F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > Best way to burn fat ?
Studio RSR

09-02-2011, 10:11 PM   #45
Digital.James
Colonel
Rep
Drives: GT4, Raptor.2, Tuono 1100F

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:bHd:. View Post
no one recommended cocaine?
meth or crack is faster and cheaper.

try cross fit out, its a winner at making lbs fly off
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2011, 12:45 PM   #46
Quick6EF
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 Space Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by prichards516 View Post
try the medifast diet, i know a few people who lost a significant amount of weight on this diet (~40lbs) over a short period (2-3weeks). The way it works is your allowed one full meal a day, and throughout the day your allowed to drink 5 medifast shakes. The shakes have an appetitie supressant in it to curve your appetite and has the nutrients you need so your not malnourishing yourself. Its an healthy alternative and combined with eating well and excercise..losing 25lbs would be a piece of cake (pun not intended lol)

Lol 40 lbs lost in 2-3 weeks huh hahaha
      09-03-2011, 12:55 PM   #47
tres
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 bmw 335is 6MT

One of the best ways to lose belly fat is (1) diet (2) you can do some sit ups or any ab workout in the morning, try starting with your max on the first day and increase it by 5 or 10 every week. After your sit ups immediately go for a run, try and do at least 2miles if you can at your own pace and time yourself so you have and idea how well you are doing. shoot for 17 mins.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2011, 10:47 PM   #48
fherjohn
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: m3 e93

you want a magical pill, google ECA stack with bronkaid. this is for real ephedrine. unless ephedrine is still legal in europe, just use that stuff. ECA stack worked for me, but I felt like i was always tweaked out.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2011, 11:10 PM   #49
pogiboy67
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

diet... im on a keto diet and its doing wonders
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2011, 01:56 AM   #50
merchomini
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Touareg VR6

5-6 small meals a day, keep them lean and high in protein, combine this with increased exercise. I would make 2 of my small meals a day a lean protein shake, pair this with some exercise and its as good as it gets......but it really comes down to dedication
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2011, 05:50 AM   #51
djlogan33
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******* View Post
I need to burn some fat cause im overweight, my belly is to big and the when i bend over it looks like i have boobs

Do you guys have any goos specyfic to burn fat + some excercise that i can do at home ( dont have much time to go to gym ), i was at Ducan Diet loose about 16pounds but still have about 25 to loose;/
================================================== =======
Cardio exercise...30-minutes a day @ 75% max heart rate.
(General max heart rate = 220 minus your age times 75%)
      09-09-2011, 07:10 PM   #52
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Thank you guys for all positive replys. I will start INSANITY at monday and see hom much problem for me it is , and how much gain in fat burning I will get.

Another questions : what you think about chemical FAT_BURNERS like NUTREX LIPO, ANIMAL CUTS etc ?
i wouldn't use it... specially if your not used to regular intense exercise like insanity... insanity will get you losing weight fast so long as you keep up with diet and fluids

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2011, 11:14 AM   #53
gun6slinger9
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 428xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by prichards516 View Post
try the medifast diet, i know a few people who lost a significant amount of weight on this diet (~40lbs) over a short period (2-3weeks). The way it works is your allowed one full meal a day, and throughout the day your allowed to drink 5 medifast shakes. The shakes have an appetitie supressant in it to curve your appetite and has the nutrients you need so your not malnourishing yourself. Its an healthy alternative and combined with eating well and excercise..losing 25lbs would be a piece of cake (pun not intended lol)
Did they start out at 600 pounds?
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2011, 09:15 AM   #54
prichards516
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 zcp

Quote:
Originally Posted by gun6slinger9 View Post
Did they start out at 600 pounds?
no, beginning weight was 240, with diet and excercise combined with the medifast diet, he got down to 184.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2011, 09:29 AM   #55
MPBK
Everyday I'm shuffling
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 SG 135i DCT; '18 MG M2 DCT

Quote:
I need to burn some fat cause im overweight, my belly is to big and the when i bend over it looks like i have boobs

Do you guys have any goos specyfic to burn fat + some excercise that i can do at home ( dont have much time to go to gym ), i was at Ducan Diet loose about 16pounds but still have about 25 to loose;/
Any exercise will do. Obviously, the more intense the exercise, the faster it will burn calories.
The key is... how much commitment and will power do you have?
You must exercise long enough to use up all the blood sugars available before your body will tap into fat.
Intensive cardio exercises, like jogging or biking, burn the most fat. But you have to do it long enough, like jog for 2 or 3 miles or bike for 1 hour each time.
If you eat 2000 cal/day, we're talking about exercising enough to burn more than 2000 cal.
No short cut here. There are exercise programs that claim 15 mins/day will make you lose fat.
Sure, 15 min is better than 10, which is better than nothing. But you gain that back the minute you drink one beer.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2011, 09:38 AM   #56
MPBK
Everyday I'm shuffling
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick6EF View Post
Consuming less calories then your daily maintenance will result in weight loss. How signifigant that deficit is will dictate how much of that weight is also LBM.

Pretty crazy stuff I know.
That misses something crucial.
Without exercise, the calories needed to to maintain your body is pretty low.
If you eat less than your body needs, you will force your body to tap into reserve energy (fat), for sure, but you are depleting your body of vital nutrients. You'll get all sorts of health issues if you do this long term.
The best thing is to exercise more than you eat. That way you can eat anything you want and still lose weight.
Yes, it's possible. Mike Phelps ate 6000+ cal/day during training and was skinny as a board. A well fit board.
You don't want to exercise that much? Don't eat so much.
But zero exercise is the cause of all the obesity problems we have in this country.

Last edited by MPBK; 01-29-2019 at 06:59 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2011, 09:41 AM   #57
MPBK
Everyday I'm shuffling
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thank you guys for all positive replys. I will start INSANITY at monday and see hom much problem for me it is , and how much gain in fat burning I will get.

Another questions : what you think about chemical FAT_BURNERS like NUTREX LIPO, ANIMAL CUTS etc ?
You'd be better off doing what runway models do: stick a finger in your throat and make yourself vomit after each meal.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2011, 10:00 AM   #58
MPBK
Everyday I'm shuffling
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
A common misconception, eating before sleeping can affect your sleep quality, but has no overall effect on metabolism, as you process caloric intake the same whether you are asleep or awake. A similar misconception is that eating numerous small meals a day leads is more advantageous than more traditionally spaced meals, but the fact is that all things equal, your body does not care when you consume, rather how much you consume.
This is wrong information.
When you eat big gulps at a time, at irregular intervals, your body tries to store as much energy as it can (in the form of fat) because it doesn't know when the next meal will come. That's a neat evolution feature that is an advantage in the wild, but unfortunately, not desirable in contemporary urban lifestyle.
Many animals display this feature. For example, whales, bears, penguins, seals, etc. They spend the summer feeding and gorging themselves. They can increase their body weight by 2 or 3 times. All stored as fat. Then they eat almost nothing for long periods (either hibernation or food source dries out). Their bodies survive the winter on stored fat and they come out next spring and start a new cycle.
We humans solved the food source issue. The refrigerator eliminated "winter" and practically makes food available all year. The car eliminated the very basic of exercise (walking), and what we see today is the 2 to 3 times natural body weight all year long.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2011, 10:10 AM   #59
WingZeroX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 / F30

you shouldn't start insanity if you're not in shape in the first place. start a cardio routine and then go back to insanity...reason is if you can't keep up with the workout, it will discourage you and you will be less determined to complete the program
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2011, 10:10 AM   #60
MPBK
Everyday I'm shuffling
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tres View Post
One of the best ways to lose belly fat is (1) diet (2) you can do some sit ups or any ab workout in the morning, try starting with your max on the first day and increase it by 5 or 10 every week. After your sit ups immediately go for a run, try and do at least 2miles if you can at your own pace and time yourself so you have and idea how well you are doing. shoot for 17 mins.
You can target exercises and develop the muscles in one part of your body, but you can't target fat burning on one particular part.
For example, if you did a thousand situps a day, you still wouldn't show a six-pack while your upper body and legs are full of fat.
If you did the thousand situps a day, you'd have a nice six-pack, for sure, but it wouldn't show because there would be a layer of fat covering it.
Men, particularly older men, have a propensity to store fat in the belly region. So, by the time a 40-year old male can display a nice six-pack, his entire body is pretty much lean mass. If he never did any upper body exercise, his upper body would look ugly as hell without any fat, but he'd have a six-pack to die for.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2011, 10:15 AM   #61
MPBK
Everyday I'm shuffling
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingZeroX5 View Post
you shouldn't start insanity if you're not in shape in the first place. start a cardio routine and then go back to insanity...reason is if you can't keep up with the workout, it will discourage you and you will be less determined to complete the program
truth.
Start small, and weather you will achieve your goals or not depends on how much will power you have.
Sorry, no pills and no short cuts (like lose 20lb in a week) here. It's a lifestyle change.
If you just wanted to lose 20lb for a wedding, sure. Just stop eating. But it will come back after the wedding.

Last edited by MPBK; 09-11-2011 at 03:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2011, 10:23 AM   #62
saeedg48
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche 991.1 GT3

sex

2015 Porsche 991.1 GT3
2015 F80 M3 -- Individual; Space Grey
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2011, 10:39 AM   #63
Quick6EF
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBK View Post
This is wrong information.
When you eat big gulps at a time, at irregular intervals, your body tries to store as much energy as it can (in the form of fat) because it doesn't know when the next meal will come. That's a neat evolution feature that is an advantage in the wild, but unfortunately, not desirable in contemporary urban lifestyle.
Many animals display this feature. For example, whales, bears, penguins, seals, etc. They spend the summer feeding and gorging themselves. They can increase their body weight by 2 or 3 times. All stored as fat. Then they eat almost nothing for long periods (either hibernation or food source dries out). Their bodies survive the winter on stored fat and they come out next spring and start a new cycle.
We humans solved the food source issue. The refrigerator eliminated "winter" and practically makes food available all year. The car eliminated the very basic of exercise (walking), and what we see today is the 2 to 3 times natural body weight all year long.

You're pretty confused.

Please see www.leangains.com regarding Intermittent Fasting for more info on this "fat storing" misconception you somehow believe.
      09-11-2011, 12:53 PM   #64
ejazbmw
blahhh
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235I

just starve yourself
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2011, 03:44 PM   #65
MPBK
Everyday I'm shuffling
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You're pretty confused.

Please see www.leangains.com regarding Intermittent Fasting for more info on this "fat storing" misconception you somehow believe.
and what exactly makes that one website authoritative over the hundreds of other websites?
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2011, 05:32 PM   #66
Quick6EF
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBK View Post
Quote:
You're pretty confused.

and what exactly makes that one website authoritative over the hundreds of other websites?
Care to provide support of your claim? I did.