F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > Best way to burn fat ?
GetBMWParts

03-18-2012, 05:21 PM   #111
MMMorish
Just call me J.J. McClure
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & C4 Corvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick6EF View Post
LOL

tl;dr

get outta here with that shit.
I did say it was dated, but the principles are still the same. Workouts and working out never change, it's the drugs and performance enhancements that do. Whatever was written 20 even 30 years ago still applies today. I'd love to see your workout.
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
"M3 drivers have no friends"
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2012, 11:30 PM   #112
Quick6EF
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 Space Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMorish View Post
I did say it was dated, but the principles are still the same. Workouts and working out never change, it's the drugs and performance enhancements that do. Whatever was written 20 even 30 years ago still applies today. I'd love to see your workout.
I follow PHAT: Power Hypertrophy Adaptive Training by Layne Norton

http://www.simplyshredded.com/mega-f...ated-2011.html

Please try and talk shit about Layne Norton.
      03-18-2012, 11:34 PM   #113
bill1718
Lieutenant
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2015 F32 435i ///Msport

Stop Eating
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2012, 11:45 PM   #114
Whorning
Major
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: AW E90 335i

Garage List
p90x ftmfw. it's friggen brutal haha

LCI Rear Conversion | Custom BBS CH l Karbonwerke CF CSL Trunk l Duke Dynamics Performance Diffuser | LTBMW Custom Molded Lip | ST Coilovers | JB3 PnP
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 01:05 AM   #115
gun6slinger9
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 428xi

Quote:
So what kind of gains have you experienced?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 04:49 AM   #116
MMMorish
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I follow PHAT: Power Hypertrophy Adaptive Training by Layne Norton

http://www.simplyshredded.com/mega-f...ated-2011.html

Please try and talk shit about Layne Norton.
I don't come on internet forums to talk smack about anyone. I come on to learn new things and to keep me entertained. You're the one who told me to "get outta here with that shit". Why not try something out or at least do some further investigation before you go bashing it and assuming that it's "shit".

One mans way to success may be another mans failure but it doesn't mean it's wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gun6slinger9 View Post
So what kind of gains have you experienced?
No weight loss in terms of pounds on the scale, but my whole body has changed in that I've leaned out quite a bit and I look like I've put on 20lbs, though according to the scale I weigh the same. I pretty much gained a lot of muscle and stripped the fat at the same time.

Google the 100's routine or 100's workout and check it out for yourself.
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 11:07 AM   #117
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
No weight loss in terms of pounds on the scale, but my whole body has changed in that I've leaned out quite a bit and I look like I've put on 20lbs, though according to the scale I weigh the same. I pretty much gained a lot of muscle and stripped the fat at the same time.
Body fat loss and a lean muscle gain of 20lbs dafuq, you must be on dat CellTech brah. It's physically impossible to do that unless you joocin'
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 11:14 AM   #118
MMMorish
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Year's_End View Post
Body fat loss and a lean muscle gain of 20lbs dafuq, you must be on dat CellTech brah. It's physically impossible to do that unless you joocin'
I said it looks like I gained 20lbs, never said I did gain 20lbs. Basically my body looks bigger with less fat and my weight has stayed the same.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 12:18 PM   #119
Quick6EF
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I don't come on internet forums to talk smack about anyone. I come on to learn new things and to keep me entertained. You're the one who told me to "get outta here with that shit". Why not try something out or at least do some further investigation before you go bashing it and assuming that it's "shit".

One mans way to success may be another mans failure but it doesn't mean it's wrong.

Google the 100's routine or 100's workout and check it out for yourself.

Makes sense.
      03-19-2012, 05:52 PM   #120
MPBK
Everyday I'm shuffling
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 SG 135i DCT; '18 MG M2 DCT

Quote:
Makes sense.
So you were wrong about him?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 06:52 PM   #121
Quick6EF
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBK View Post
So you were wrong about him?
NOPE!

I was my usual condescending self - I agreed I shouldn't have been so short with his (incorrect) advice.

Move along.
      03-27-2012, 01:00 AM   #122
snowcastle
Rep
Drives: Ford Icon

as you are saying that are overweight/fat...try do regular easy exercises like treadmill/ cycling..this not only decreases your fat, but also keeps you fit as regular treadmill done keeps your blood pressure in control, active heart and reduction of fat and cholesterol...besides these you have to also develop strict diet and continue it...try to add fresh fruits and veggies to your diet!!! with this you dont feel hungry.....keeps you refreshing too..
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2012, 12:17 AM   #123
etc335i
Trainee
El Salvador
Rep
Drives: BUS PASS

Don't count calories, make them count!"
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2012, 01:25 AM   #124
loydholman
Rep
Drives: awesome

Thanks for the great advice...I've taken to running.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 02:47 AM   #125
loydholman
Rep
Drives: awesome

calorie deficit
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 01:59 AM   #126
Titanium Silver
Four Star General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******* View Post
Honestly for about a month im not eating almost nothing between 6am to 4pm while im in work... i dont really have time to excercise at gym

yeah yeah i know I look like a bag fuul of fat and other feces but caring for your appearance in Europe ( not including South EU cause there is hot like hell so they are naturally fit) is not so much popular as in US.
Three things that stood out from your entire post.

1.) You are eating nothing between 6 am and 4 pm while at work. This is terrible if you are trying to burn fat. You need to eat small snacks throughout the entire day. During work, you should be eating ~150 calories snacks every two hours or so. Lean, healthy and low fat snacks. If you eat small snacks at regular intervals throughout the day, you keep your metabolism going at a faster rate than if you are idle and not eating. This is key.

2.) You don't really have time for the gym. You will pretty much make NO PROGRESS WITHOUT WORKING OUT. Eating healthy will only get you so far. Without building lean muscle mass, you will just be skinny and flabby. When you have a higher proportion of lean muscle, you will naturally burn calories faster than if you are all fat. When you have a lot of muscle, you literally burn more fat just standing there than if you are already overweight.

I would not worry at all about all the meatheads at the gym where you live. Ignore them if you don't like them. Most dudes at my gym are actually pretty cool. I've made a lot of good friends seeing and chatting with people I see everyday at the gym. Some are huge meatheads and are cool, others look like you and are also cool. Eventually, with some discipline and dedication, you will fit right in!

3.) Caring about fitness in EU is not as "popular" as it is in the US. This is probably one of the most incorrect statements I've read in the post. America is the fattest and most overweight/obese countries in the world. The media's portrayal of Americans may be what you are basing this comment on, but unfortunately, pretty much the entire country is a fat mess.

You also said that the people in Southern EU are naturally fit because it has a hot climate or something. Not sure how you came up with this. You should check out the South here in America. It's the hottest and definitely the fattest and most obese part of our country (South Carolina, Kentucky, Louisiana, Arkansas, etc).

I would definitely encourage you to work out at least an hour a day and eat small healthy meals throughout the day. Do other exercising other than riding your bike. Start doing weight training and you will see progress. Once you start seeing the effects of your hard work, you will be more motivated to exercise and it is a positive feedback loop. You won't regret it!

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

E92 M3 | Jet Black | All OEM Everything
E30 M3 | Alpine White | Mostly OEM
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2012, 12:37 AM   #127
M3Denver
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3

all answers should contain a simple formula... which suprising some dont!!
1. Be active every day!!! play a sport, workout, do insanity/p90x, crossfit... whatever it is do 45-1 hour a day and take a rest day on the weekends.

2. Eat healthy and keep your calorie intake around 2000 calories a day for a guy your size. (there are exact ways to calculate this... and if you are doing insanity they give you the formulas for it rather than me explain it all on here)
Eat less crap... go with spinach, chicken, fish, nuts, lean steaks, other fruits and veg, protein bars/shakes....shit im hungry now.

its a simple formula!! be active eat right.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2012, 03:15 AM   #128
franklin067
Rep
Drives: i have no car

yoga is the best way to burn fat
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2012, 05:31 PM   #129
logan_franchise
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Crossfit and metabolic conditioning. You can thank me later!
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2012, 11:50 AM   #130
andybui82
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverstone View Post
Some Fat Burning products like Animal Cuts and Lipo 6 work, But you really need to workout while taking them, they don't just make you burn fat just like that, Its like a booster.

I took both, I wouldn't say it will get you ripped like they say it will. The only side effects i felt from both was that it gets you edgy and your mood shifts fast. Sometimes you will feel like your having a bad day and you don't even know why. Happened to a couple of people at the gym as well, So i decided to stop taking it because it was getting in the way of my work.

I did Insanity and Insanity Asylum, right now im doing Asylum with P90X, These programs work for sure. But you really need to be strict about it and dedicated in order to get the results. Work always gets in the way of my meals, So my results would have been way better if i was able to follow everything right from A to Z. These fitness programs work like gold.
lol i took oxy elite pro and it had nearly the same side effects. i noticed i would get super pissed off really easily. But when i was workign otu i was soo happy and jolly!
      11-08-2012, 12:51 PM   #131
MikeyV
Captain
Rep
Drives: Audi A6 Avant & A1 Sportback

Quote:
I said it looks like I gained 20lbs, never said I did gain 20lbs. Basically my body looks bigger with less fat and my weight has stayed the same.
Pretty much what's happened to me, although I'd still like to drop 10kg, my thighs have increased massively, shoulders and back have grown, all I need to to say goodbye to some of my belly.

The OP also needs to get out and squat, squatting works, lots of people hate squats and are scared of squatting but you just have to force yourself into them.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2012, 01:27 PM   #132
Chris_506
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 f82

this may sound funny to some but it worked wonders for me, being an unhealthy eater for all my life(fast food, carbs sweets etc) sticking to a strict diet was pretty much impossible for me. One day as i was walking around walmart i saw one of those thrash bag looking suits that make you sweat more and decided to give it a try, i started off sprinting 5mins followed by 10 mins of running in the mornings before work and same at night after work since i was so out of shape, then as i got a little more resistance i would push it an extra 5 sometimes 10 mins before i knew it i had shed like 20+ pounds in a matter of 3 to 4 weeks. The results could have been much better with a balanced diet of course but iam one of those people that believes the last thing they'll take to their grave if they suddenly die one day may be a good meal lol. Although i will admit i cut off sodas almost altogether and tried not to eat later on the night like after 7-8pm...now im fat and out of shape again but thats mainly because of my desk job and the fact that i know i have the capability to loose the weight quick in that manner.

anyways i hope that is of any help to you and remember that the #1 rule to loosing weight is to get it in your head that you can do it. No power of will=no results
Appreciate 0