F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Hawaii > New F30 on Island
ARMA SPEED

06-29-2012, 03:14 AM   #1
reidpath
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i

New F30 on Island

As of Wednesday evening the MV Mokihana is in port at Sand Island with my car. Waiting for Matsonto release to the dealer. I am hoping they do tomorrow.

No news yet b/c it is still 0730 on Friday ;-)

328i
Jet Black w/ Sport Line
Black Leather w/ Red Highlights
Cold Weather Package (Yes I know, we are in Hawaii, but I am headed to the east coast at some point)
Parking Package
Premium Package
Adaptive M Suspension
Sport Paddle Shifters
35% ceramic tint from BMW Hawaii

- Going to Ron's Auto this morning to grab a license plate inspection sticker mount
- I got the Simoniz Ceramic paint sealer on Ebay for $20, and will be applying it immediately when I get home
- Going to take care of it with Zanio products

Last edited by reidpath; 06-30-2012 at 12:04 AM.. Reason: Update
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2012, 05:07 AM   #2
yerffejleahcim
Captain
Rep
Drives: '16 F80 M3 Alpine White

The long wait is almost over. Congrats in advance! Specs on your 328i?

2016 F80 M3 Alpine White / Sakhir Orange / DCT
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2012, 06:51 AM   #3
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by reidpath View Post
As of Wednesday evening the MV Mokihana is in port at Sand Island with my car. Waiting for Matsonto release to the dealer. I am hoping they do tomorrow.

I'll be updating this thread...
lol that's pretty awesome, my F30 was also delivered to HI by the Mokihana

Congrats, you should be driving it any day now

Note: Many PM me for links to the software needed to code. Please note that I do not have download links to this software. Your best bet is using the search function in the coding thread
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2012, 12:30 PM   #4
reidpath
Private
United_States
Rep

Coding

Svache, any chance I could trade you a six pack(s) of Longboard for some coding help?
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2012, 01:02 PM   #5
m5 guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5 Comp

Congrats! How many coats of Zaino you going with?
2001 E46 M3 Oxford Green Metallic II-Cinnamon SOLD
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2012, 01:46 PM   #6
yerffejleahcim
Captain
Rep

Quote:

No news yet b/c it is still 0730 on Friday ;-)

328i
Jet Black w/ Sport Line
Black Leather w/ Red Highlights
Cold Weather Package (Yes I know, we are in Hawaii, but I am headed to the east coast at some point)
Parking Package
Premium Package
35% ceramic tint from BMW Hawaii

- Going to Ron's Auto this morning to grab a license plate inspection sticker mount
- I got the Simoniz Ceramic paint sealer on Ebay for $20, and will be applying it immediately when I get home
- Going to take care of it with Zanio products
Im sure Svache will take care of you on coding. Cool guy.

No need to explain on Cold Weather Package - Svache has it too. :-). No Xenons? It will be nice to see a black F30. Never seen one in person. Hope you get it this weekend.

Appreciate 0
      06-29-2012, 04:19 PM   #7
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Haha no kidding, the cold weather package is one of the best packages I have.. I LOVE my heated seats

One thing I seriously disliked was the automated headlight washers.. it's set to wash the headlights at a certain interval of regular screen washes (you can't do this manually), and when driving this will spray your whole car because of the wind.. plus, needless to say, it empties the water reservoir pretty fast.. Thankfully it can be altered in the code, I simply disabled it lol

Quote:
Svache, any chance I could trade you a six pack(s) of Longboard for some coding help?
Haha no worries, I don't drink anymore (well for now at least, sadly.. stupid stomach) but I'll help you out, no problem

One thing though, just so you know, I hope I will be able to get a newer dataset of the software because it seems that some of the current builds are not able to get all the stuff done (such as the corner light delete, or the headlight washers). So when I code your car, it's possible I am unable to do some part of the things that you may want because of this (unless someone leaks the newer version)

Note: Many PM me for links to the software needed to code. Please note that I do not have download links to this software. Your best bet is using the search function in the coding thread

Last edited by svache; 06-29-2012 at 04:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2012, 04:40 PM   #8
ZMM_OMG
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M3

Garage List
2015 M3  [0.00]
2009 BMC Pro Machine  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by svache View Post
One thing I seriously disliked was the automated headlight washers.. it's set to wash the headlights at a certain interval of regular screen washes (you can't do this manually), and when driving this will spray your whole car because of the wind.. plus, needless to say, it empties the water reservoir pretty fast.. Thankfully it can be altered in the code, I simply disabled it lol
LOL... whoever buys your car from you is going to read through the owner's manual and think, "WTF?!? The car doesn't work like this at ALL!"

Appreciate 0
      06-29-2012, 05:04 PM   #9
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMM_OMG View Post
LOL... whoever buys your car from you is going to read through the owner's manual and think, "WTF?!? The car doesn't work like this at ALL!"

I know, I changed so many little things now haha.

I think if I ever sell my car, I think I'd best just put my original backups back into the car so it's as if nothing ever happened (or I could offer a free coding session on the car as sales pitch haha)

Appreciate 0
      06-29-2012, 06:54 PM   #10
ZMM_OMG
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M3

Garage List
2015 M3  [0.00]
2009 BMC Pro Machine  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by svache View Post
I know, I changed so many little things now haha.

I think if I ever sell my car, I think I'd best just put my original backups back into the car so it's as if nothing ever happened (or I could offer a free coding session on the car as sales pitch haha)
The coding session would totally be a selling point!
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2012, 12:03 AM   #11
reidpath
Private
United_States
Rep

I went with the Adaptive M Suspension instead of the Xenons.

Looking to do at least 3 coats of Zaino to start.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2012, 12:07 AM   #12
reidpath
Private
United_States
Rep

I stopped down at BMW earlier this afternoon and no luck yet. They said that Matson has no more than 4 days to release the car. Today was day three according to the manifest they pulled up. So if they were able to get it tonight maybe Sunday...
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2012, 12:45 AM   #13
m5 guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by reidpath
I stopped down at BMW earlier this afternoon and no luck yet. They said that Matson has no more than 4 days to release the car. Today was day three according to the manifest they pulled up. So if they were able to get it tonight maybe Sunday...
The suspense must be killing you lol...

I'm already going crazy and I have to wait till September. Can't wait to see your car with the zaino on it. Should be shiny.
2001 E46 M3 Oxford Green Metallic II-Cinnamon SOLD
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2012, 01:46 AM   #14
reidpath
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3 guy View Post
I'm already going crazy and I have to wait till September.
I hear ya. Just wait until it starts production, it goes to paint, then sits waiting for transport....

I almost wish I didn't have so many details, then I wouldn't be anticipating it so much.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2012, 03:02 AM   #15
yerffejleahcim
Captain
Rep

Did it also take three months for you?

Appreciate 0
      06-30-2012, 03:27 AM   #16
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I experienced that last wait from Matson to the dealer as the worst wait of all.. My car arrived on April 4 (Wednesday) in Honolulu with the same ship, Matson would not release the car until April 9 the earliest, which indeed happened. I finally would take delivery on Tuesday, a day after it got at the dealership. I'm kind of thinking it might be similar in your situation

Appreciate 0
      07-02-2012, 12:16 AM   #17
reidpath
Private
United_States
Rep

So my CA obviously has no clue what is going on. My car was never on the Mokihana. It was loaded on the Manukai on 27 June and is arriving today 1 July.

I am annoyed that he has been telling me that it was on the Mokihana and also that they were trying to pick it up.

I got the real scoop from Jim, one of the managers. At this stage with the holiday, I am not holding my breath and expect Friday/Saturday to drive out of the lot.

My survey is going to reflect.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2012, 03:07 AM   #18
yerffejleahcim
Captain
Rep

Quote:
So my CA obviously has no clue what is going on. My car was never on the Mokihana. It was loaded on the Manukai on 27 June and is arriving today 1 July.

I am annoyed that he has been telling me that it was on the Mokihana and also that they were trying to pick it up.

I got the real scoop from Jim, one of the managers. At this stage with the holiday, I am not holding my breath and expect Friday/Saturday to drive out of the lot.

A little more patience buddy! It will be so worth it once delivery comes. My car took a month from Cali to Oahu.

Appreciate 0
      07-02-2012, 04:51 AM   #19
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Who is your CA? I remember mine was always up-to-date and gave me print screens of what he could see in his system so I knew exactly what he knew

Appreciate 0
      07-02-2012, 12:06 PM   #20
reidpath
Private
United_States
Rep

My ca is Howard. He is a nice dude but...

I figure I shouldn't be upset about it too much, then I think oh wait I am dropping 45k on this car, do I get to be :-)

Honestly, I am enjoying riding my bike everywhere and not paying for gas right now!
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2012, 03:41 PM   #21
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
My ca is Howard. He is a nice dude but...

I figure I shouldn't be upset about it too much, then I think oh wait I am dropping 45k on this car, do I get to be :-)

Honestly, I am enjoying riding my bike everywhere and not paying for gas right now!
lol at least the weather isn't too bad over here

But I agree, when you spend a lot of money on your car, you should receive some service in return as well

Appreciate 0
      07-07-2012, 09:29 PM   #22
reidpath
Private
United_States
Rep

I'm at the dealer about to pickup my car. I am a much happier person now!
Appreciate 0