granted you already have the cardiac base).

Essential to weight loss are your fats and proteins. Carbs are non-essential and are just "filler" calories. For weighloss, I tend to keep clients just out of Ketosis. 50g-100g of carbs. The majority of the diet is good fats and proteins.
Each person has different insulin sensitivity, however. So it it dependent on how you respond to carbs.

How tall are you, how much do you weigh?

Last edited by Enjoiyourlife; 08-30-2011 at 02:48 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2011, 06:08 AM   #28
Daniel2002
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW

You may need to some weight lifting and also take care of your diet to get a good result.
      08-31-2011, 06:54 AM   #29
gaza01
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
A lot of derp in this thread.

Good post BTM.

OP even though I don't like your contributions to OT, I'd reccomend not listening to the debunked advice you have received here.

Ex: many small meals, limiting yourself to 1500 calories (lolwtf), only eating brown starches, 'sugar turning to fat'.

Those are really bad suggestions and are false.

Do you know how many calories you typically intake on a daily basis?
limiting yourself you 1500 calories
Whilst the posters of this advice are correct in stating that your daily calories need to be limited, an arbitrary figure of 1500 may work for some but not for others. It is all dependent on the individual and his daily activities. A fairly active daily job could mean the individual needs more than 1500 calories but still allowing for weight loss.

only eating brown carbs
I never said ONLY. I said brown carbs are better - reason being is that they are slow releasing in energy. What you generally want to avoid is loading up your body with instant calories that your body only needs a portion of at the time. Also brown carbs are slower to digest hence keeping you fuller for longer. As I stated glycemic index is what you want to read up on!
Also the this same logic of not over loading in calories at any one point in time is what applies to the theory of small meals. Same overall amount of food consumed in a day BUT not to the point where your body has too much to deal with at a given point.

sugar turning to fat
Anything you eat (that provides you with calories) can and will be stored as fat if its eaten to the point where it is excess calories over and above your daily required calorie intake.

may be try actually offering advice and rationale rather than just pointing your nose in the air and criticising!
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2011, 06:55 AM   #30
gaza01
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel2002 View Post
You may need to some weight lifting and also take care of your diet to get a good result.
this will help as well.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2011, 07:17 AM   #31
chrisN
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: bmw 125i coupe

Garage List
2010 125i  [8.66]
best exercise is interval training.

wont take that long for you to see results.
      08-31-2011, 08:28 AM   #32
Quick6EF
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 Space Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaza01 View Post
limiting yourself you 1500 calories
Whilst the posters of this advice are correct in stating that your daily calories need to be limited, an arbitrary figure of 1500 may work for some but not for others. It is all dependent on the individual and his daily activities. A fairly active daily job could mean the individual needs more than 1500 calories but still allowing for weight loss.

He's a grown man, never would he be eating 1500 calories to cut weight (excluding contest prep, which he clearly is not doing). Suggesting that as a baseline is not good advice especially without knowing his height/weight.

only eating brown carbs
I never said ONLY. I said brown carbs are better - reason being is that they are slow releasing in energy. What you generally want to avoid is loading up your body with instant calories that your body only needs a portion of at the time. Also brown carbs are slower to digest hence keeping you fuller for longer. As I stated glycemic index is what you want to read up on!
Also the this same logic of not over loading in calories at any one point in time is what applies to the theory of small meals. Same overall amount of food consumed in a day BUT not to the point where your body has too much to deal with at a given point.

I bolded what I don't agree with. GI is debunked and you're just splitting hairs by worrying about it.

sugar turning to fat
Anything you eat (that provides you with calories) can and will be stored as fat if its eaten to the point where it is excess calories over and above your daily required calorie intake.

This is true, but your original post, "2) because they are purified they are absorbed instantly i.e. a mad rush of sugars to the blood with the excess being stored as fat" did not have any logic to it at all.

may be try actually offering advice and rationale rather than just pointing your nose in the air and criticising!

If you validated your earlier post with sources I would not have questioned the advice, however you just rattled off a bunch of debunked yahoo.com advice that has been proven to have no advantage in body composition.

I don't care if I come off as rude, people believe what they read on the internet and in this case, you're dealing with someone's well being.
      08-31-2011, 09:20 AM   #33
VAlsbM3
AwwwYEA!
United_States
Rep
Drives: DD - e90 325i / Track - E46 M3

Quote:
Are you going to contribute to this thread or continue to post non-relevent comments?

I was actually being serious. I wanted to ask you some questions.

Geez...
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2011, 09:44 AM   #34
Quick6EF
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAAW135i View Post
Quote:

I was actually being serious. I wanted to ask you some questions.

Geez...
My mistake, I got defensive by the way you phrased it. Most people would have just asked the question...

PM me hopefully I can help.
      08-31-2011, 10:48 AM   #35
disapr
drop a gear and...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3

Another tracking tool that I like is www.myfitnesspal.com. It has a wizard that will estimate a daily caloric intake necessary to meet your weight loss goal. This is by no means a replacement for a professional but it gives you a good baseline to work with and you can manually enter all of the tracking points if you do seek professional advice.

Using this or any of the other available tools will help you manage your food and water intake - Much like using an accounting program for personal of business finance.

Consistency and continuity are key with pretty much any direction you go. The best plan in the world will be pointless if you haven't truly made up your mind to commit to and focus on the goal.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2011, 11:54 AM   #36
dziqsek
Banned
Poland
Rep
Drives: 2008 E91 320d

Ok, so here is the plan :

Today I signed up to private gym with pro trainer who will guide me through first 2 months of training and diet ( he will calculate it for me and prepare for me all the meals i need to eat and bring it to my work ), additionaly he will give me some supliments like Lcarnityne, HMB, Creatine.

Do you guys think this is good solution, its quite expensive but the guy promise me good progress, and he asked me that i want to burn fat and make sculpture fit body or gain mass and reduce some fat to look like a " big bad guy" .... Im still confused, andy advice to thiS ?
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2011, 12:20 PM   #37
gaza01
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
If you validated your earlier post with sources I would not have questioned the advice, however you just rattled off a bunch of debunked yahoo.com advice that has been proven to have no advantage in body composition.

I don't care if I come off as rude, people believe what they read on the internet and in this case, you're dealing with someone's well being.
Mate u still haven't explained why the various things are debunked?! Or is it that you care not to...after all its someone's well being in question here!!!

Fortunately im not an internet surfer when it comes to nutrition / exercise / training etc! Its a passion for which i have sound knowledge.

Its an internet forum!!!...why bother to come on here if you're going to get upset when someone has a different opinion / belief. Would have been better to start up a discussion on the issues, share what you know and perhaps even educate me where my knowledge is debunked!...rather than come across the way you did!

Anyway its all debunked! We all just rely upon internet search engines for our knowledge and you my friend are the guru of it all. All hail you!!!

Last edited by gaza01; 08-31-2011 at 12:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2011, 12:21 PM   #38
Quick6EF
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******* View Post

Today I signed up to private gym with pro trainer who will guide me through first 2 months of training and diet ( he will calculate it for me and prepare for me all the meals i need to eat and bring it to my work ), additionaly he will give me some supliments like Lcarnityne, HMB, Creatine.

Do you guys think this is good solution, its quite expensive but the guy promise me good progress, and he asked me that i want to burn fat and make sculpture fit body or gain mass and reduce some fat to look like a " big bad guy" .... Im still confused, andy advice to thiS ?
Do what you want it's your money.

If I were you I wouldn't opt to be spoon fed and pay some jackhole to create an inedible meal plan for me.

Calculate your maintence calories. Create your own diet plan.
Do not buy his supps.
Use him for a few PT training sessions ONLY to get comfortable with lifting weights.
Profit.

OP consider yourself lazy and unmotivated in my book. You didn't listen to anything we posted. Good luck with your goals of looking like a Big Bad Boy in 2012.
      08-31-2011, 12:40 PM   #39
gaza01
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

Its one method and certainly would yield good results he does infact know what he's doing. The only time id say its a waste is if you rely upon this from now onwards. What u need to be doing in the 2 months is understanding why he's doing what and the benefits of the composition / size of the diet. Eg someone mentioned interval training eArlier which is really good. Go try to understand why its good and how it benefits you. Its in the understanding of it all that you are are to do it by yourself so whilst your goal in the 2 months is to see physical results, your other and just as important goal is to get an understanding of it all! Once yo've got it and know what your body responds to best you'll be unstoppable. Just remember that its not always easy! Set realistic goals and dont be too disheartened if you miss it by a bit from time to time. Go positive and get to sweating!!
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2011, 12:57 PM   #40
teamben158
ಠ_ಠ
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW 335i

Quote:

Sculpture Fit Body Example:

Big Bad Guy Example:

Typically, and I say typically because it's not an absolute, BBG will be stronger than SFB but no one will really notice him with his shirt off at the beach. Becoming SFB is usually a lot more work because not only do you have to lift heavy shit, you have to be on top of your diet at all times. BBG gets to eat a shit ton of food, SFB doesn't.

Either way, it's a long road, so don't get discouraged if you don't see results right away. Stick to your plan and you'll be fine, assuming it's a good plan.
      08-31-2011, 02:21 PM   #41
Daniel135i
Banned
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i 6M, AW, CR, MSPORT

Garage List
2011 135i  [10.00]
2005 SRT-4  [7.00]
My schedule for losing 20 lbs in a cpl months.... Yes, that's 2 months. Went from 220lbs with a gut, but still fairly decent in shape to now, this morning 199 on the scale, all without increasing my workout one bit - I dont work out, I don't run, i don't do calisthenics or whatever. I figure I like my computers, and my games, and driving, why change that? What I did change was how many calories I consumed compared to burned in a normal day.

Im 30 years old, just, birthday Aug 2nd... and am 6'2" tall.

Get yourself a calorie counter program, i used http://caloriecount.about.com/

For me, my goals were 1500-1900 calories daily for my goals of 20 lbs in little over 3 months. I did it in 2, guess my metabolism works better than I thought.

Plan a sensible diet that lets you eat 2 light meals for breakfast and lunch with a moderate dinner of whatever the fuck you want (literally, I ate Mcdonalds, and Taco bell frequently with my kid while the wife was away for dinner)... snacks in between meals ever 2-2 1/2 hours consisting of no more than 200 calories.

Stick to your calorie intake total throughout the day, with PLENTY of WATER!!!!!!!!! People forget that water is just as vital to losing weight as is adjusting calories. Drink water or substitute zero calorie cola like I do when you want. Thats my go to sweet thing now with a boost of energy, Coke Zero, I drink it by the case every few days lol.

If you used to gorge yourself at every meal, the sudden dietary restriction will leave you hungry for the first week. But when your stomach shrinks back to a normal size, you fill it easier with the right amount of food intake and you feel fuller longer, especially with the snacks in between meals.

If you do not have a snack in between meals, your calorie burning process shuts down. Constantly giving your body nutrients will continue to keep that process going and burn extra fat when the food you ate gets done. DONT FORGET TO SNACK! Its important.

I didn't forgoe carbs or anything for that matter. I just CONTROLLED my intake of every class... Everything is fine, in moderation and balance.

I take a multivitamin, and fish oil, and flax seed oil for cholesterol control - its hereditary high for me.

My breakfast and lunch consist of GNC Lean Shake - sometimes with the 25grams of protein, and sometimes without depending on what can I have at work. That and some fruit are my breakfast and lunch.

Snacks consist of Whole Grain mini wheat bagel, and some fruit, and or veggie snacks.

Sometimes for lunch ill throw in a garden salad with oil and vinegar dressing.

I use the Animal Cuts stack - 2 packs daily once at breakfast and once before lunch, I feel the benefits, and see the benefits of them. I can say they work after 2 cycles of use with my plan. 3 weeks on, one week off. And I saw my weight decrease evened out on the off weeks I didnt take the pills. And when back on it started going down again. It was just visible on the scale, and around the waistline. Every persons different though.

I HAVENT BEEN THE STRICTEST AT THIS PLAN EITHER....... There is room for improvement on my part without question! On weekends I tend to get off my plan for the most part, but I keep my diet balanced and dont gorge myslef. And durring the work week, I sometimes skip m schedule and go out to eat with the wife.

You see, its not about absolute controll, at least it wasnt for me. Its alot easier than i thought for my lazy ass. All it is, is not being a pig, moderating calorie intake, and actually making a half ass effort to get in a better place with your diet. Shit, if I lost 20lbs sitting on my ass, imagine where I would be if I actually gave a shit to work out 30 min a day.

Good luck to all, hope you find what works for you.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2011, 03:11 PM   #42
dziqsek
Banned
Poland
Rep
Drives: 2008 E91 320d

Ok I just back from the gym, my muscles are pumped to maximum ( I do it to myself cause I just want to know my max at this time) and i feel really geat and im just about to go to bedroom to please my wife

But back to topic :

I spoke with this guy and thell him that i dont want to him to make meals from me ( I cant be sure about quality of his stuff ) just male me proper diet based on my blood type, and program I need to make to reach my goal.

The way i want to look is something between Sculpture fit guy and Big Bad guy cause im naturally genetic to be big

I will try runinng from tomorrow cause today is quite late ( 10:10 PM ) and I need to get up to work at 6AM , so after finished my job i will run for some time. My Job is about a mile from home and I almost never use a car to get there usually by foot So on my way back i try to run

Any more advices ?? I will be happy for them cause I realy need some motivation words and some good advice from sportsman like you guys.

Thanks once more for help
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2011, 09:42 PM   #43
prichards516
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 zcp

try the medifast diet, i know a few people who lost a significant amount of weight on this diet (~40lbs) over a short period (2-3weeks). The way it works is your allowed one full meal a day, and throughout the day your allowed to drink 5 medifast shakes. The shakes have an appetitie supressant in it to curve your appetite and has the nutrients you need so your not malnourishing yourself. Its an healthy alternative and combined with eating well and excercise..losing 25lbs would be a piece of cake (pun not intended lol)
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2011, 10:04 PM   #44
.:bHd:.
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: E92 335i MT

no one recommended cocaine?

Appreciate 0