F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > How to get Office menu to work on NBT retrofit
ARMA SPEED

01-11-2014, 02:09 PM   #1
steddyman
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 330D M-Sport Auto

How to get Office menu to work on NBT retrofit

Any idea why the Office menu on the retrofitted NBT never shows me the messages or anything else on my phone? Do I need an extra option code enabling for this to work.

The NBT is from late 2012 but has the NEXT 2013 maps currently installed. Also the Connected Drive menu is blank at the moment, but I expect I would need BMW Apps for that to work?

I have an iPhone 5s with iOS 7 connected via Bluetooth. I can stream audio to the NBT via bluetooth so that bit is working just fine.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2014, 02:50 PM   #2
steve@codemybimmer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Hong Kong
Rep

Drives: 2020 G20 320i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by steddyman View Post
Any idea why the Office menu on the retrofitted NBT never shows me the messages or anything else on my phone? Do I need an extra option code enabling for this to work.

The NBT is from late 2012 but has the NEXT 2013 maps currently installed. Also the Connected Drive menu is blank at the moment, but I expect I would need BMW Apps for that to work?

I have an iPhone 5s with iOS 7 connected via Bluetooth. I can stream audio to the NBT via bluetooth so that bit is working just fine.
Did you go to configure bluetooth under the telephone menu and make sure that Office was checked off?

It's sometimes a bit spotty with iOS because you also need to make sure that "Show Notifications" is on under your BMW Bluetooth profile on the iPhone and you have to make sure "Banners" is selected under notification centre.
Online Store | Remote Coding Package| ID6 Retrofit for almost all F Chassis BMWs
Appreciate 0